Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Vulcan, Danger & Cassandra Nova we’re all great characters and had great storylines. They definitely don’t need to be retconned.

I'm not exactly someone who knows much of X-Men, but I think they really should stop trying to make Cyclops worst than he really is, and make Wanda and Pietro into mutants again, and Iceman's sexuality (The guy was blatantly straight for most of his life and the arguments used to why he's gay are hilariously bad).

I feel like they could also get rid of some counterparts moving to 616, time displaced original 5, Jimmy, and now Bloodstorm? Come on, make new characters geez lol.

The editorial staff. Every last one up to Joe Q. New guy can stay because we don't know what he'll do yet, just keep Joe Q out of his hair.

We DO. NOT. NEED. editorial people like Joe Q around the Marvel offices at all because it's no secret he dislikes the X-Men. He even tweeted as much (but said it doesn't influence his decisions - yeah ok Joe)

- Phoenix actually being a manifestation/clone of Jean’s image while she was sleeping
    - Iceman is gay. Fine for a new character, dumb for one that was a member of the original crop of x-men
    - HOM
    - Jubilee being a vampire
    - Pietro and Wanda not being related to Magneto
    - the 05 being here in the present
    - Havok’s face. Seriously, with so many healers not one person can fix this?
    - Rogneto pairing in the present. AoA was fine, present was a little odd
    - the entire “new Tian” thing was so convoluted and messy
    - beast’s terrible cat look
    - beast’s terrible atrocities against mutants and the greater world
    - all of these alternate reality characters in the 616. Hudson, bloodstorm, OML go home (Rachel, Cable, and bishop can stay)
    - wolverine being an avenger. His murder list is way too long for that
    - storm as this supposed god that hasn’t exactly been proven on panel to give her a power boost but if it does, it should be retconned. Her power levels are just fine.
    - Everything that has happened in X-Men Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    - Phoenix actually being a manifestation/clone of Jean’s image while she was sleeping
    - Iceman is gay. Fine for a new character, dumb for one that was a member of the original crop of x-men
    - HOM
    - the entire “new Tian” thing was so convoluted and messy
    - all of these alternate reality characters in the 616. Hudson, bloodstorm, OML go home (Rachel, Cable, and bishop can stay)
    - wolverine being an avenger. His murder list is way too long for that
    - storm as this supposed god that hasn’t exactly been proven on panel to give her a power boost but if it does, it should be retconned. Her power levels are just fine.
    I'd like to just say I agree with most of this, except Storm. Storm is pretty damn awesome and I always wondered why Marvel held her back. Weather control is pretty much as god-like as it gets. She could destroy the earth's population in just a few weeks if she wanted to.

Nightcrawler's dad.

- Jean’s dead
    - Jean’s alive
    - Jean’s dead
    - Jean’s alive
    - Jean’s dead
    - Jean’s alive

Poor Jean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I hate retcons but I wouldn't mind if Rahne's biker-era was forgotten.

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

I would retcon Iceman so be bi so it would be a good middle ground.

I would also retcon most of the new inhumans away as never existing.

And Remove the ending of house of M.

And finally make Storm's back to how she used to be in other ways good.

The only things that really need to be retconned (and ignored rather) are the wonky origin stories like the Draco, the M-Twins thing, Nova Roma--and those things are never referenced anyway.

I feel like most other storylines need to just progress from where they are (like the depowering of Jubilee, Dani, and Wind Dancer).

Fantastic Member

Dark Beast creating the Morlocks. Luckily I don't recall this idea being referenced again after the initial mention

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The time-displaced 05
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Cyclops is Hitler, terrigen cloud, DoX, IvX and all that nonsense. There are bad storylines, and then there are storylines that are just beyond stupid. That whole thing is just stupid stuff after stupid stuff, it makes no sense, no one looks good. It should be retconned out of existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    -Danger
    -Vulcan
    -Hope Summers
    -Maximoffs not being Magneto’s kids anymore and no longer being mutants
    -Other mutants that we’re retconned into being Inhumans or something else (like Toro and Squirrel Girl)
    -Jubilee getting depowered, becoming a vampire, and adopting a baby she has no business bringing up
    -O5 coming to the present
    -Both of Beast’s secondary mutations. Take him back to how he looked in the 90s.
    -Beast turning into an all-out jerk
    -Edgelord Cyclops
    -AvX
    -Professor X’s brain in Red Skull’s body
    -Psylocke wearing a dead Asian woman’s body
    -Toad’s fire tongue (is that still around or was that just a temporary thing in the X-Men: Blue storyline?)
    -Wolfsbane being able to duplicate herself (same situation as above)
    -Avalanche’s lobotomy and death
    -Moira MacTaggert’s death
    -Madrox’s death
    -Cyclops’ death
    -Changeling’s death (call me crazy, but I’d love to see 616 Kevin Sydney return as Morph)
    -X-23 growing up and becoming the new Wolverine with a little sister- Leave her young with codename X-23.
    -Chuck Austen’s weird mythology about Nightcrawler and Angel
    -Deadpool becoming wacky with bathroom humor tier jokes
    -Scott cheating on Jean with Emma and Jean cheating on Scott with Logan
    -Storm and T’Challa’s random annulment
    -Wolverine killing his illegitimate kids
    -Hellfire beats being a thing
    -Sabretooth and Havok inverting and Havok getting his face messed up
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterO5james View Post
    The ending of house of M.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Everything about Emma in IvX and after. Restore her characterization and growth.
    Rogue and Magneto’s relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Anything after AvX but keep Eva Bell.
    actually all of AVX
    Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    To sum up, everything during the last dozen years, basically?
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The names Mindee and Irma.
    The name Prestige.
    Hope Summers.
    AvX.
    Chuck Austen.
    Some of Whedon.
    A lot of the stuff after NXM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'm not exactly someone who knows much of X-Men, but I think they really should stop trying to make Cyclops worst than he really is, and make Wanda and Pietro into mutants again, and Iceman's sexuality (The guy was blatantly straight for most of his life and the arguments used to why he's gay are hilariously bad).

I feel like they could also get rid of some counterparts moving to 616, time displaced original 5, Jimmy, and now Bloodstorm? Come on, make new characters geez lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    The editorial staff. Every last one up to Joe Q. New guy can stay because we don't know what he'll do yet, just keep Joe Q out of his hair.

We DO. NOT. NEED. editorial people like Joe Q around the Marvel offices at all because it's no secret he dislikes the X-Men. He even tweeted as much (but said it doesn't influence his decisions - yeah ok Joe)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    - HOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    - Jean’s dead
    - Jean’s alive
    - Jean’s dead
    - Jean’s alive
    - Jean’s dead
    - Jean’s alive
    ALL OF THIS

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Should’ve also added to the list that I want Banshee back. Though that should be an easy thing to do. He’s still in that chamber sort of healing him from being a Horseman if Apocalypse, right? Also left wanting Legion to return off of my list because he appears to be returning in the new year. Same with Rogue and Gambit’s relationship. Hopefully.
    while you're at it retcon Banshee's death from FoxVerse, he mighta been might favorite character..
    Cyclops was right

i would give dani and jubilee their mutant powers back and i would make wanda and pietro mutant again

i would resurrect cyclops as well

Astonishing Member

with the end of AvX, all depowered mutants should have gotten their powers back, instead of random humans becoming mutants.

many depowered mutants have their powers back, like Mesmero or Xorn, and Marvel never gave us an explanation for why some have gotten their powers back, and other's haven't

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Marvel is not going to commit PR suicide by changing a gay character's sexuality. Anyone who's still angry about Iceman can kick rocks because that's not going anywhere.