View Poll Results: X-Cited about the Return of Charles Xavier

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Im glad he's back!

29 30.21%
  • Meh, the grave suited him better.

33 34.38%
  • I'll wait and see how it goes before I decide.

34 35.42%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Wait and see.
    I'll be far more optimistic if Astonishing ends with spoilers:
    Proteus creating a new body for Xavier's consciousness and getting it out of Fantomex's body. I want nothing of Fantomex to remain. Nothing.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I'm playing a wait and see. It depends on what is done with him. I too hope he gets his old look back somehow. Adios to Fantomex, he wasn't one of my favorite characters.

Question for those who want Charles body back.....

Why? He was an old disabled man. Nothing wrong with being disabled or old but we have seen him like that before . We have seen him use his oldness and disability as a strength. We have never seen X in his prime. We have never seen him as a physically active member of the team.

Honest question....what are the reason why you want Charles Xavier's body back?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Honest question....what are the reason why you want Charles Xavier's body back?
    I don't want :-)
    Even if I am a huge fan of the Morrison run, I don't care about Fantomex. Charles can keep his body forever, I wouldn't mind.

Yes, I'm glad Xavier is back. I think Marvel tried too hard for too long to reshape, shake up, and revamp the X-men without Charles Xavier. They did so much to deconstruct his character and undermine everything that had made him great that bringing him back was somewhat necessary. He's still the vision behind the X-men. He's still the one who embodies the dream. The X-men just aren't the same without him and I hope his return also means a return of his credibility, which everyone seems to try to undermine with secrets, lies, and what not.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yes, I'm glad Xavier is back. I think Marvel tried too hard for too long to reshape, shake up, and revamp the X-men without Charles Xavier. They did so much to deconstruct his character and undermine everything that had made him great that bringing him back was somewhat necessary. He's still the vision behind the X-men. He's still the one who embodies the dream. The X-men just aren't the same without him and I hope his return also means a return of his credibility, which everyone seems to try to undermine with secrets, lies, and what not.
    Basically, by killing him, they wanted it to be like an Uncle Ben situation... but they'd done so much damage prior to AvX that it didn't really hold. Hopefully bringing him back in what I think is a pretty cool way, will do everyone some good.

BANNED

I wonder if we shall have a life and times of charles Xavier issue in AXM story arc where he reminiscences about his life, requiem for Fantomex, then a series Professor FX right in your head series spinning out of this arc

It's very depressing seeing all the hate against Xavier in this thread.
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 12-31-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    It's very depressing seeing all the hate against Xavier in this thread. Ugh.
    Agreed. Xavier has admittedly done some pretty sketchy things in his time, but other characters have done far worse and don’t get this kind of negativity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Agreed. Xavier has admittedly done some pretty sketchy things in his time, but other characters have done far worse and don’t get this kind of negativity.
    Thanks, and you know? I truly don't think Xavier wasn't created with the intent of him being cast in such a bad light the past 15 or 20 years. I feel like someone in editorial just flat out didn't like him.

Astonishing Member

I see more hate for Fantomex here to be honest.

The issue about Xavier is he has been gone many times for long periods without his abscence being felt. when he died in the 60s (but it was actually Changeling), all the time he spent in space with Lilandra in the 80s, when he was depowered.
    People don't want to see adult x-men take orders from him, they aren't kids anymore

I think part of that might be that when most others do bad things it comes across with mitigating circumstances, mindwhammy, possession, no good choices available, ect., but Charles often does his things without that. I prefer him stumbling from time to time, but not being on the ground because he likes it there.

Thats the best part about the body swap though. This will be the first time that we possibly see X on the same playing field as everyone else. He’s technically the same age as everyone on the team. As many have said before most of the members are use to not having him around, they are fully capable of functioning without him now.

This gives Charles an excellent chance to just be solider like the rest of them. Im sure eventually he will rise to command if the body swap takes a strong hold with fans and writers. But until then X can be effective and valuable member of any of the field teams. All of his former students now have the chance to see that he wasn’t just a guy behind a desk giving orders but a person who could and is capable of getting down in the trenches with them. If handled correctly this will be the perfect chance of several characters gaining a new found respect for Charles. Which will be another aspect we haven’t seen yet for the character.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 12-31-2017 at 12:43 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Thanks, and you know? I truly don't think Xavier wasn't created with the intent of him being cast in such a bad light the past 15 or 20 years. I feel like someone in editorial just flat out didn't like him.
    The problems is his very conception. The idea of Xavier bringing five, very vulnerable kids to be a sort of paramilitaristic force to help fight off mutant revolutionaries only so their oppressors think they're the "good ones" is not a very good first impression.

And even with that, he leaves his students at the drop of a dime. Surge spells it out better than me:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    to answer the question, no. Xavier outlived his role, especially when his students took up the mantle and succeeded him from Jean to Cyclops to Storm and Kitty. He doesnt bring much to the table from a narrative standpoint and I think he should remain dead

No it wasnt. Scott LOST control of the X-menwith that move. He was ostracized, demonized and shunned by most X-men and heroes. He had no other choice but to build a new team around his other shunned P5 members, Magik, Emma with Magneto and new students. None of the "real" X-men recognized him and he was a fugitive in hiding. Exactly how did killing Xavier work in his favor to put him in charge of the X-men? He was undisputed leader following M-Day and lost that title with AvX's conclusion
    What about Schism?
    Many X-men left him then.