View Poll Results: What's your favorite X-Men animated series?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men (TAS)

139 55.82%
  • X-Men: Evolution

90 36.14%
  • Wolverine and the X-Men

45 18.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Then perhaps the best route would be to create a completely unique new character for POV use (male or female, it doesn’t matter), and move the other 3 characters to the regular cast.

Also, I really don’t see those 3 as being similar - they are very different characters. Kitty is the bookish and responsible one, Jubilee is the wild child who bucks the “Asian student” stereotype, and Laura is the dark and brooding loner with the mysterious past. I think they compliment each other very nicely.
    Your fan-goggles are blinding you. There is a reason they are all variations of the Wolverine sidekick model.

Kitty had her wild child phases too. Jubilee was quite the accomplished student and gymnast in her previous life. X23 is both proficient and wild, at the same time.

Also, remember, Young Justice was cancelled because network execs thought too many girls were watching. Like it or not, you have to balance genders a bit better. Rictor as a macho Latino is appealing to that cookie cutter mold, and later revealing him to be gay is a great SJW/modern twist on the stereotype(and a bait and switch for execs!).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-09-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nah. Young Justice (and Green Lantern) got cancelled because of that weird toy sales embargo they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nah. Young Justice (and Green Lantern) got cancelled because of that weird toy sales embargo they had.
    A toy embargo that also had to do with the [gender] demographics....

https://io9.gizmodo.com/paul-dini-su...y-f-1483758317

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Your fan-goggles are blinding you. There is a reason they are all variations of the Wolverine sidekick model.
    Well, to be fair I haven’t cleaned those in a while. But I prefer to look at them from the perspective of their own unique characters, not from their connection to a guy who, tbh, needed them more than they needed him.

Kitty had her wild child phases too. Jubilee was quite the accomplished student and gymnast in her previous life. X23 is both proficient and wild, at the same time.
    All true. However, I was speaking on balance. On balance, Kitty is the serious, studious one, Jubes is the unpredictable “tornado”, and Laura is the scary dangerous one who needs to hug it out. (I just really love these characters and would like to see them interact more.)

Also, remember, Young Justice was cancelled because network execs thought too many girls were watching. Like it or not, you have to balance genders a bit better. Rictor as a macho Latino is appealing to that cookie cutter mold, and later revealing him to be gay is a great SJW/modern twist on the stereotype(and a bait and switch for execs!).
    The idea of hormonal teenage boys not wanting to watch cute female characters aside, I have absolutely no problem with Rictor as a POV character (as long as those other 3 can join the ranks of the regular cast). I like Rictor. And I do love the idea of a bait-and-switch on a bunch of stuffed suits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Well, to be fair I haven’t cleaned those in a while. But I prefer to look at them from the perspective of their own unique characters, not from their connection to a guy who, tbh, needed them more than they needed him.
    Wow. Bold statement. I'm just going to walk away from that one...

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Also characters should be allowed to punch in the face. Hated that about TAs
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Also characters should be allowed to punch in the face. Hated that about TAs
    You seem to be really fixated on displays of violence.

I need guns with bullets! I need to see people punched in the face!

Calm down, bro!

Wow. Bold statement. I'm just going to walk away from that one...
    Well, yeah, probably. In retrospect I probably should have said “needed them as much as they needed him”.

Calm down, bro!

He BURNS with unspecified rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Well, yeah, probably. In retrospect I probably should have said “needed them as much as they needed him”.

He BURNS with unspecified rage.
    I can appreciate when someone can step back and take a look from afar. Well done.

Our ChildOfTheAtom is a complex character.

Calm down, bro!

I like X-MEN for the action and fighting others like the deeper message or racial stuff. But I got into it for the fighting and children of the Atom fighting game.

It just takes me out of the show a lil bit I've been rewatching this week. Even Eric Lewald points it out as a flaw in the book.

The laser blasts and saying destroy over and over. Also how most fights end up in a grabbing match because they can't actually punch (it's ridiculous anytime Wolverine & Sabretooth fight each other) BS&P notes on this show are insane with what they told them they can't do. It shows alot in the episodes
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-09-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

It just takes me out of the show a lil bit I've been rewatching this week. Even Eric Lewald points it out as a flaw in the book.

The laser blasts and saying destroy over and over. Also how most fights end up in a grabbing match because they can't actually punch. BS&P notes on this show are insane with what they told them they can't do. It shows alot in the episodes
    It's definitely a thing, but an understandable thing for a children's cartoon from over 25 years ago.

It's definitely a thing, but an understandable thing for a children's cartoon from over 25 years ago.
    I just don't understand why Batman got away with so much more on the same channel. Spider-Man & X-MEN couldn't do half the stuff they did

I just don't understand why Batman got away with so much more on the same channel. Spider-Man & X-MEN couldn't do half the stuff they did
    Remember, Batman TAS was a direct spinoff of the Tim Burton Batman films, which had a more mature angle, and greater support from a real studio(WB), whereas the Marvel properties were still untested(X-Men especially) and aimed more squarely at little children.

Twink from Young Avengers Assgardian's Avatar

I grew up watching Evolution religiously, and I caught TAS reruns late at night. That said, I think Wolverine and the X-Men is the best one. It adapted so many awesome storylines in such a short time, and it connected them all so well. I also loved the animation, and the voice cast was stellar. Kari Wahlgren IS Emma Frost, for example; she's perfect. It's a shame the second season fell through because of lack of funding. TAS hasn't aged well, IMO. I tried to watch it from the beginning recently, and it didn't hold my interest. Evolution is a super fun re-imagining, but WatXM really feels like the X-Men to me.
    WICCANFROSTPRYDEWOLVERINEICEMANHELLIONGWENHAWKEYEMSMARVEL
    "Disappointed, Ms. Frost?" "Astonished, Ms. Pryde."
    #MutantAndProud #EmmaWasRight

Incredible Member

Honestly I would have ti say either X-Men Evolution or Wolverine and the X-Men.

X-Men TAS felt like it did a decent job as adapting the storylines, but at the same time it feels slightly hollow and dated on some level. It had good moments, but overall some of plot points don't hold up as well in my eyes. That being said, while some episodes don't hold up, others necessarily doesn't as well.

But X-Men Evolution is part of the reason I became a huge fan of the X-Men universe to be honest. It did a good job in recreating and modernizing the characters and rebuilding the universe from the ground up. I liked how you get to see the team to grow and change as a team. I also like how it build up the revelation of mutants and the creation of the hysteria, plus a more personal look from how people who knew the mutants personally suddenly treating them like outcasts. While the costumes did need work, overall the designs held up pretty well all things considered. The voice acting was pretty well done all in all.

Wolverine and the X-Men, is another good modernization and adaption of classic comic arcs. The bringing the band back together arc was brilliant, while I didn't agree with the idea of Wolverine being the team leader, I enjoyed how the team really came together and each episode really played into each other.

That being said, I personally thing Evolution is the best, followed by Wolverine and the X-Men and X-Men TAS