Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    why go through Cyclops? she could have made the offer to all of ex-mutantkind if she wanted to. Doom could have undone all of this when he was inverted, as well.
    No, he couldn't. When he captured Wanda he only had one shot at using her power and he had to make a choice. I would think you would be happy that he chose to have Cassie brought back to life.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-26-2017 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    the biggest problem for me is all the other universes, realities, timelines, in which they are Magneto's kids.
    Like Age of Apocalypse in which pretty much Magneto is Xavier and Quicksilver the leader of the X-Men, or the Ultimate universe.
    The last retcon in a way ruinned many stories in which they were a family. It ruined House of M for instance. I doubt it would have happened if Magneto had not been their father.

The only way for Wanda to be accepted back by x-men fans is a spell of her repowering the mutants she depowered, and resurrecting the ones she indirectly killed (mutants who were flying and fell down to the ground, Magma's boyfriend who lost his heat powers while they were both exploring a volcano and burned alive) etc
    If the problem is we would have again 16 million mutants and Marvel doesnt want that, then they should go the Morrison way, most mutants have worthless mutations and would prefer to be humans, give their powers back to the small minority of mutants who want their powers back.
    I think repowering the mutants is enough. There’s no need to bring back the ones who died, too. The significant ones probably came back to life by now anyway, or will at some point if a writer wants to use them.

Meanwhile, you have popular characters like Jubilee and Dani Moonstar, or old fan favorites like Wind Dancer, who are still suffering the effects of M Day and get thrown into random power sets to try to keep them relevant.

Wanda has typically been shown to be unsympathetic and unapologetic Post Children’s Crusade, and usually “it’s not my fault”. That just made things worse for people. Especially when there’s characters still suffering from HOM.

wow. even with Pietro and Magneto being almost-twins. that's an admirable level of denial; even without factoring in Wanda looking like Magda.

that much is mostly true. I was getting a little annoyed by Wanda blaming all of her screw-ups on someone who had no hand in her upbringing. but I did like that Magneto had a familial love for Luna, Billy, and Tommy.
    The retcon is one of the stupidest things Marvel has done recently. I’m glad the comics have generally not gone too deep into it.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think the retcon was a sudden order by Perlmutter.
    This would not surprise me except for I really think that Perlmutter has never picked up a comic book. His former partner and friend Avi Arad at least knew a bit about the comics. I guess he could have an underling that informed him.

wow. even with Pietro and Magneto being almost-twins. that's an admirable level of denial; even without factoring in Wanda looking like Magda..
    Well, Magda was deliberately drawn by Byrne to look like Wanda but he intended it to be more of an easter egg. If hair color was the only determination of family relationships, what does that say about Clint Barton, Steve Rogers, and Johnny Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This would not surprise me except for I really think that Perlmutter has never picked up a comic book. His former partner and friend Avi Arad at least knew a bit about the comics. I guess he could have an underling that informed him.

Well, Magda was deliberately drawn by Byrne to look like Wanda but he intended it to be more of an easter egg. If hair color was the only determination of family relationships, what does that say about Clint Barton, Steve Rogers, and Johnny Storm?
    The way some artist draw Clint and Steve, you would think they were related

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The way some artist draw Clint and Steve, you would think they were related
    John Byrne drew Hank Pym, Steve Rodgers, and Clint Barton all with the same face.

Despite the retcons, I'll always consider the Scarlet Witch a part of the X-men comics. Disconnecting her from Magneto and mutants just reeks of so many contrivances. I think in the long run, those connections she has to the X-men will remain.

That said, I haven't really noticed her absence much. The X-books have managed just fine without her. Some are even benefitting, like Polaris. But the events of Jean Grey #7 reminded me that Wanda still has plenty to offer. At some point, I'd like for her to take part in another X-men story. I don't consider it too high a priority at the moment, given the ongoing events in the X-books and the Avengers. But I hope we see something like that in the long run.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Despite the retcons, I'll always consider the Scarlet Witch a part of the X-men comics. Disconnecting her from Magneto and mutants just reeks of so many contrivances. I think in the long run, those connections she has to the X-men will remain.

That said, I haven't really noticed her absence much. The X-books have managed just fine without her. Some are even benefitting, like Polaris. But the events of Jean Grey #7 reminded me that Wanda still has plenty to offer. At some point, I'd like for her to take part in another X-men story. I don't consider it too high a priority at the moment, given the ongoing events in the X-books and the Avengers. But I hope we see something like that in the long run.
    I think most people associate her with the Avengers. She has spent very little time in the X-verse compared to her being an Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

You do realize don't you that making Magneto and Magda their parents was a retcon of an earlier Avengers story where their birth history was told? What do you say to people who consider Bob and Madeline Frank their parents? With Magneto, Byrne used the story where he took of his helmet for the first time and his hair was silver/white (see link to the Byrne MB in my previous post) to posit that he was Pietro's father. Hair color is a pretty weak link. Bob Franklin was a speedster so at least you can say Pietro's mutant power came from his father, a stronger link. Funny that Byrne criticizes Roy Thomas for a penchant to link characters back to the Golden Age Marvel but he thinks hair color is OK to use to make the link.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-26-2017 at 10:22 AM.

because the Avengers are the center of the universe; marketing wise. if you want everyone to pay attention to something, you do it in an Avengers book. where did Logan return?
    I think it's the other way around. Marvel typically uses popular X-men characters and storylines to bolster interest in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think most people associate her with the Avengers. She has spent very little time in the X-verse compared to her being an Avenger.
    Well obviously, but her mutant origin and earliest appearances will always be tied to X-Men #4. Magneto's various guest appearances in the Avengers titles such as Avengers #47 ( "Magneto Walks the Earth") Avengers West Coast #60 (" Personal Magnetism") as well as the "Vision and Scarlet Witch" limited series continued to reinforce that connection. She's also had prominent roles in various X-Men cartoon series. There's just a lot more stories using Wanda's family connections to Magneto and the X-Men books then that quickly forgotten Robert Frank parentage reveal.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

No, he couldn't. When he captured Wanda he only had one shot at using her power and he had to make a choice. I would think you would be happy that he chose to have Cassie brought back to life.

[URL=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/IronMaiden99/media/MB%20comic%20Scans/Avenger%20World%202014/AVENWORLD16_pg17_zpsd588e

[URL=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/IronMaiden99/media/MB%20comic%20Scans/Avenger%20World%202014/AvengersWorld_16_Cassie_zps26d4cc57[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/IronMaiden99/MB%20comic%20Scans/Avenger%20World%202014/AvengersWorld_16_Cassie_zps26d4cc57.jpg
    No, I would prefer that he didn't kill Cassie; completely avoidable. Doom has a time machine. He could have brought her back that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    I think it's the other way around. Marvel typically uses popular X-men characters and storylines to bolster interest in other books.
    Do you have an example?

I don't believe that I mentioned hair color. In the issue that confirmed Magneto to be the father, it was Wanda who noticed the resemblance. She was referring to their facial features. It's really not that extreme of a retcon. The twins were not introduced with the last name 'Frank.' They had to include the high evolutionary because Whizzer is old as dirt and just as irrelevant. I don't personally need them to be Magneto's kids. But that was the canon that had the most story potential. And to say that they aren't mutants after decades worth of evidence to the contrary is ridiculous. As if your only interest in this wasn't that Doom had a crush on Magneto's daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Well obviously, but her mutant origin and earliest appearances will always be tied to X-Men #4. Magneto's various guest appearances in the Avengers titles such as Avengers #47 ( "Magneto Walks the Earth") Avengers West Coast #60 (" Personal Magnetism") as well as the "Vision and Scarlet Witch" limited series continued to reinforce that connection. She's also had prominent roles in various X-Men cartoon series. There's just a lot more stories using Wanda's family connections to Magneto and the X-Men books then that quickly forgotten Robert Frank parentage reveal.
    No one thinks of Wanda as an X-Man though despite her initial appearance there.

Wolverine's 1st appearance was in the Hulk but no one connects him with that franchise.

Her being tied to the Avengers doesn't lessen her connection to Magneto. That just serves as another strong connection between the two franchises.