Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
To be honest, I am not much of a fan of Moon Girl, though her intelligence is nothing to do with it. I just think she is a bit... unlikable? No, arrogant is the word I am more thinking off. I mean yeah, she is just a kid but still... I am also not that keen on how they portray her and Devils relationship. I dunno, she seems to just put up with him, rather then there being a real classic connection on the level of say... Rocket and Groot. I just feel sorry for Devil when I read the books! Thats just me though, I may not like the character all that much, but I love the message that Marvel do send out with her. I think she, along with the likes of Kamala and perhaps even America Chavez, are character Marvel are priming for success outside the comics.

I think the ultimate book for youngsters I would recommend is The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, but yeah, I think Moon Girl would be a good book for them too.
I don't see how Moon Girl is any more 'arrogant' than most smart characters. She's not Barry Ween or Dexter for example from what I've seen of her.

From my experience when that is lobbed at a Black person it has a different connotation to it which shows up throughout this whole thread. Even in fiction apparently having a Black girl be the smartest is too much of a break from fantasy.