Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I think that was Emma and continuity is just shaky per the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Not me, it's been done (to her) death, and it's time for her to move on. Scott's her past, and I'm more interested in her future... without him. That ball & chain needs to be broken for good, as far as I'm concerned - SEVERED 4EVA!!
    I concur.

Fantastic Member

art looks horrid

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    ... I concur.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I continue to really enjoy this. Is it a slow burn? Yes, but it being weekly has helped in that regard. Love seeing Jean's world continue to unravel, and seeing her have a small display of her power. Could have use more actions imo, but I'm still enjoying this nonetheless. I like that Rosenberg is taking the time to focus on Jean's POV, as opposed to just have her return, and then be discovered. The Dani appearance was wonderful to see, and although brief, seeing these small samples of Dani and Magik make me excited for the New Mutants mini. Things are really going to get interesting in the last two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    And as much as I got a kick out of Kaiolino's summary on that site, Ariwl1, I much prefer yours. It was most eloquent, so thank you, and I look forward to #4's.

I finally got a chance to read this. Thought it was really good, and I didn’t mind the art one bit.

I burst out laughing at Jean’s headstone. “She will rise again.” They had it carved right on there, but suddenly they don’t want to say it aloud.

Also, for anyone wondering who was with the big team at the end of the issue, here’s the shot:

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Is the other Angel around? I totally forgot what happened after Archangel has his little story with Psylocke in Magneto's team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    WHo says teen Jean stays dead?

The issue isn't whether or not she stays dead, but if she were in fact dead (at any point) it should have altered history - if that was in fact this timeline's Jean. We get huge crossovers over such events (see Age of Apocolypse). But then again, her mere presence in this timeline should have screwed things up already, and the longer the O5 stay here, the more absurd it becomes. Unless of course, they aren't from this timeline.

Anyway, it's not clear why the Phoenix wanted her removed or what it was even doing talking to "ghost" Jean. Everything is off, so the finale better pay off big time.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    To what extent was Jubilee in this issue, and did she have any dialogue? Thanks!
    No dialogue, but she’s with the team in the desert at the end of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I finally got a chance to read this. Thought it was really good, and I didn’t mind the art one bit.

I burst out laughing at Jean’s headstone. “She will rise again.” They had it carved right on there, but suddenly they don’t want to say it aloud.

You should have seen the rejected submissions...

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    Is the other Angel around? I totally forgot what happened after Archangel has his little story with Psylocke in Magneto's team.
    he's in the scan above your post and has been seen in Astonishing X-men and Iceman

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Yeah she did it while accessing Cable's TK in Uncanny #381 and #383.

She also did it earlier in Uncanny #281. One panel she is in a dress and the next she psi-blasts the room and her psychic energy is all around her and she is in her Gold team costume. Storm also rearranged her outfit with her lightning. The male members simply had their costumes under their suites. Jean and Storm transmuted their mini dresses into their costumes.
    I think there's an issue of X-man, where Scott, Jean and Nate are fighting the guardians of the m'kraan crystal, Jean changes her clothes into her costume. In the recent Xmen gold annual, Rachel also changes her clothes into her costume.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    The issue isn't whether or not she stays dead, but if she were in fact dead (at any point) it should have altered history - if that was in fact this timeline's Jean. We get huge crossovers over such events (see Age of Apocolypse). But then again, her mere presence in this timeline should have screwed things up already, and the longer the O5 stay here, the more absurd it becomes. Unless of course, they aren't from this timeline.

Anyway, it's not clear why the Phoenix wanted her removed or what it was even doing talking to "ghost" Jean. Everything is off, so the finale better pay off big time.

The whole time paradox thing should be put to rest with the next issue of Blue

Astonishing Member

Like others have said the pacing is slow, but being weekly at least helps counteract it a bit. The problem is with this slow buildup the ending better be spectacular or its just set up for mediocrity from the start.

Also if they still want to push Kitty as leader, I really need to hear from Storm's point of view why she is fine with that? Why with her experience as a leader, with Jean as her closest friend etc is she not more active making the decisions and giving input. Is she tired, is she over it and just want to relax and float in group shots or what?

Anyway, with everything that happened in IvX and Emma basically going full villain again it was weird that everyone's all hey girl help us out. Wouldn't it have been more in character for her to have a demand before she just went and offered up that Scott sometimes thinks of the hottest sex of his life with Jean while they were getting down? I mean have some dignity Emma lol.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The Phoenix Force did not kill Jeen, instead she is getting Real Jeans dreams as her reality and Real Jean is now ready to save her. That's my guess. Fantasy world Jean is Jeen. Said it before and saying it again.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================