Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, in the Green Lanterns book, at least by Humphries, it was kind of like Jessica being Hispanic.

There would be the occasional reference to it or nod, but it wasn't in-your-face about it and didn't really define either character.
    But having a character who is going to be praying five times a day be seen praying at some point isn't being in-your-face about it. It's just showing the reality of the character. Plus, it certainly hasn't been the primary defining characteristic of Baz in Priest's run.

Fantastic Member

Wasn’t Justice Lost part two solicited for March originally? Or am I just losing it? Maybe it was pushed back to give Woods more room?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    But having a character who is going to be praying five times a day be seen praying at some point isn't being in-your-face about it. It's just showing the reality of the character. Plus, it certainly hasn't been the primary defining characteristic of Baz in Priest's run.
    Basically. No one made a big deal out of it. Baz's alien companion didn't ask about what he was doing, leading to an extensive explanation of Baz's faith and it's practices. It was literally just three panels, two showing Baz preparing, and one of him actually praying.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So I read the April solicitations, they're trying to do that someone is gonna die or be critically injured thing, I don't really care, what I care about is the solicit for #43 which also is th end of an arc, do you guys think we'll get a team shake up or am I hoping for too much?
    Shake up would be cool. It's been needed forever. Let's expand beyond the main family of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post

Shake up would be cool. It's been needed forever. Let's expand beyond the main family of heroes.
    I remember when McDuffie was writing and there was a team change. Not pretty.

Hopefully we won't get the same reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I wasn't making any comment about the Priest run, just talking about how Humphries handled it in general.

As far as Priest, I thought it was better handled then some of Jessica's dialogue at any rate.

So we were right, I think most of us didn't think Priest run was gonna last long, I remember I stated in another post that Priest run would good for another writer to jump on and I'm glad I was right in thinking the team would be changed.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

So we were right, I think most of us didn't think Priest run was gonna last long, I remember I stated in another post that Priest run would good for another writer to jump on and I'm glad I was right in thinking the team would be changed.
    I am really bummed. But hopefully this is all good for the story. And he will get another excellent title soon!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Talk about a massive downgrade.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Priest was phoning it in on this title anyway. It's for the best.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Priest was phoning it in on this title anyway. It's for the best.
    That's lie you can not prove, it was a very self contained mode of storytelling for a future event that we didn't know was gonna happen.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Without Priest there I've lost all interest in Justice League. It was a smart book with him on it. None of that nostalgia-driven, how-its-always-been, obvious-where-its-going drivel.

DC, can we get an announcement on what book Priest going to upgrade?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

That's lie you can not prove, it was a very self contained mode of storytelling for a future event that we didn't know was gonna happen.
    That's WHY he was phoning it in, dear. He knew from the moment that he got placed on the book that his run was probably finite, so he allowed it to run on fumes. Compare his work here to Deathstroke, and it shows plainly.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Priest writing a holderover story that isn't allowed to change the status quo is still leagues better than anything Snyder or Tynion can cook up.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

This is all types of terrible. Hitch got 30+ issues of mediocrity, but we can't let Priest have 30+ of quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Without Priest there I've lost all interest in Justice League. It was a smart book with him on it. None of that nostalgia-driven, how-its-always-been, obvious-where-its-going drivel.

DC, can we get an announcement on what book Priest going to upgrade?
    Yeah, if they go back to the status quo then I maybe leaving as well.