Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Yet we have TWO FUCKING PAGES FOR AN AIRPLANE JOKE.
    Well, there’s......certainly a whole lot going on in this image. That’s the most Emma-looking flight attendant I’ve ever seen. And why is John Travolta flying coach? Shouldn’t he be in the cockpit?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Is that Warlock on the plane?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is that Warlock on the plane?
    Evidently, yeah.

And that's Leech in front of Warlock.

Incredible Member

Is that vinnie Vargas from pulp fiction at across from kitty???

As mentioned in the issue, Kitty was 14 when she had that old costume. She realistically wouldnt likely fit in it anyway
    Spandex. It ‘spands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

He still was the one that wrote her resurrection but didnt do that

Yes. When Claremont was finally permitted to resurrect her again I believe the reason that her British body was refused was the logic that Betsy appeared as an Asian Ninja in so much Marvel marketing material that it would be counterpetition to the brand to allow that to happen. And tbh, even 10 years ago that was still the case. But as Marvel have further and further pushed the X-Men out of more general marketing material I don't see why it should be so big a deal, right now.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by SamGuthrie1977 View Post
    - Where is Brian's sister, Betsy? A single line explaining her absence would've went a long way. But whatever, right? It doesn't matter. Nothing matters.

It's hardly the first time, and it probably won't be the last. At this point I can't shake the feeling that Brian and Betsy's estrangement is all but editorially mandated now.

I know that the point of this issue was very much a nostalgia moment for Excalibur and its original line-up, but the logic that Betsy wouldn't go with them is iffy at best.

But this is the same publisher who failed to use Brian and Besty during A vs X. Two twins - one an active X-Men the other an active Avenger at the time. A perfect example of the very scenario the event was created to highlight.

But they never met. Not at any point during the event.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    But this is the same publisher who failed to use Brian and Besty during A vs X. Two twins - one an active X-Men the other an active Avenger at the time. A perfect example of the very scenario the event was created to highlight.

Yeah, AvX would've been a great opportunity to get them together, under interesting circumstances, no less.

I'm convinced that Marvel editorial is no longer concerned with any of the responsibilities that they traditionally bore. Things like continuity, canon, clarity of storytelling, pacing, story architecture, safeguarding characterization, quality control, even simple proofreading all seem to be distant priorities with Marvel editors nowadays.

I'm not sure what Marvel editors do at work now? Play on Twitter? Scroll through Facebook? Make paperclip necklaces?

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Spandex. It ‘spands.
    Unstable molecules. Even better.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It's hardly the first time, and it probably won't be the last. At this point I can't shake the feeling that Brian and Betsy's estrangement is all but editorially mandated now.

I know that the point of this issue was very much a nostalgia moment for Excalibur and its original line-up, but the logic that Betsy wouldn't go with them is iffy at best.

Remender had just severed all ties between the two in Uncanny X-Force at the time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Remender had just severed all ties between the two in Uncanny X-Force at the time, though.

God, that story was effing terrible. One giant implausible, badly researched, continuity mashed mess from start to finish.

But even excepting that, some kind of face off between Betsy and Brian in A vs X would hardly have been difficult to explain and might even have added something to the conflict.

A wasted opportunity in my opinion.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

God, that story was effing terrible. One giant implausible, badly researched, continuity mashed mess from start to finish.

But even excepting that, some kind of face off between Betsy and Brian in A vs X would hardly have been difficult to explain and might even have added something to the conflict.

A wasted opportunity in my opinion.
    I finally just read it now and you took the words from my mouth. This is garbage. The premise was bad, so I no doubt think the fill-in writer did the best she could with it.

Nothing about this made sense:

- Why the editors failed to do their job, or didn't try to make it less of a mess, with the whole Rachel/Jean bit
    - Why no one knew about the pregnancy or birth before the stork? Like Elisabeth of all people?
    - Why Rachel is so glum?
    - Why Brian is a lumbersexual hipster?
    - Why all of the development Meggan has gone through in the past 30 years was wiped away. What happened to strong fierce Meggan from Excalibur 75? Or Glorianna? Why is her default fighting form (and color scheme) back to what it was when the team first got together?
    - Why does StarHammer think Rachel did things to him? Why would Jean make him think Rachel did something to him?
    - Why did the plot wrap up in 30 seconds?
    - WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS???

Here are some things that could have been great for a reunion/anniversary annual:
    - with Mojo recently having been an issue, what if the Warwolves attacked and tried to take out "Baby Phoenix" again?
    - The Technet returns with Saturnyne to take control of the baby (really Maggie is it's name?? Ugh) and an SOS goes out to the old Excalibur gang
    - Jamie Braddock returns
    - Feron appears knowing there is something happening with the Phoenix Force, and Cerise comes back as well
    - Crazy Gang anyone?

Al of those would have made so much more sense and would have brought back mush of the nostalgia than what we were given. Which was a cameo of them being friends. Ugh such a waste on so many levels....

Why StarHammer

Amazing Member

um yeah, just read this issue this morning - can I return it or get Marvel to refund me?
    this was just not good at all - AT ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    ?
    - Why Rachel is so glum?
    shes stuck in Gold

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Nah. That was all patched up by the time Remender left and the series ended. Brian even kissed her.

Anyway...
    So that's what happened to Lockheed! They stuffed him and gave him to Maggie to play with!
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 01-12-2018 at 05:02 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier