Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Let's make a list of dead and depowered (or presumed to be depowered) mutants

Let's make a list of dead and depowered (or presumed to be depowered) mutants (I am considering both Logan and Xavier as Fantomex-Xavier as living characters)

A few rules

-We must know their names
    -They must have appeared at least in 4 issues
    -Only earth 616 resident characters

First 2 big groups of dead characters

-The original Hellions except Empath, Warpath and Firestar (those 3 are alive).
    That would be Catseye, Roulette, Bevatron, Beef, Jetstream, they were all killed by Trevor Fitzroy. Tarot appeared alive last year in Spiderman/Deadpool 11 but I am not sure it's canon. She was acting very out of character, as a D list Spiderman Villain (think someone like Panda Mania), a Cards based thief, and the issue was written by Penn from Penn & Teller.

-The members of Milligan's X-Force and X-Statix except Doop, and perhaps Dead Girl, who had a mini with Dr Strange after X-Statix in which she resurrected (but I am not sure it's canon).
    That would be U Go Girl, the Iconoclast, The Orphan, Vivisector, Phat, and many many others (all of whom died in action).

now normal list

Adrienne Frost (shot by Emma)
    Alchemy (Terrigen mist poisoning while trying to destroy one of the terrigen mist clouds)
    Avalanche (lobotomized by the Red Skull, had to be put down)
    Changeling (killed by Grotesk while impersonating Xavier)
    Christopher Bradley-Maverick (explosion)
    Cyclops (Killed by Terrigen Mist poisoning caused by Black Bolt and Maximus)
    Destiny (by Legion under the influence of the Shadow King)
    Diamond Lil (Killed by Mortis)
    Feral (killed by Sabretooth)
    Garrison Kane (heroic suicide to save team from a brainwashed Madison Jeffries)
    Harry Leland (killed of heart attack while fighting Nimrod)
    Icarus (killed by Stryker, perhaps Nimrod too)
    Jesse Bedlam (crucified by Church of Humanity)
    Kwannon (legacy virus)
    Lionel Jeffries (killed by Madison Jeffries)
    Mastermind (legacy virus)
    Madrox the Multiple Man (Killed by Terrigen Mist poisoning caused by Black Bolt and Maximus)
    Maggot (killed by Sinister in the Weapon X Neverland concentration camp)
    Moira McTaggert (Killed by Mystique)
    Pyro (Legacy virus)
    Risque (Sublime's U-Men)
    Shard (heroic suicide to help Bishop kill Fitzroy)
    Shinobi Shaw (killed by Sebastian off panel)
    Skin (Crucified by Church of Humanity)
    Sunpyre (Killed by Mystique)
    Synch (killed by Adrienne Frost)
    Tier (killed by Strong Guy)
    Thunderbird (plane crash while trying to kill Count Nefaria)
    Vulcan (killed by Black Bolt, like Scott)
    Washout (an X-Statix original character that had over 10 appearances in Tieri's Weapon X, killed from the enhancements Wepon X performed on him)
    Wild Child (killed by Omega Red)

Depowered

Abyss-Nils Styger (Nightcrawler's half brother, son of Azazel, and a horseman in 1995 AoA)
    Adrian and Jared Corbo, Alpha flight members, probably the sons of Unus the Untouchable and brothers of Unuscione
    Aero, a Guthrie like Cannonball and Husk and Icarus
    Angel Dust, iirc, the super strong woman of the Deadpool film was her
    Angel from Morrison X-Men
    Artie
    Beak, also, all their kids except the one they called Tito
    Dani Moonstar
    Fatale
    Freakshow
    Harpoon, a marauder
    Jubilee
    King Bedlam, brother of Jesse
    Kiwi Black, half brother of Nightcrawler like Abyss, son of Azazel
    Maverick-Christoph Nord
    Phantasia (she had to receive mental treatment because she still had memories of the House of M reality)
    Prodigy
    Reaper
    Scanner, an Acolyte
    Shola Inkose
    Slipstream, brother of lifeguard
    Wicked
    Wind Dancer-Sofia Mantega
    Windshear from Alpha Flight

Presumed to be depowered

Cordelia Frost (we never even knew what her mutant power was)
    Dr Knapp-Manikin of Alpha Flight, he hasnt appeared in comics since 1994 when Alpha Flight disbanded
    Goblyn from Alpha Flight and her sister Laura Dean
    Shortpack
    The St Croix twins who were Monet most of Gen X (havent been seen since the 90s)

I have come to realize the Monets may have been inspired by Goblyn from Alpha Flight. 2 black female twins, who fused as one being, were considered to be only one being for a long time, one autistic, and the autistic one could open interdimensional portals. Goblyn wasnt that different from Penance in powerset and behaviour.
    And Lobdell who wrote Gen X later knew that because he an Alpha Flight writer before.

please add any you remember and mention which ones you'd like to see resurrected or repowered

edit: Copycat is alive, she appears in the issue in which Deadpool marries his underworld monster wife he eventually divorced, Copycat still has her powers and works in a chimichanga food trick.

Diamond Lil was killed by Mortis, not Slene
    Last edited by lurkerforyears; 01-01-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: I remembered some more depowered mutants

When was the last time we saw Eye-Scream? I think it was only the onetime back in the early 80s. A mutant who's jealous of the X-men because they have "cool" powers is something they really could have got more mileage out of, especially since he had the ability to turn into any flavor of Ice-cream he could think of.

Just the fact that there's a mutant that can turn into ice-cream should have gotten him a minor supporting character role at least.

IIRC not ALL of Maggot died.... apparently one of his, um, maggots survived somehow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    IIRC not ALL of Maggot died.... apparently one of his, um, maggots survived somehow.
    one of the maggots was seen floating in something like a room size fishbowl, but I took that as a proof of Maggot being dead.

Orphan is definitely gone for good, as Marvel let the trademark on that name lapse and DC are now using it for former Batgirl Cassandra Cain.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Orphan is definitely gone for good, as Marvel let the trademark on that name lapse and DC are now using it for former Batgirl Cassandra Cain.
    he had other names, that he used even more, I wrote Orphan because I don't remember if it was Sensitive Man or Mr Sensitive and was too lazy to google.
    using X-Statix characters again would be almost like what DC is doing now wit Watchmen (but without the "sacrilege" from violating a classic thing that I think is overblown)

Would it be better to have the “depowered” list broken out into “depowered” and “alternately powered”?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Would it be better to have the “depowered” list broken out into “depowered” and “alternately powered”?
    some characters got their powers back without an explanation like Stacy X or Mesmero, and some characters showed up for the first time since the 90s without seemingly ever having lost their powers, like Mondo or Emma Steeds (this one is most known for the AoA version Damask, she appeared last year in Mockingbird)
    I don't include these kinds of characters. This is only for dead characters, still depowered characters, and characters in limbo who are presumed to have been depowered in M Day.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    he had other names, that he used even more, I wrote Orphan because I don't remember if it was Sensitive Man or Mr Sensitive and was too lazy to google.
    using X-Statix characters again would be almost like what DC is doing now wit Watchmen (but without the "sacrilege" from violating a classic thing that I think is overblown)
    Yeah he went by Mr. Sensitive.

Various wikis list Slipstream as depowered, but I'm not sure which book it would've been confirmed in.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    some characters got their powers back without an explanation like Stacy X or Mesmero, and some characters showed up for the first time since the 90s without seemingly ever having lost their powers, like Mondo or Emma Steeds (this one is most known for the AoA version Damask, she appeared last year in Mockingbird)
    I don't include these kinds of characters. This is only for dead characters, still depowered characters, and characters in limbo who are presumed to have been depowered in M Day.
    Jubilee and Dani Moonstar both don't belong on the list then. They lost their original powers, but Jubes is now a vampire and Dani is a Valkyrie.

Astonishing Member

Jubilee and Dani Moonstar both don't belong on the list then. They lost their original powers, but Jubes is now a vampire and Dani is a Valkyrie.
    they aren't mutants anymore. I think they will get their powers back soon anyway.

Right after House of M, Wizard Magazine printed a list of depowered mutants. I believe Slipstream was on that list, but that list was inaccurate and, ultimately, unreliable.

Marvel never held a trademark for Orphan. Trademarks only apply to title characters/teams. Also, just because a company has a character by one name, it doesn't mean another company can't also have a character by that name (e.g. both Marvel and DC have characters named Oracle, Tiger Shark, Cat-Man, etc.). They just have to be notably different, and not a major character.

Kevin Sydney aka Morph/Changeling?

EDIT: oops, totally missed that on the list nevermind!