Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Generation X #9 Preview (real one this time)

GENERATION X #9
    Written by Christina Strain
    Art by Amilcar Pinna, Felipe Sobreiro, Clayton Cowles

• The return of Husk!
    • That’s right, Paige Guthrie is back, y’all!!

Good lord, these blue-n'-yellow suits are so effin' ugly that I'm starting to like them. Also, MERCURYYYYY

Book is getting better

Love that cover!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Book is getting better

Love that cover!
    It really is. Strain is a serious contender on the list of writers I have down for a New X-Men reunion series. Also, I wonder if Roxy and Jubes are gonna follow up on what happened in Brian Wood's Adjectiveless X-Men.

BANNED

I swear if this issue doesn't involve more than just two pages of Monet I'm dropping the book. The first arc teased M and she showed up in two panels...this was supposed to be the arc that finally dealt with Monet and GenX getting a bit tired of the tease and no results.

Jubilee and Bling! alone in tunnels dealing with M-Plate and DOA would be ideal actually. Just hope as much of the remaining issue is just that.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I swear if this issue doesn't involve more than just two pages of Monet I'm dropping the book. The first arc teased M and she showed up in two panels...this was supposed to be the arc that finally dealt with Monet and GenX getting a bit tired of the tease and no results.
    I wanna see more of M too. Her arc was cut off from UXM, and I wanna see that dealt with, and loose ends tied up. Not really interested in the others.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-17-2017 at 07:54 AM.

BANNED

Hold your horses! This arc is just getting started. There's like 3 more issues...

Have to say, I'm turned off by the fact that they're acting like heroes for saving people from destruction they caused themselves...

I'm not sure if this is the "face Monet" arc. This seems to be more of the "getting the band back together through unconventional means" arc. I think the drama is getting hyped up with the result being saved for the Legacy arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Have to say, I'm turned off by the fact that they're acting like heroes for saving people from destruction they caused themselves...
    Well, technically it was just Krakoa and Quire that did it.

I'm just wondering why Jono's so worried that Jubes will eat Roxy. I'm betting she's tough to bite through.

Also, Pinna really seems to be hitting his stride now. I know the preview is just a couple of pages, but it seems to be his best art to date. And Strain continues to be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Well, technically it was just Krakoa and Quire that did it.
    Doesn't matter. The writing kinda tries to make it look as a cute thing that Krakoa came for Quentin.

This type of destruction is why everyone thought it was a bad idea to have the school in Central Park. This type of stuff actually makes that Nance lady in GOLD sound right.

If this much destruction is caused by a friend to the XMEN, what will their enemies do?

This is the low point for this series as far as I'm concerned. Don't like Strain writing this incident as some cute thing for which the XMEN will have no consequences but instead be treated like heroes.

BANNED

Doesn't matter. The writing kinda tries to make it look as a cute thing that Krakoa came for Quentin.

This type of destruction is why everyone thought it was a bad idea to have the school in Central Park. This type of stuff actually makes that Nance lady in GOLD sound right.

If this much destruction is caused by a friend to the XMEN, what will their enemies do?

This is the low point for this series as far as I'm concerned. Don't like Strain writing this incident as some cute thing for which the XMEN will have no consequences but instead be treated like heroes.
    I agree.

I was against the school being in Central Park because too much of the MU is focused in NYC, but Gug ignores everything. Realistically the Xmen wouldn't be able to have any of their own adventures without being pulled into an MU event because of their location. They never resolved the tax issue...instead of just moving the school back and avoiding the taxes.

Some of the stuff with the new kids is good, but a lot of it is non-sense. Why even have Shogo if all Jubilee does is shove him off to someone else? Why do we need a scene of her doing that every arc?

Like Calaigah is pointing out....it's a blatant disregard for taking responsibility.

Why even have Shogo if all Jubilee does is shove him off to someone else? Why do we need a scene of her doing that every arc?
    I don't mind the babysitting, after all it's hard to get a job done or get involved in the action carrying a kid around. I just wish she'd find better child care than Nature Girl and the cast of Zootopia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

In what world was this treated as a "cute thing"? This preview shows almost nothing of the full story and last issue:

Astonishing Member

I agree on it not being portrayed as something cute, but also, stuff like this makes you think the Marvel universe bigots arent that wrong with regards to mutants being a threat. They can cause damage of billions of dollars, risking the lives of many, very casually, without even trying.