View Poll Results: What's your favorite X-Men animated series?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men (TAS)

139 55.82%
  • X-Men: Evolution

90 36.14%
  • Wolverine and the X-Men

45 18.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    I wonder how many folks who came into the fandom in the 70's or 80's feel about TAS how the TAS fans feel about the later productions.
    If you are a 70's/80's comics fan, you are a Claremont fan, and while there were some significant differences, a lot of the Claremont run is well represented, sometimes very closely(Phoenix and Dark Phoenix sagas, for example) in TAS.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I wonder how many folks who came into the fandom in the 70's or 80's feel about TAS how the TAS fans feel about the later productions.

Probably they were like comic book guy. "Rogue, Gambit, & Jubilee in Phoenix & Dark Phoenix Saga?"

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

It's what X-fans should do.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If you are a 70's/80's comics fan, you are a Claremont fan, and while there were some significant differences, a lot of the Claremont run is well represented, sometimes very closely(Phoenix and Dark Phoenix sagas, for example) in TAS.
    I don't know if I agree... especially with the cast changes, be they minimized or missing characters (Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat) or ones that didn't come across that well (Storm, Cyclops, Jean). I know for me, while I enjoyed several episodes, when they got closer to the source material is when it just felt like it paled compared to the source material,

I don't know if I agree... especially with the cast changes, be they minimized or missing characters (Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat) or ones that didn't come across that well (Storm, Cyclops, Jean). I know for me, while I enjoyed several episodes, when they got closer to the source material is when it just felt like it paled compared to the source material,
    I agree that the original Claremont comics are still the best(except for Apocalypse and Beast, I think the cartoon actually does them better). But to compare them to TAS or Evo or WatXM, it's clear which one did more right than wrong.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

XTAS is the best is story adapting and scope.

I always loved the redesigns in WATXM and thought the show had potential

EVO never appealed to me....I didn't like that Storm and Logan were teachers while Scott and Jean were teenagers....no way Jose. And the uniforms were boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    XTAS is the best is story adapting and scope.

I always loved the redesigns in WATXM and thought the show had potential

EVO never appealed to me....I didn't like that Storm and Logan were teachers while Scott and Jean were teenagers....no way Jose. And the uniforms were boring to me.
    I mostly agree.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Probably they were like comic book guy. "Rogue, Gambit, & Jubilee in Phoenix & Dark Phoenix Saga?"

I believe some definitely were. I remember going on the Marvel.com message boards in the late '90s during the days of dial-up and that was certainly the attitude among some of them.

BANNED

... it's clear which one did more right than wrong.
    If there is such a thing, in general, I mean.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-08-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Fantastic Member

I agree that the original Claremont comics are still the best(except for Apocalypse and Beast, I think the cartoon actually does them better). But to compare them to TAS or Evo or WatXM, it's clear which one did more right than wrong.
    we can absolutely agree to disagree (tho' I definitely do agree on the TAS version of Beast). I suppose my point is that Claremont made his stories about the people, and the story beats that resonated with me resonated because of the people and the personalities involved. For some of us, you couldn't just plug and play Rogue and Jubilee and Gambit into those roles.

Evolution worked for me because it was a reinterpretation. It was an AU that didn't try to be the comics. It made the Scott-Jean thing work for me far better than Stan ever did back in the day. It had a Nightcrawler that could be charming and goofy and loving. It had missteps, of course, and rough edges, but it wasn't afraid to be its own thing, and I respected that.

BANNED

... especially with the cast changes, be they minimized or missing characters (Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat...
    Those guest-starring eps were the ones I liked most, and watched WAY more repeatedly, than many of the others. Kurt's, Warren's, & Bobby's "Cold Comfort" were some of the best in every way, including the sometimes spotty animation. Pete kinda got skunked tho, even if I liked the Darkstar one. And poor Kitty was a complete no-show, which was practically criminal. Psylocke didn't get to do much either, and I MUCH preferred W&tXM's interpretation of her personally, even if it was scant as well.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Same thing with me. Didn't like the first season too much but it got some teeth later...

Now, kiddies, if for whatever reson your order is not XTAS, XEVO, WatX; then your too young and stupid to be allowed to vote. Yeah, I said it. You should have been born sooner. I hate you.
    LOL! I feel like this so much.

I probably should revisit Evo someday.

BANNED

Re. Colossus, I actually take that back. The Juggs ep WAS really good, as that might've been the first time, everybody got to do a lil' somethin'... all together:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    ... I didn't like that Storm and Logan were teachers...
    I can understand that. And while it did seem like an odd creative choice, Lo' & 'Ro do fall into the patriarchal/matriarchal roles by default in some ways, just based off who they are as characters & their histories. Still would've preferred Ororo especially, as one of the students, tho. But I did really enjoy this focus ep on her:

I think enough time has passed for us to get a new X-men animated series (especially now that Disney has the reigns). But it has to be done the right way:

- Take the original cast from XTAS, add in a few from Evolution (especially Nightcrawler, Kitty, X-23 and Colossus). And add Iceman and Angel and Betsy. THIS is your principal cast of regulars. Should be plenty to work with.
    - Guest spots and cameos from other popular characters from time to time
    - Mags as the primary villain, but make sure the villain(s) you use is/are appropriate to the story/situation. And for god sake work Deathbird in there somewhere!
    - AU setting in order to allow for unique stories. Freedom’s a wonderful thing.
    - Since it’s an AU setting and you have three POV characters (Jubes, Kitty and Laura), you should have lots to work with. Have the series open with the three of them first showing up at the school on the same day and making friends because “gross” and “weird” and “Beast” or something like that.
    - Upgrade the animation. New and improved series, new and improved art.
    - Please remind the animators that Jubilee is ASIAN. She was drawn as Caucasian for the entire run of XTAS, and on those pitifully few occasions where she showed up in Evolution I’m 90% sure she was Hispanic.
    - If you want to include Banshee in a guest spot, DO NOT let Jeremy Ratchford anywhere near a microphone. Seriously, what the HELL was that??
    - Wolverine has a strict limit of one “bub” per episode.
    - Write your episodes to aim at a slightly older demographic, air it a bit later. Cartoons do this all the time.
    - In episodes where Emma (mandatory) or the other Hellfire Club members (optional) show up, try to keep the alcohol consumption scenes to a minimum. It’s still a cartoon. And maybe Ems should cover up a bit.
    - Promote the hell out of it.
    - Sit back and count your cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.