Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Also, is it just me or does the red and black costume really work with OML?
    Yeah, I dig it. Think I'd prefer to see him in the armored one he wore just before he died, though. The black and gold number, but without the mask. That would be a cool look for OML. At least in my view.

And he did get a nice moment to be a badass in this issue. Other than that, it was pretty bland and unremarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    if you are talking about the art it's nice but good art isn't enough to redeem subpar storytelling. The "god" didn't seem like a god but more like Godzilla, the fighting and pacing was rushed, and as always the team of seasoned xmen members can't seem to figure it do anything unless kitty is there to guide them. However if you enjoyed the issue that great but I think many of us are ready for this book and this team to be dissolved.
    I don't have a problem with Kitty leading, what I have a problem with is other characters being dumbed down to prop her up and a team book focusing on the development of a single character. It was horrible when they did it with Cyclops and it's horrible now.

Man this book is bloody awful

I think Marc Guggenheim is amazing. He has a book with 4 of my all time favorite characters, (Storm, Colossus, Logan and Nightcrawler) and somehow he's made X-Men Gold utter garbage. It takes skills to be that bad.

I haven't purchase an issue of Gold in months. I typically purchase my comics via my iPad, but Guggs has me going to going back to the store just to discuss the book with the shop owner. We both lament the state of the this completely forgettable series.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I don't have a problem with Kitty leading, what I have a problem with is other characters being dumbed down to prop her up and a team book focusing on the development of a single character. It was horrible when they did it with Cyclops and it's horrible now.
    I agree. I don't mind her leading either but this is just not the right team. she should have a led a younger group of mutants because of the point you made.
    they unfortunately have to be dumbed down for her leadership yo work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I think Marc Guggenheim is amazing. He has a book with 4 of my all time favorite characters, (Storm, Colossus, Logan and Nightcrawler) and somehow he's made X-Men Gold utter garbage. It takes skills to be that bad.

I haven't purchase an issue of Gold in months. I typically purchase my comics via my iPad, but Guggs has me going to going back to the store just to discuss the book with the shop owner. We both lament the state of the this completely forgettable series.
    spot on!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

Yeah, I dropped it at #3, picked it back up during Secret Empire because he promised Dust, but at that point the book was so bad I could even buy the book with my fav characters in it. Funny since I also dropped Blue after Secret Empire (but planning to pick it back up when the new roster hits).

BANNED

Guggs irreparably ruined my fav character in less than 19 issues. Even Aaron's dumb run didn't succeed at that, because at least he didn't make Kitty toxic to the X-men fanbase as a whole.

I see Kitty and her Uncanny Friends continues...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Guggs irreparably ruined my fav character in less than 19 issues. Even Aaron's dumb run didn't succeed at that, because at least he didn't make Kitty toxic to the X-men fanbase as a whole.
    I don’t think the situation is irreparable - the real X-men fan base understands that the issue (as is always the case) is with the writer, not the characters. Eventually editorial will get her away from Guggenheim and into the hands of a writer who understands the character well enough to write her properly. Once that happens I’m sure she’ll pull back on the joystick pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Though not directly tied into this issue, I am confused on the upcoming solits about their most tragic loss yet and losing a team member. We know Nightcrawler will be in XM: Red but on a future cover all six team members are there (though that could be a red herring). All I can think of is this sounds like a bunch of noise and hype to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I don’t think the situation is irreparable - the real X-men fan base understands that the issue (as is always the case) is with the writer, not the characters. Eventually editorial will get her away from Guggenheim and into the hands of a writer who understands the character well enough to write her properly. Once that happens I’m sure she’ll pull back on the joystick pretty quick.
    True but it seems anyone writing her next will have to dispose of her marriage and separate her metal waste for recycling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Though not directly tied into this issue, I am confused on the upcoming solits about their most tragic loss yet and losing a team member. We know Nightcrawler will be in XM: Red but on a future cover all six team members are there (though that could be a red herring). All I can think of is this sounds like a bunch of noise and hype to nothing.
    The circumstances of a team member leaving can be bad or traumatic but not fatal. 'Tragic' may simply have been the usual solicit hyperbole but a tragedy doesn't necessarily have to equal a death. Hell, maybe Guggs kills Ink. That might be tragic for Guggs since he invented Ink.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Askanipsion View Post
    was Rachel in it at all?
    She's in a coma still and not on the planet.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    She's in a coma still and not on the planet.
    So how are they gonna wake her up?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Logan would make sense since the younger Wolverine is back, only, he's in three other books!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So how are they gonna wake her up?
    Part of me hopes there’s a scene in PR where Cable shakes her awake saying “OMG RACHE GET UP MOM’S HOME!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.