View Poll Results: Who is the best superhero lawyer in the Marvel Universe?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jennifer Walters (She-Hulk)

27 40.30%
  • Matt Murdock (Daredevil)

40 59.70%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Jennifer was chosen by the living tribunal to work in interplanetary affairs.
    My case.
    Appearing in front of the Living Tribunal is not a court feat

What Legal feats lol! have either won as a prosecutor/defense lawyer against each other or someone else? Or can ppl list their most important court cases?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I would say for this reason and many others is why Matt is a better Lawyer. Life isn't really about whats "fair" after all. Matt has skills that give him an edge in his field therby making him better at it. Thats is what it is. Besides that he did still have to earn his degree and he did graduat Suma Comlada. So its not all powers at play.

Edit: To adf I think Matt has had more of the high profile superhero cases as well. Could be wrong but it seems the commuinty turns to him more often when they are in a jam.
    But that's my point. Matt can essentially cheat in every case, his powers are enough to get his disbarred.

Jen is the better lawyer because her powers are irrelevant to her profession. Matt's profession benefits hugely from his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    But that's my point. Matt can essentially cheat in every case, his powers are enough to get his disbarred.

Jen is the better lawyer because her powers are irrelevant to her profession. Matt's profession benefits hugely from his powers.

so his powers which help him be a better lawyer are a reason for him to be a lesser lawyer? huh?

Jen could not even get to write her own cousin's will. Matt was the lawyer for the ff and it seems has set up the patents to accumulate billions for Johnny. He is to the law what Night Nurse is to medicine in the MU the go to person.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    It might have bit him in the ass as a superhero, but not as a defense attorney. In that role he has an ethical obligation to zealously defend his client, even if he knows he’s guilty.
    I realize this, but the issue was that he did things in his costumed identity that more than crossed ethical lines to defend his client (think: threatening witnesses) and he did so for the wrong reasons for the wrong client.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Jen could not even get to write her own cousin's will.
    Speaking as a service professional in a related field, its common that family members WON'T turn to each other for matters involving death or post death actions, or even financial services. It's a psychological thing. Quite honestly, I'm NOT surprised he wouldn't go to Jen for something like this. How do you tell your cousin, whom you're responsible for turning into a gamma being, that you're planning on ending your life?

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Speaking as a service professional in a related field, its common that family members WON'T turn to each other for matters involving death or post death actions, or even financial services. It's a psychological thing. Quite honestly, I'm NOT surprised he wouldn't go to Jen for something like this. How do you tell your cousin, whom you're responsible for turning into a gamma being, that you're planning on ending your life?
    the will I am talking about was his financial assets getting speed. It was not a statement of killing himself. As a cousin there is no conflict it is not an immediate family member.

Wasn't Jen disbarred for a while as well? She revealed privileged info or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Jennifer has arbitrated on a cosmic level. this isn't a debate.
    Is there any evidence that cosmic/interplanetary law is harder? I can't think of any reason why it would be, would just have to learn the rules.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

so his powers which help him be a better lawyer are a reason for him to be a lesser lawyer? huh?

Jen could not even get to write her own cousin's will. Matt was the lawyer for the ff and it seems has set up the patents to accumulate billions for Johnny. He is to the law what Night Nurse is to medicine in the MU the go to person.
    Yes, cheaters are disqualified.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

the will I am talking about was his financial assets getting speed. It was not a statement of killing himself. As a cousin there is no conflict it is not an immediate family member.

Wasn't Jen disbarred for a while as well? She revealed privileged info or some such.
    Idk about the official lawyer rules on the subject but having a lawyer write a will where they receive something from that will is ethically dubious, which is probably why Bruce had Matt do it instead.

Jen was disbarred for revealing information on a villain who magically input his killing into her mind, causing her to go Savage temporarily and outburst his crimes.

Foggy Nelson.

Mighty Member

I never mentioned anything about conflict. I am speaking as a service professional and I am telling you that many people simply won't approach family members who provide professional services when they need it and go elsewhere to get them. Many people simply are more comfortable discussing things with an unbiased stranger than a family member.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Yes, cheaters are disqualified.
    why is it cheating exactly it is not monopoly? He uses all his skills to the best of his ability. Who does not want that is someone they hire.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I never mentioned anything about conflict. I am speaking as a service professional and I am telling you that many people simply won't approach family members who provide professional services when they need it and go elsewhere to get them. Many people simply are more comfortable discussing things with an unbiased stranger than a family member.
    Also, if for any reason something doesn't work out right, it could make any family gatherings uncomfortable.

so his powers which help him be a better lawyer are a reason for him to be a lesser lawyer? Huh?

Jen could not even get to write her own cousin's will. Matt was the lawyer for the ff and it seems has set up the patents to accumulate billions for johnny. He is to the law what night nurse is to medicine in the mu the go to person.
    this^^^^^^^^
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I don't think Jennifer Walters has ever been disbarred. So that alone should give her a win.
    Wasn't her being dropped from Lawyer to bounty hunter the same?