Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Whatever they do, I hope it's not the Ultimates story line. Keep it 'real'.

One thing to remember here as everyone seems to be kinda pitching ideas that involved their favorite facets of the X-verse over the years and some being rather obscure. Good ideas all, but....

Disney will likely take a look at the most popular and recognizable X-Men and build on that. That, my friends, is the Jim Lee look of the 90's. Don't be surprised to see some retro 90's goodness with a few modern twists under Feige...GotG and Thor:R both pull heavily from the 80's and they do it very, very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Sounds super gay. I'd watch it.
    I love old school Beast and his relationships with Bobby and Simon and thought well Bobby was once in LA with the Champions and Simon is an actor out there why not the three of them in LA?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    It is not believable at all but that is not the reason. People want X men to be separate because Marvel has been dick riding the Avengers so hard and sheeting on the X-Men. Look at how crap Avengers vs X-men was. Also inhumans vs X-men. Just cant expect any good from the two teams interaction.
    Well, people that can read mind, stop time or change reality with their thoughts going to school with your kids or living next door can raise some concerns from normal people. Anyways racism being irrational should be more than enough explanation for mutants being feared and hated but not other super-powered individuals (this isn't exactly the case though).

The people working at Marvel comics don't have any influence in the movies so I wouldn't worry about the X-men being mistreated by other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    It is not believable at all but that is not the reason. People want X men to be separate because Marvel has been dick riding the Avengers so hard and sheeting on the X-Men. Look at how crap Avengers vs X-men was. Also inhumans vs X-men. Just cant expect any good from the two teams interaction.
    half the reason marvel's crapping on the X-men while dick riding the avengers, is because they can't use them in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Disney will likely take a look at the most popular and recognizable X-Men and build on that. That, my friends, is the Jim Lee look of the 90's. Don't be surprised to see some retro 90's goodness with a few modern twists under Feige.
    Oh GAWD I hope so. That’s my favourite era. And since Disney owns Marvel is it too much to ask for some feature length TAS movies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Gambit and Rogue vs Black Widow and Hulk. They start off as rivals but then team up to fight the big bad. Then they just have one big swinger affair to celebrate.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member

Well, I'm a bit bored so I'm going to pitch the sequel to the last movie I came up with.

So, where I left it before is that a couple of government scientists were plotting to capture/exterminate mutants by rounding them up using Sentinels. However, I also suggested that Master Mold would develop sentience and turn on his masters with the belief that the only way to control the mutation/evolution process would be to control humanity itself. So, one of our X-Men, Thunderbird aka John Proudstar would sacrifice himself to destroy Master Mold (what can I say, John got a raw deal in the comics, so I wanted to have the option of making people fall in love with the character before killing him off). That leaves a team of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler and Jubilee under the watch of Professor X and Moira MacTaggert grieving their fallen team mate.

So, the next movie takes place a while after that. They're all getting over John Proudstar's death. There have been a couple of additions to the team. I want the team to kind of grow between movies to show they're still out there fighting, recruiting and doing good but I don't want to overload the script. So, our first new member is Angel because he can bring out some good conflict with both Cyclops and Wolverine and he can play a big part in movie #3 (more on that in another post). The other new recruit is Shadowcat because we need a team brain and I think she can be played well off of Jubilee (my Kitty might be a little bit Kitty crossed with Husk). This movie starts off with the Brotherhood revealing themselves to the public (the group calls themselves "The Brotherhood". The newspapers and 24 hour news stations call them "The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants"). The Brotherhood roster consists of Magneto, Mystique, Destiny, Blob, Avalanche, Mastermind (Regan Wyngarde), Havok and Rogue. Magneto, Mystique and Destiny are the grown-ups of the group with the others being younger. Like I said, most of the world's mutants are adolescents. The Brotherhood shows up in places, commits a terrorist act against "the human status quo", liberate whatever mutants are there and take them who knows where. The real drive isn't really the plot, it's the character aspects. Magneto and Professor X's friendship is brought up, but it's not dwelled on like in previous movies. However, the fact that Cyclops finally finds his long lost brother is a big part of it. Mystique tries to recruit Nightcrawler to the Brotherhood revealing that she's his birth mother. Family is a big theme here, as well as the pain of broken connections. Anyway, the Professor manages to peek into Magneto's mind and finds out that he's taking the "liberated" mutants to someplace off-world and that he's trying to prepare a living weapon he calls "Mutant X". Mutant X, it turns out, is Rogue. At the urging of her "Mama" Mystique, Rogue is being made to drain the life force out of other mutants in order to graft increasingly more mutant powers onto her in order to make her a sort of "super-mutant". Unfortunately, some powers like super-strength and flight manage to stick while others are only there for a short time. Also, the whole process is causing Rogue's mental state to become more and more unstable. It gets to the point where Magneto and Mystique come down to Earth and abduct Moira for her expertise in mutant genetics so she can help complete their "weapon". Having finally figured out where they are, the X-Men steal a space shuttle to go after them to Asteroid M. There's a big fight, Havok turns on the rest of the Brotherhood, Rogue becomes incapacitated by all the voices in her head. Asteroid M is knocked out of orbit. Last minute escape. The X-Men return to Xavier's School as the dust settles. Cyclops offers his brother a place on the team, but Havok passes saying he wants to get as far away from the whole conflict as he can. That seems like the end of it until the doorbell rings and who's standing there but Rogue, coming to the Professor for help. One more member for their ragtag little family.

Though, Rogue may not have come to the mansion empty-handed. She managed to leave the Brotherhood with a couple of Destiny's diaries. Diaries that foretell the coming of Apocalypse.

Mighty Member

UNCANNY:
    An Xmen Movie
    Cyclops was right

First off we establish the original five are the original X-men. They keep to the shadows and haven't gone public yet, although with people like Spider-man and the Avengers making their presence known, the team is starting to get a bit antsy. I'd also put them in black leather team uniforms similar to the first movie. Then next time cerebro detects a new mutant (they're still rare at this point, like in the early days) the team decided to go off without letting the Professor known in order to prove themselves.

They don't come back.

Weeks pass. Xavier is worried sick. He's been using his powers and all his resources to find his missing team but they've just disappeared. If they were dead, he'd know, but they're just ... gone...

Cameo from Nick Fury: Xavier goes to talk to Fury to see what he knows. Nick Fury tell him that mutants are like Bigfoot. Tons of unreliable witness statements and blurry photos, but nobody has ever gotten any proof they exist.

Eventually there's a psychic blip that appears. Xavier tracks it down only to find a near dead Cyclops who talks about how he escaped and the others are being held captive and experimented on.

This is when Xavier puts together his second team, a group of mutants that he's been keeping an eye on for a while. Colossus, Storm, Nightcrawler, and Wolverine. We could work a few more cameos in here if you like. I'd like for Deadpool to be one.

With the new team together and dressed in more updated superhero costumes, they rush off to save the original X-men.

Stan lee cameo: Right after they leave, Stan lee pulls up to the X-mansion wearing the most ridiculous superhero costume you can imagine. He rings the doorbell and waits, complaining that the rest of the team left without him.

At the secret military base the X-men are being held at, the new team encounters ... AHAB! ... as well as some prototype sentinels and the results of his experiments... the Mimic! Eventually the other team is rescued, both teams work together and save the day yadda yadda yadda.

The teams return to the mansion (Stan is long gone by now), decide who'll be staying and who will be going, and talk about finally coming out in the open as a new super team. Suddenly there's a news bulletin on the TV. Some maniac calling himself "Magento" and saying he speaks for all mutants has attacked Washington DC.

After credit sequence: We see one of Ahab's top scientists walking down a shadowy hallway only to shapeshift into Mr. Sinister.

Second After credit sequence: A few of the X-men have returned to the site of Ahab's base and are searching the wreckage for clues as to who he was and who was funding him. Wolverine turns over some scrap that used to be a sentinel and sees something. Beast calls out asking him what he found only for Wolverine to say it was nothing. He's just reminded of a guy he needs to go have a talk with. Close up on the sentinel parts we see a STARK logo on it.

Wolverine reboot with him in his costume. Frank Miller and Chris Claremont's mini.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Wolverine reboot with him in his costume. Frank Miller and Chris Claremont's mini.
    Sooo...Basically remaking The Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Sooo...Basically remaking The Wolverine.
    But done right.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    UNCANNY:
    An Xmen Movie
    Got a chuckle out of me.

Kitty Pryde awakens to her new powers, is hunted by government agents. The X-Men (Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Colossus (from the Deadpool movie), Nightcrawler) save her. The man spearheading the hunt against the kind of superbeings that is emerging is Dr. Nathaniel Essex. Professor Xavier engages in discussion with him in public channels, Cyclops knows him from somewhere. Storm takes Kitty to see the Morlocks to show just how long mutantkind has existed just out of humanities sight. They are attacked the marauders (Sabretooth, Gambit and flunkies). X-Men takes heavy damage, Nightcrawler and Colossus are incapacitated. Kitty is stuck in the phase form of her power and catches the fascination of Mr Essex who arrives onto the scene. She gets taken. Storm, Rogue and Cyclops mount a mission to rescue her and Cyclops' past that was suppressed by the Professor is revealed, her worked as Mr Sinister's pawn for years alongside his brother before coming to the X-Men. Cyclops has to fight post-hypnotic suggestion still planted within him not to attack the other X-Men. Eventually Mr Sinister's true form reveals itself, and the day is saved partially by Gambit switching teams. Him and Sabretooth have scenes questioning what they are doing throughout the movie. Hints of Essex and Sabretooth' connection to something called Weapon X are sprinkled through the movie.

Post-Credits:

Wanda vsits her brother's grave and meets her estranged father there.
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 12-16-2017 at 06:08 AM.