51 62.20%
  • No I don't like all the new Mutant Characters

31 37.80%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    New X-Men and Academy were garbage. ]
    Different strokes for different folks I guess. Some like it better than nm or genx

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Because Emma doesn't generate revenue for Marvel like Logan does.
    I guess.... But they have their fans myself included

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I think it was a bad idea. There is just way to many X-Men/Students to keep up with to keep up with.
    That's kinda the fun part for me
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Singer's intention don't really matter to me honestly.
    Except, as you say in this very OP, the big school with the X-Men as teachers came from his X1. So it's completely relevant to the topic at hand.

Prodigy was the best part of New X-Men/Academy, but he is a poor substitute for Everett, and is no where to be found at the moment... did the Avengers take him, where is he? Didn't he lose his powers too?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

And they don't have to use a gun like Bishop.
    We did? Where are they now?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Except, as you say in this very OP, the big school with the X-Men as teachers came from his X1. So it's completely relevant to the topic at hand.

In op I said X1. Singer didn't write the script maybe it wasn't his idea X1 had alot of ppl involved the script so who knows.

We all know Singer has problems with young boys allegedly no need to derail the thread about it though
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    We did? Where are they now?
    I'm just glad Prodigy Tri-age and Gentle got created. Triage was in Uncanny X-MEN I enjoyed his appearance and Gentle will be in X-Men red
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-07-2018 at 11:16 AM.

BANNED

It aged the adult X-Men, who were no longer known as Xavier's students. Other kids fulfilled those roles. I think it was a good idea. I love the Cuckoos, Quentin, Angel, Martha, Ernst, and I love kids that joined the Academy later. I like seeing Jubilee as a grown up mentor to younger kids.

Singer's intention don't really matter to me honestly. I just like we got more black male x characters. And they don't have to use a gun like Bishop.
    Guns or no guns Bishop was/is a great character. Hey, back in the day(the 90s) Bishop was probably the most popular black male character in comics outside of Spawn(he wore a mask though). As far black characters at Marvel, only Storm eclipsed him. He had a good design(mullet notwithstanding), a catch phrase, a personality that flipped from stoic to berserk, and he was actually allowed to have facial hair. Seriously, before Bishop pretty much all black characters in comics were rockin' that baby face/clean shave look with the generic Kwame hair from Captain Planet... Bishop was a trend setter.

It was a mixed bag. The X-Men were due for a modernizing and I liked that Morrison opened up the concept to where being a mutant at Xavier's didn't automatically mean you were destined to become an X-Man. It also opened up discussion for the mutant situation that was not solely on either side of the Xavier-Magneto binary, for no matter how right or wrong the early advocates for civil rights are, the concepts always evolve and it rarely stays a "this or that" concept.

But, where Morrison actually used the key students he created, opening things up paved the way for later writers to make new mutants willy-nilly. In Wolverine and the X-Men it felt like a lot of new characters were created as one-note sight gags and it took later writers to do much of anything with them if they were lucky.

The other problem is it paved the way for making a bunch of characters that were inherently disposable.

This image pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Guns or no guns Bishop was/is a great character.
    I have no problem with Bishop I like him alot he's my #6 in my X-MEN top ten. It's just he was the only black male for a while and i don't like he used a gun all the time. Jmo

That's the reason he got passed over for xmen evo for that spyke character.

I have no problem with Bishop I like him alot he's my #6 in my X-MEN top ten. It's just he was the only black male for a while and i don't like he used a gun all the time. Jmo

That's the reason he got passed over for xmen evo for that spyke character.
    Which is kinda hilarious as they went from the "all black men use guns" type to the "all black teenagers skateboard" type that was also in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Which is kinda hilarious as they went from the "all black men use guns" type to the "all black teenagers skateboard" type that was also in at the time.
    I just wish they used Bishop and just took away his gun. His Mutant power is cool

I heard the show producer say this on jay and miles podcast for a interview. I guess testing showed X-Men had huge black following but he didn't wanna use Bishop because of the gun. Which upset me because spyke was horrible character

Do you like Xavier's pre 2000 or post basically. The school changed drastically.

Some think it should've stayed as a mansion with less than 20 ppl in it. Others like it expanded.
    You shouldn't make conflicting thread titles and poll titles. When the title is "Was making Xavier Institute a bigger school a bad idea?" and the poll has "Yes, I like all the new mutant characters", things are a bit confusing. Most people will think the answers are relative to the thread's question instead of being worded on the opposite way.

He didn't need a gun. I couldn't believe in the movies they made him actually plug into his gun(and blew him up). Thanks Murdoch.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You shouldn't make conflicting thread titles and poll titles.
    Idk I thought it was the same maybe a mod can change it didn't mean to confuse.

I'm going to get a pizza. Can't wait to see the poll results later

This isn’t really a binary question. There should be a third option for “I like some but not all”. That’s where I am, so I didn’t vote.

I’m a fan of Laura, Roxy and Cessily, and Pixie has grown on me. Rockslide’s ok. Jury’s out on Gabby, but she seems ok. Completely ambivalent toward the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.