View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Annual [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Black Magick #8

1 7.14%
  • Black Monday Murders #7

6 42.86%
  • Crosswind #4

0 0%
  • The Hard Place #2

0 0%
  • Lazarus X+66 #3 (of 6)

1 7.14%
  • Paklis #5

0 0%
  • Rat Queens special: Orc Dave #1 [one-shot]

2 14.29%
  • Redneck #6

0 0%
  • Rockstars #7

0 0%
  • Saga #47

2 14.29%
  • Southern Bastards #18

2 14.29%
  • Spawn #278

0 0%

Default Image Comics poll week 39 - Orc Dave sings you an Annual lullaby

Hey everyone, welcome back to the Image poll! Early rather than late this time, to keep the universe in balance. We do these weekly though, so join in if you'd like by voting or posting.

Last week's poll could still technically see a late-game upset, if Snotgirl manages to get another follower or 2 quickly. However, I'm feeling confident enough to project a win for Invincible because if the last few years have taught me one thing, it's that democratic processes always result in expected outcomes!
    But on a serious note, that's a well-deserved win. The 6th one this year already in fact, which if nothing else suggests that readers are loving the final year of Invincible. Pretty sure that ties it with Kill or be Killed for most wins this years!!!

Moving on to this week's offerings, Black Monday Murders is back, Lazarus X+66 hits the halfway point with a story drawn by Justin Greenwood (from Stumptown and The Fuse), Paklis reaches its first storyline's ending, as does Redneck, and Saga appears to go for two one-shots to close out this arc this and next month.
    Five Fists of Science is also getting reprinted this week, the steampunk story about Mark Twain & Nikola Tesla setting out to solve war everywhere, but of course Thomas Edison is there to thwart these noble plans in order to make bank off lightbulbs.

New this week are two arrivals:
    Annual is a yearly (obviously) anthology release, with its first outing containg pulpy popcorn entertainment from Joe Casey and a mythological tale by Jim Rugg, amongst a bunch more smaller stuff and features. Could be neat for those of us who miss Island Magazine?

Secondly, this week sees the release of Rat Queens special: Orc Dave, a one-shot focussing on the previously secluded life of Orc Dave. Before joining the Four Daves, Orc Dave enjoyed spending time with his father and liked nature (birds especially). All of this changed however, when the Rat Queens showed up and ruined his life forever. Should be good!

287258.jpg 289714.jpg

Lazarus X+66 #3 and Southern Bastards #18 for me. Always a special week when we're graced with the Bastard's presence.

A really good issue of Black Monday Murders so it gets my vote.

I also bought Annual and it's a very beautiful book that I will read later. Itv seems so well crafted that I could have voted for it only after turning the pages - but would it have been fair? Technically I have the feeling that it's more a kinda tpb and the poll is usually about series... Anyway once more it looks really great.

BMM is the best comic running right now. Solicit 100 more please.

Rat Queens and Lazarus for me. Both were excellent, but I gave Rat Queens the edge just because I really needed the escapism this week.

BMM most likely gets the vote. Spawn, and SB this week, too. Who knows, a few good books, there!

BANNED

...and Black Monday Murders.

Southern Bastards was hardcore... Roberta's a badass.

Lazarus X+66 was the most different issue of the entire series. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    A really good issue of Black Monday Murders so it gets my vote.

I also bought Annual and it's a very beautiful book that I will read later. Itv seems so well crafted that I could have voted for it only after turning the pages - but would it have been fair? Technically I have the feeling that it's more a kinda tpb and the poll is usually about series... Anyway once more it looks really great.
    I mean, it's a weekly poll for fun and to have threads where people can post reactions or thoughts to might not really warrant an entire thread of their own. I try to usually include every new release from Image, whether it's a graphic novel, magazine or comic and sometimes notable reprints. It's not really strictly about "monthly" series, in my view at least. Sometimes people vote for something they've not read (yet), such as those who wait on collected editions, or because they feel a series deserves a vote based on creators or what have you. So hey if you feel Annual deserves one for sheer flip-through value alone, I'd say go right ahead haha!

Orc Dave was the only one I read so I voted for it. It was kinda boring but the art was fantastic. Wish this guy was doing the ongoing series as well.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Black Monday Murders, here.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    I mean, it's a weekly poll for fun and to have threads where people can post reactions or thoughts to might not really warrant an entire thread of their own. I try to usually include every new release from Image, whether it's a graphic novel, magazine or comic and sometimes notable reprints. It's not really strictly about "monthly" series, in my view at least. Sometimes people vote for something they've not read (yet), such as those who wait on collected editions, or because they feel a series deserves a vote based on creators or what have you. So hey if you feel Annual deserves one for sheer flip-through value alone, I'd say go right ahead haha!
    1. Thanks for those weekly polls : they are just great!

2. The Annual fully merits to be in it. (In fact I found it in my lcs almost randomly. Imho it should have been placed with all the floppies - at least at first - so more customers could notice it. Conclusion: your poll is more nicely done than the stands in my shop. )

3.It was a terrible moral dilemma. I had a hard moment. I was just looking at those books... the coloured psychedelic anthology made to live proudly on a shelve... and the humble little floppy issue with his b&w cover... And I said to myself : "poor little thing..." (and it was such a good reading too...) It seems that I'm not the only to have enjoyed it btw.

Anyway, did anyone else here give a try to the Annual?

Sigh - I'm so damned bleary eyed I accidentally voted for Black Magick instead of Black Monday. Magick was great but Murder was sublime.

so count mine as a write-in vote for Black Monday Murders please (unless a Mod can use their mod powers to change the vote for me)

Anyway, I'm off to dreamland, night all... ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Quote Originally Posted by Doughy Man! View Post
    Sigh - I'm so damned bleary eyed I accidentally voted for Black Magick instead of Black Monday. Magick was great but Murder was sublime.

so count mine as a write-in vote for Black Monday Murders please (unless a Mod can use their mod powers to change the vote for me)

Anyway, I'm off to dreamland, night all... ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    *Waves magic wand*
    Image has too many similar-sounding titles haha, Black Magick, Black Road, Black Cloud, Black Science, Black Monday Murders, we had Black Jack Ketchum recently... Which ones am I forgetting?