View Poll Results: Who do you love/hate?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Namor- Love him

19 57.58%
  • Namor- Hate him

8 24.24%
  • Gentle- Love him

13 39.39%
  • Gentle- Hate him

11 33.33%
  • Wolverine- Love her

25 75.76%
  • Wolverine- Hate her

7 21.21%
  • Gabby- Love her

12 36.36%
  • Gabby- Hate her

13 39.39%
  • Nightcrawler- Love him

24 72.73%
  • Nightcrawler- Hate him

4 12.12%
  • Trinary- Love her

16 48.48%
  • Trinary- Hate her

7 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    How can love/hate Trinary even be an option, the only thing we have on her is a single image. Maybe we should all wait and see what the book is like after a story arc or two before we rip it to shreds? Maybe? We haven’t even gotten a synopsis or mission statement of this team...
    Hating Trinary is a thing because the claim is her spot could've been used for someone else.

Poll added for you to love\hate

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hating Trinary is a thing because the claim is her spot could've been used for someone else.
    This is somewhat understandable inasmuch as there are many "limboed" characters that could be used, but if everybody thought this way then we'd never get any new blood in the X-books. Stagnation is bad, both for characters and for a franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Love Namor, Wolverine and Trinary. The rest I'm ambivalent on.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I think Tom Taylor is a capable writer and I think he will pull of an entertaining story!
    X men red is a wait and see for me!
    I am more interested in solo books, so I choose team books only if a favorite of mine is in it. And it is not! And even in case it would not be an instant buy. Now at this point the only stuff I am truly interested in, is how Jean copes with the world around her after her long absence and how she reconnects with the friends she left behind! I hope for a Jean Grey(adult) solo. And I am looking forward to Phoenix resurrection!

To answer the question:

I am indifferent on the cast! Most of them.
    I simple lost my interest in Wolverine(Laura) and Gabby.
    I like Kurt but not on this book? Well...... Kurt was one of Wolverine(Logan)s closest friends. (“Laura you are sooo much better, you achieved sooo much more!!” Bad joke I know but tempting, but I have seen it in ANW! Some times more subtle, some times not so much. I do not want it to be repeated in here. This would mean for this book to end up immediately on my black list)
    Trinary is a wait and see. This should be the most interesting part.
    The others indefferent.

I did not vote, my options are not on the poll list.

BANNED

Trinary is just a bad code-name.

Like, I guess we're running out, but...okay.

i only object to gabby on the fact that she seems incorrigible and looks like a team mascot or something.

everyone else i love so this book is probably OK for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Trinary is just a bad code-name.

Like, I guess we're running out, but...okay.
    That happened years ago. U-Go Girl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I haven't been following comic stuff very actively in a while since I've had more important things to do recently so I only now saw the X-Men Red thing and only thing I'm excited about it is that real Jean seems to finally be really back after all these years. Other than that I'm mostly confused about the title and the cast. I mean, I get titles like Gold & Blue since those are the colors of X-Men uniforms and there is a historical presedence to using those two colors to designate different teams of X-Men but Red just seems so random. I guess it's called that since it has Jean as leader and she has a red hair but that's kinda random. What's next? X-Men Yellow featuring all the Asian mutants like Surge, Sunfire & Armor? Or X-Men Green featuring Polaris, Rogue & Abigail Brand?

And that gets me to the cast which confuses me. It makes no real sense. I feel like somebody just rolled a dice to see which characters would get to join Jean. 1 classic X-Man: Nightcrawler, 1 student: Gentle, 1 character with very loose ties to X-Men: Namor, 1 brand new character: Whatsherface, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the cast. I'm just not very interested about it since it's so random & full of characters I'm indifferent to. It feels like x-books these days are just trying their damnest to have either the most boring cast ever: X-Men Gold (same old characters) & Blue (alt O5 & Bloodstorm) or the most random & uninteresting cast ever: Gen X (all the looser students nobody cared about) & now Red (cast chosen with a roll of a dice).
    Only book that has a good cast with right balance is Astonishing and even that has Fantomex trying to ruin it. Though he's not as violently annoying as he sometimes is.

So all in all, when it comes to Red I'm excited by the idea & the concept but disappointed by the cast. So I might check this book out eventually if I remember & find the time but I'm not in any hurry to do so.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 11-15-2017 at 10:26 AM.