View Poll Results: Should she be forgiven?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

106 61.99%
  • No

52 30.41%
  • Unsure

13 7.60%
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    I would have said yes without question, but then she blew up those derigibles with all of those Inhumans on them so she needs to go through the gauntlet to get back to even a semblance of being a hero. And I am not even a fan of the Inhumans, but you can’t just walk away from something like that
    Ohh, more of a death count. It just keeps on going.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Before IvX the bodycount of Emma was the pony of Firestar
    And her own sister, whom she straight up murdered for endangering the GenX kids and getting Synch killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    there a lot of bad morally grey characters running around marvel. I guess in relation to ororo and emma, it seems she has attacked ororo unnecessarily throughout them knowing each other.
    This has become another very clear pattern of hers now it seems. I guess she's jealous because unlike Ororo, she has to bleach her hair to get it that light.

If Magneto and Sabretooth can be forgiving for what they have done why not Emma.
    Yeah she did a mess up thing but this also saved mutants. Like it or not she began a war to saved her kind yeah she got of the yellow road really fast but this gave mutants a chance.

Storm was just standing still and she took the school to limbo, i am sure they would have left earth if they had not fought.

Put hate for the character aside and actually think about it. Emma is not my fav person but blahhh I can forgive her for what she did in Cyke name.... don't mean I am not mad about it lol

BANNED

I voted yes.

Professor X always give chances.

When Rogue joined the Xmen, Storm at first didnt want to accept Rogue to be part of the team. But she did eventually

To me one of the fundamental themes of the x-men is hope and redemption. A number of x-men didn't start out as very principled or honest people. Some of them started out as straight up villains. The house Xavier built took those people in and gave them a chance at a better life and to be a better person.

Emma was given that chance as were many others and for a long time she did a lot of good with that opportunity. At the moment that doesn't seem to be the road she's on but I think, if she shows contrition, she deserves a second chance. Also she needs to take responsibility for what she'd done form IvX til now. If she can do that, she's worth redeeming in my books.

Nothing was ever really gained from casting people out to the wolves. At least inside the walls of the School Emma would be surrounded by people who could support her following the right path and give her purpose and that's worth it, if for no other reason than that it's better than her being a villain working against the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I believe people deserve second chances. I say she should be forgiven!
    she blew her second chance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    she blew her second chance.
    And her third and fourth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    And her third and fourth.
    Sounds like Emma still didnt get a permanent ban, lol.

BANNED

I'm surprised that after everything that has happened in the real world this past year, people can still be so forgiving of sexual assault. Something that some have argued occurred to Scott when his "therapist" took advantage of her power over him to conduce an affair for her own misbegotten needs. Not to mention the various bodily attacks on Ororo and Bobby, which could also be considered a form of the ultimate invasion, which I think is what Ororo calls it. Then again, there always was a double standard when women are the perpetrators of the crime. That's most evident today as well with every day, new stories being released on female teachers (married and unmarried) having sexual relations with their underage male students and barely being punished for it. It's the lack of any real consequences which allows female teachers to think this is all right, because of how society has placed a stigma on male rape, and why this behavior is being repeated again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    And her own sister, whom she straight up murdered for endangering the GenX kids and getting Synch killed.
    Pretty sure she murdered the cop who came investigating that, too.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Just add fuel to the big, brewing bonfire lol.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm surprised that after everything that has happened in the real world this past year, people can still be so forgiving of sexual assault. Something that some have argued occurred to Scott when his "therapist" took advantage of her power over him to conduce an affair for her own misbegotten needs. Not to mention the various bodily attacks on Ororo and Bobby, which could also be considered a form of the ultimate invasion, which I think is what Ororo calls it. Then again, there always was a double standard when women are the perpetrators of the crime. That's most evident today as well with every day, new stories being released on female teachers (married and unmarried) having sexual relations with their underage male students and barely being punished for it. It's the lack of any real consequences which allows female teachers to think this is all right, because of how society has placed a stigma on male rape, and why this behavior is being repeated again and again.
    I'm not. look at how people voted trump in office even after his admission of sexual assault.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I believe people deserve second chances. I say she should be forgiven!
    she has had more than a second chance and that is based upon her interaction with ororo alone
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No, in all fairness that cop was just mindwiped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

double standard has been a issue in lots of situations. But is not the women's fault this happens, men see women molesting young boys as nothing but switch sides and all hell brakes lose. Women and some males see molesting of any kind bad but not all of them see that when is a women the perpetrators as bad.