Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1322

Thread: The NBA

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The NBA and their broadcast partners officially have a problem. Most, if not all casual fans tune in during the playoffs mainly to watch the league's most popular stars and/or teams, but with no Lebron, no Giannis, No Embiid, no New York team and now, no defending champion, the league better pray the Pacers don't ambush Boston or they'll have a ratings disaster on their hands when the Finals rolls around. That doesn't bother me, but good luck to ABC trying to hype an Indiana-Dallas/Minnesota championship round. The numbers for that will be straight up subterranean.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-20-2024 at 12:13 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The NBA and their broadcast partners officially have a problem. Most, if not all casual fans tune in during the playoffs mainly to watch the league's most popular stars and/or teams, but with no Lebron, no Giannis, No Embiid, no New York team and now, no defending champion, the league better pray the Pacers don't ambush Boston or they'll have a ratings disaster on their hands when the Finals rolls around. That doesn't bother me, but good luck to ABC trying to hype an Indiana-Dallas/Minnesota championship round. The numbers for that will be straight up subterranean.
    Do not worry the Celtics are winning this series in 5 games no doubt.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Timberwolves overcame a 20 point deficit and sent the Nuggets home
    I am stunned by this game.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Two straight games with their season, and championship defense on the line, Denver came up small. Suddenly, I find myself asking this question: are the Nuggets, like Milwaukee a few years ago, just a one-hit wonder?

After the game, one of the commentators said this is the 6th year in a row the reigning champ has lost in the second round. Dynasties are hard to come by.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Repeating is about teamwork and a mindset. The T-Wolves were hungrier, I think, but there is a certain advantage to being the team that wants to topple the champion. Thats the challenge with defending, always. Everyone else wants it just as much or more than you do, plus there is a certain underdog element going for all challengers. The T-Wolves played very well, but this was as much about Denver not knowing how to mentally repeat as it was about them getting beaten.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

All I can think is the Pacers had someone like Marvel Girl or Sue Storm helping the Pacers. You don't get every ball to take a good bounce without help.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Do not worry the Celtics are winning this series in 5 games no doubt.
    I'll take the some doubt side. Boston kicked their ass one good time I remember this season but the season series is 3-2 Boston and I don't think Siakam played. We all know Tatum will no-show it at least 1 game, I'm putting it at 2 games myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Pacers beat a Knicks team with one of their starting five playing and all were hurt. A healthy Knicks would have routed them. Now on to get their asses beat by Boston.
    Ben Mathurin also went out for the season and he my favorite of the new Pacers. Maybe he does and maybe he don't negate Julius Randal but in the words of the great NBA scholar, Rasheed Wallace, "Everybody played hard man." Routed is a strong word, and honestly it shouldn't have taken 7 to put the Kings out. The Bernard Kings that is.

I respect(ed) the hell out of this Knicks effort, all them old guys in the Garden... the guys that the past 2 newer generations of Knicks fan that weren't even alive when the Knicks were in playoff mode. Shoutout to them. I do not feel the same way with Bostons- F them. Indiana not likely to get said asses beaten though, your hate is noted for the record. Now I've got to get to some Knickerbocker tears to swim through on the YouTube.

All I can think is the Pacers had someone like Marvel Girl or Sue Storm helping the Pacers. You don't get every ball to take a good bounce without help.
    I see Jean as more of Nets fan, could be wrong... Don't shade native New Yorker Sue like that. She was obviously helping Divenchizo with all those damn rebounds- I think he was the lead rebounder of the series, that makes sense?!?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Ben Mathurin also went out for the season and he my favorite of the new Pacers. Maybe he does and maybe he don't negate Julius Randal but in the words of the great NBA scholar, Rasheed Wallace, "Everybody played hard man." Routed is a strong word, and honestly it shouldn't have taken 7 to put the Kings out. The Bernard Kings that is.

I respect(ed) the hell out of this Knicks effort, all them old guys in the Garden... the guys that the past 2 newer generations of Knicks fan that weren't even alive when the Knicks were in playoff mode. Shoutout to them. I do not feel the same way with Bostons- F them. Indiana not likely to get said asses beaten though, your hate is noted for the record. Now I've got to get to some Knickerbocker tears to swim through on the YouTube.

Hey, I hate the Celtics too, I just think they are a much better team. That said, seeing what just happened in the West, I could be very wrong.

As for the Knicks, if the Pacers were guarded by Randall, O G and Robinson, they aren't getting those shots. And you add the shooting by Randall and O G...Not saying they win in 4, but they win, and not in 7.

[font=georgia]
    I see Jean as more of Nets fan, could be wrong... Don't shade native New Yorker Sue like that. She was obviously helping Divenchizo with all those damn rebounds- I think he was the lead rebounder of the series, that makes sense?!?
    Any of the Evil Mutants have telekinesis?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-20-2024 at 10:47 AM.

The Blob (don't call me Blob!) might have been on the court in disguise. He's a pretty good defender.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Considering how far up north Westchester (the original location of Xavier's school) is from Manhattan, I'd think Jean would be more a Celtics fan. Just an opinion.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

New
    Add bookmark
    Well, a huge disappointment for the Knicks since they couldn't reach the third round which realistically this season would be the furthest they get in the NBA Playoffs. Another reason it's a huge disappointment is because the 1999 season was the last time the Knicks were in the NBA Playoffs' Third round.
    It's not surprising because a pretty good Pacers team doesn't have the injury flaw so in 2 consecutive games the Knicks got outplayed by a pretty good Pacers team that played great including a high shooting percentage, strong defense, and made fewer mistakes.

Hat's off to the fearless Timberwolves who played great in a challenging game 7 in Denver to advance to the NBA Playoffs third finally for the first time.
    So the TimberWolves fans can feel slightly optimistic that this might be the season they see the TimberWolves reach the NBA Finals
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Any of the Evil Mutants have telekinesis?
    Closest we got I think, across the INCESSANT, crowd shots. All the kee-kee'ing by the 1% Knicks fans. I thought I could have seen the White Queen, more than likely some celebrity dressed like a total WHOO-AAH, for their team.

Considering how far up north Westchester (the original location of Xavier's school) is from Manhattan, I'd think Jean would be more a Celtics fan. Just an opinion.
    The Muties don't have supergreat relationships with their folks. "Have you every tried not being a mutant" is a line I wish I could incorporate way more into regular life. Papa Grey likely was a Celts fan, post car fatality things changed with his daughter. I feel she bristles every time she sees that shamrock is why I say the Nets.

Of course Vegas has Boston as the favorite, they were #1 however the highest scoring team in the league this season was Indiana. The next 3- Thunder, Bucks and Hawks are out. IN 123.3 to Boston's 120.6. Boards and defense will decide this one, please note, Al Horford is 48 years old, give or take 10 years/seasons.

Derrick White vs. T.J. McConnell will be a battle for the ages.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Westchester is the next county up. 30 minutes by train. They are definitely Knicks fans.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-21-2024 at 05:47 AM.

Awesome game 7 between Denver and Minnesota. Incredible how Denver essentially nullified Anthony Edwards by constantly double teaming him, how Minnesota were down by 20 and still came back to beat the defending champions on their home court.

On Knicks vs Pacers, the game 7 wasn't nearly as exciting and I think it's a pity that the Knicks were devastated by injuries so much. I don't remember seeing a contender having this many injuries this deep into the playoffs.