Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    It's unclear where this takes place in continuity so Logan might not technically be back yet. Even if he is the X-Men don't know about it yet.

And I think the inconsistency of who can appear in Jean's world are signs that things are starting to breakdown. At first we thought it was just other dead characters, but then Magneto appeared. And this issue shows that Jean isn't dead or at the very least is more alive than dead at this point.

Also, when Jean passed out in the grocery store they said they called for Dr. Reyes to come help her, and as far as I know she's never been dead.
    Psylocke was also present but I guess one can say that was Revanche

It's unclear where this takes place in continuity so Logan might not technically be back yet. Even if he is the X-Men don't know about it yet.

And I think the inconsistency of who can appear in Jean's world are signs that things are starting to breakdown. At first we thought it was just other dead characters, but then Magneto appeared. And this issue shows that Jean isn't dead or at the very least is more alive than dead at this point.

Also, when Jean passed out in the grocery store they said they called for Dr. Reyes to come help her, and as far as I know she's never been dead.

Edit: Checked on Reyes and she might have been kinda sorta dead once. It was unclear. But I'm pretty sure she isn't now. Please correct if wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Magneto is alive and yet he appeared in the "illusion".
    Yeah, I forgot about Magneto.

Also, as for the X-Men not knowing he's back, well Jeen knows. :P It seems that Cap knows too, Let's see if Thor knows since he's next.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post

Also, as for the X-Men not knowing he's back, well Jeen knows. :P
    No Kitty and her team know because during the Mojo crossover, Scott told to Rachel and Kitty that they are working together.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

To what extent was Jubilee in this issue, and did she have any dialogue? Thanks!

Kitty cuts to the chase: Jean Grey is back. The figure is revealed as Emma Frost, who asserts she knew that already as she’s already seen the Phoenix. She doesn’t know where it is now and makes NO comment on what happened in JG #10 or anybody who was involved. In fact, she asks Kitty if they need Phoenix help why not go to Hope or Quentin or Rachel. Kitty asks if Emma would be willing to use Cerebro. Emma says that won’t be necessary.
    This description of the summary could be misleading to readers who didn't read the issue. Emma does mention that she had a run-in with Jean Grey's Phoenix alter ego, and Jean Grey #10 is mentioned in the editor notes. From the way you describe it, it sounds like Emma literally makes no comment about her interaction with Ghost Jean, but she indeed mentions she met the Phoenix Force and Ghost Jean. In the few panels with her, Emma just doesn't describe what exactly happened. The editor notes tell us to read Jean Grey 10.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    To what extent was Jubilee in this issue, and did she have any dialogue? Thanks!
    Background panels ... don't even remember if she said anything at all.

Edit: OK, I don't even see her in the splash page with the teams looking for Jean, so I don't think she's in the issue at all... I could be wrong, and it's possible I missed her. But this should let you know she does nothing noticeable in the issue lol.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 01-10-2018 at 12:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post

Also, as for the X-Men not knowing he's back, well Jeen knows. :P It seems that Cap knows too, Let's see if Thor knows since he's next.
    cap doesn't know. Logan didn't get to meet him as he was getting frozen while he was waiting for him. its a pity that he wasn't aware of it as he could have rescued him which would have made cap the first one to welcome him back to the land of living.

No Kitty and her team know because during the Mojo crossover, Scott told to Rachel and Kitty that they are working together.
    Actually, I was talking about that Jeen is the only person in the X-Men groups that knows that Logan is alive. (I still find that hilarious she hasn't told nobody)

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    cap doesn't know. Logan didn't get to meet him as he was getting frozen while he was waiting for him. its a pity that he wasn't aware of it as he could have rescued him which would have made cap the first one to welcome him back to the land of living.
    I felt he knew he was alive. I thought that was going to be their meeting.

I'll stop here. I don't want to be "that guy" for derailing the thread. Lol.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 01-10-2018 at 12:25 PM.

A good question as to what is going on there at the moment as just sitting out the loss of teen Jean and the coming of the Phoenix with people knowing he is alive or even without them knowing is out of character.

A bit of decompression with this issue, but with an issue a week its manageable.

A good call back to an old idea of living the simple life in the New Mexico desert as there was a long conversation just before Jean went Dark Phoenix when Jean talked about things such as how much envied the idea of living an ordinary life in the desert.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-10-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Magneto is alive and yet he appeared in the "illusion".
    Xorneto or Xorn's brother.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Re: that last panel. Has Jean ever done anything like that since? I can’t recall. Seems like that would be super useful. You can keep all the other mutant powers, I just want that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Re: that last panel. Has Jean ever done anything like that since? I can’t recall. Seems like that would be super useful. You can keep all the other mutant powers, I just want that one.
    She did in Revolution using Cable’s TK

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    A good question as to what is going on there at the moment as just sitting out the loss of teen Jean and the coming of the Phoenix with people knowing he is alive or even without them knowing is out of character.

A bit of decompression with this issue, but with an issue a week its manageable.

A good call back to an old idea of living the simple life in the New Mexico desert as there was a long conversation just before Jean went Dark Phoenix when Jean talked about things such as how much envied the idea of living an ordinary life in the desert.

Never noticed before hat she also gave Lorna a dye job. LOL

Is anybody annoyed this Jean is pining after Scott? Hopefully she wakes the hell up and realizes he was a scumbag husband and moves on from him.

Her normal life fantasy is to be dating Scott, living with her parents, and making minimum wage as a waitress in an upper-middle class town. Why would she torture herself like this?

This series is moving at a snails pace, but at least we get one issue a week. Kitty should be demoted as leader. She wasted 3 issues looking for Jean when all she had to do was ask Emma, but her pride got in the way!
    Last edited by ButterRum; 01-10-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She did in Revolution using Cable’s TK
    Yeah she did it while accessing Cable's TK in Uncanny #381 and #383.

She also did it earlier in Uncanny #281. One panel she is in a dress and the next she psi-blasts the room and her psychic energy is all around her and she is in her Gold team costume. Storm also rearranged her outfit with her lightning. The male members simply had their costumes under their suites. Jean and Storm transmuted their mini dresses into their costumes.

Ultimate Member

Or maybe the Phoenix is trying to keep her placated and what it thinks her perfect life would be, but now Jean is starting to realize that her "perfect" life with Scott is all a lie and that she wants/needs something/someone else...