Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    A crossover between Inception and The Prisoner as well as Tenet and Sapphire and Steel.
    I'd love to see Nolan's take on "The Prisoner." (no incepting needed - the mind games happening irl are more than enough, and better imo since it's not technology invading his mind, just plain old lies and paranoia)

I dont think Washington was miscast. I thought the protagonist role was underwritten. He felt more like a player character in a video game like Persona or something.
    There were no details about the protagonist (that's literally his name) so it is hard to care about his journey. Obviously the mystery was the intent, but I don't think it was the right decision.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Frankenstein's Monster...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There were no details about the protagonist (that's literally his name) so it is hard to care about his journey. Obviously the mystery was the intent, but I don't think it was the right decision.
    Me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Interesting, I can see why you think that, but I believe a different actor would have brought more to the part. I think Pattinson did in a lesser role. I am not saying Washington is a bad actor, just miscast in this. The Protagonist needed to be a bit of a cypher.

Tenet was released in IMAX earlier this year and I was all set to go when I came down with a bad cough and fever. Very disappointing because I think all of Nolan's work at a different level when they are on the big screen.
    I'm not saying the protagonist had to change, but he had to have a persona and be someone. Compared to all the other characters he felt the weakest.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-20-2024 at 09:24 AM.

Me neither.

I'm not saying the protagonist had to change, but he had to have a persona and be someone. Compared to all the other characters he felt the weakest.
    I agree, but I think the actor had a lot to do with that.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'd love to see Nolan's take on "The Prisoner." (no incepting needed - the mind games happening irl are more than enough, and better imo since it's not technology invading his mind, just plain old lies and paranoia)
    Thats a common pick online.

After he was done with Batman, I just don't see him doing another property. I could see Jonathan doing the Prisoner as a series.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Christopher Nolan would be the perfect person to revitalize the Police Academy franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Frankenstein's Monster...
    I'd love to see his take on this but Del Toro is making a film about this so at least we'll get that cool take

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I'd love to see his take on this but Del Toro is making a film about this so at least we'll get that cool take
    Maybe there will be a mid-credits scene where he meets the fishman from "The Shape of Water" and they'll form a team where they defend the world from the things that go bump in the night...

Adapting the Question or Starman.

Movie adaptation of The Bill.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Clearly it should be something in the Star Trek realm.
    I'm being a bit serious.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime