Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
    Gen X and Penny Devotee

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    She doesnt look 14 years old for me.
    That was her age at her first appearance. If we go by the fact that Jubilee is at least college age now, that would make Yvette/Penance, around 20 years of age now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RichSkitzCale View Post
    That was her age at her first appearance. If we go by the fact that Jubilee is at least college age now, that would make Yvette/Penance, around 20 years of age now.
    Which makes her older than Jubilee, Kitty, X-23? I thought she was younger than them?

Which makes her older than Jubilee, Kitty, X-23? I thought she was younger than them?
    Laura is 20. Jubilee is probably like 20 or 21. Kitty is way older than 20....like WAY older.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Laura is 20. Jubilee is probably like 20 or 21. Kitty is way older than 20....like WAY older.
    The only time I saw Hollow looking older was in Avengers Academy. I think she still looked young in The Loners.

BANNED

Looks like I prefer the m twins to be Hollow/Penance and not Yvette.

BANNED

So what do you think about my idea the we will actually have two Penance? the red Penance will be Claudette and the Blue Penance will be Nicole?

Awesome art, LOVE to see the old GenX team again, but I really hate the old trope of "superhero teams always have to fight each other when they first meet". It never made sense to me. Can't they just say "hi"? Talk it out? Swap costume ideas/cake recipes?

Also, I'm pretty sure Penny by herself could carve most of the O5 to pieces. She could just stand there while they threw themselves at her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

edaefaerfe.jpg

Colored version of the cover

BANNED

it's reallly....bright

So Penny is facing off with Jimmy Hudson there? Well, that’s one way to get rid of him I guess.

Also, I’d pay real money for Jubes to react to Bloodstorm with something like “Ick, I hate vampires!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Maybe Vincente has been inside Hollow this whole time.
    In his gaseous form? Totally possible! And it would at least explain where the heck Vincente has been all this time! ;P

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    As far as I know, in-universe, Yvette was only used by Marius. But the behind the scenes stuff has it that the creators intended for it to be her birth name and for her to be a separate person from M and the twins.
    If Penance was mute, as the creators initially intended, Yvette was probably the closest thing Penance had to a "real" name, but it's only what Marius called her. Later on, it was retconned into being one of Monet's many middle names to explain why Marius called her that.

People often cite it as Penance's original birth name, but we have to remember that unless Marius had a talk with her parents or something that we never saw, it had to have just been what Marius came to call her, just as the Gen X came to call her Penance/Penny. In reality, we don't know if her birth parents (of Eastern European origin, so again, not terribly "Yvette"-ish) even named her, given that she might've been born a razor sharp, red-skinned monster.

There's just so much we don't know, but I'd like to know, about her!

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Anyone ever heard of an australian Kutji? Kinda reminds me of Penance.
    I haven't! Hmm... http://www.janesoceania.com/australi...gy1/index1.htm

Kutji spirits "The Kutji spirits usually dwell in the shade of bushes and in deep holes and show themselves in various forms, such as a black crow, eagle, owl, kangaroo or emu. Birds possessed by the kutji differ from ordinary birds or animals by circling around a person's head or behaving in an odd manner. In warm weather the kutji may be a black rain-cloud or present in a dust storm, thunder or in a distant mirage. These spirits cause sickness, disease, distress and death. Only the shaman can control them. In fact shamans receive their power from them and are in direct communication with them. It is this direct relationship which gives the shaman his or her healing and magical arts."

That's so creepy... definitely reminds me of Penance, with the whole "dwell in the shade of bushes" bit. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also, it explains why they were four separate people after Jubilee blew them up. The idea that Penance is just a transformed M doesn't work when you have them staring at each other across a room...

I'm not sure it's actually confirmed, but my head-canon is that Marius kept her around because she was one of the few people who wouldn't die or become transformed from him feeding on her. Apparently this is why he later abducted Bling!. He was hoping Bling! would have a similar resiliency.
    I agree, that's my head-canon as well. That's why he kept her around as a longtime meal, long enough for him to start to take on her physical traits, because she somehow stayed alive (probably by sustaining herself feeding off of negative energy... of which Marius would have a ton).

Quote Originally Posted by RichSkitzCale View Post
    She was 14 when Jubilee was 13-and-a-half, so she'd've been 18-19 when Jubilee had her 18th birthday... Jubilee was already a 17-year-old vampire, as I recall, at that point, so it's less useful to age Penance by using Jubilee as a baseline nowadays. I guess by now, 20 is about right. ;D

So what do you think about my idea the we will actually have two Penance? the red Penance will be Claudette and the Blue Penance will be Nicole?
    I once came up with a fanfic where Penance had half-brothers who had blue bodies with red eyes instead of her usual red skin and blue eyes.

If, you know, we're just trading fanfic ideas here now, lol.

As for your idea, I think we need to separate Penance from the concept of Claudette and Nicole as much as possible at this point. It's time to build her own backstory, based in "the old country" a.k.a. whichever part of the former Yugoslavia they want to put her ancestors in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Awesome art, LOVE to see the old GenX team again, but I really hate the old trope of "superhero teams always have to fight each other when they first meet". It never made sense to me. Can't they just say "hi"? Talk it out? Swap costume ideas/cake recipes?

Also, I'm pretty sure Penny by herself could carve most of the O5 to pieces. She could just stand there while they threw themselves at her.
    Looks like Iceman tried that (last page of X-Men Blue #17!), but was shot down, lolz.

As for Penny carving up the O5, I agree, but Bloodstorm is the team's real x-factor, not sure Penance could account for her powers.

EDIT: Apparently Bloodstorm didn't make it to the '90s? Darn you, misleading cover to issue #18!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    it's reallly....bright
    It's not finalized, they'll probably tone down the saturation level in the final pass, which is when I'm assuming they'll apply the final layer of melanin to Monet as well.

So Penny is facing off with Jimmy Hudson there? Well, that’s one way to get rid of him I guess.

Also, I’d pay real money for Jubes to react to Bloodstorm with something like “Ick, I hate vampires!”
    Yeah, I don't see how Jimmy Hudson could really stand up to Penance in a real fight. XD

And HAHA omg I'd love to see Jubilee say that to Bloodstorm!! ;D

Or "Eww, vampires are gross!"

=========

As previously seen, Penance is going to be on the cover of X-Men Blue #18 (as seen on Twitter here) and, brand new this week, she's also on the last page of X-Men Blue #17! So excited that we'll see more of her in issue #18. :-)

The plot involves time travel, so this isn't present-day. I'm guessing it's the early days of the Academy, since Mondo's still around.

Close Up:
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 12-14-2017 at 08:12 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Yeah, that seems like a perfectly reasonable response by M.

BANNED

Finally, i see Hollow/Penance in comics again.

BANNED

I hope Penance beats Jimmy Hudson.