Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Storm
    Rogue
    Jean

Though my actual top three are Psylocke, Storm and Kitty. It's funny because in the early to mid 90's Rogue was my favorite X-Man period, but her stock has continually dropped when she left the X-Men and hooked up with Joseph, only to be raised a few times but never back to anywhere near where it was. She's still in my top 5 females though.
    I find this comment interesting. I agree that late 90's to the early millennia were absolutely rough for Rogue. Almost every hot creator at the time hated her so she was always relegated to limbo or the c-team of forgotten heroes. But Supernovas, Mike Carey, X-Men Legacy, Uncanny Avengers and Gerry Duggan have put Rogue in probably the best character development and spotlight she ever had. Out of nowhere, Rogue is everywhere! Rogue January kicked off and we already had 6 issues in 2 weeks of Rogue with more next week. I can't help but feel she is having a sort of renaissance.
    Last edited by jen; 01-11-2018 at 12:25 PM.

BANNED

I loved the Shiar story with Rogue..She left Gambit for dead. It was hilarious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Jean
    Storm
    Rogue (90s cartoon)
    Interesting! The 90s cartoon Rogue is the only incarnation I like of the character. I never really cared for her comicbook counterpart either

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I find this comment interesting. I agree that late 90's to the early millennia were absolutely rough for Rogue. Almost every hot creator at the time hated her so she was always relegated to limbo or the c-team of forgotten heroes. But Supernovas, Mike Carey, X-Men Legacy, Uncanny Avengers and Gerry Duggan have put Rogue in probably the best character development and spotlight she ever had. Out of nowhere, Rogue is everywhere! Rogue January kicked off and we already had 6 issues in 3 weeks of Rogue with more next week. I can't help but feel she is having a sort of renaissance.
    Oh I definitely agree that Rogue has had some high points especially since Carey came aboard. I think there was a period of maybe 1996-2008 (post Onslaught to Supernovas) where she lost so much of her appeal. Though she did have things to do in 1998/1999 with the whole Magneto War and The Twelve, but even when they put her as a leader of a team and had her a part of X-Treme X-Men, she still felt background, like a shadow of her former self (to steal a phrase someone used about Wolverine back in the early 90s). I do think she regained that to an extent in the Carey days, but she's still not where she was under the Australian Outback and early Blue team days, IMO. Though YMMV.

And of course, after Carey left the title it became crap and she fell into this...pit of OOC and blandness that much of the X-line had. That's not so much on her, specifically, but it certainly didn't help her status quo either. I did really like her on UA though, the Wanda/Rogue interactions were particularly interesting and drama-juicy.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

3) Jean Grey - I'll give her some points due to Phoenix related stuff but meh...

2) Storm - Attracted a lot of attention down here at home because she was the most popular female black superheroine around in the 90s. Best X-Men leader.

1) Rogue - She's the cutest one. I like her backstory since it's tied in with villains. Also she beat up most of the Avengers by herself (although most Avengers stories went like that in the olde days).

Amazing Member

I am a Rogue fan. I read every comic she is on.
    A big gap and my second fav x-woman is Jean.
    And very very far away, Storm. I know her importance in the x history but i cant connect with her.

Jean, Storm in Rogue, in that order

Mighty Member

My Trinity

1. Storm
    2. Moonstar
    3. Monet

Honorable mention: Polaris, Husk, Psylocke(her body swap situation is just a mess)

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

1. Rogue
    2. Jean Grey
    3. Storm

BANNED

By YOUR rules.
    1. Storm
    2. Jean (Non Phoenix powered)
    3) Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    By YOUR rules.
    1. Storm
    2. Jean (Non Phoenix powered)
    3) Rogue
    Yeah, I know. I wanted to include Betsy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I find this comment interesting. I agree that late 90's to the early millennia were absolutely rough for Rogue. Almost every hot creator at the time hated her so she was always relegated to limbo or the c-team of forgotten heroes. But Supernovas, Mike Carey, X-Men Legacy, Uncanny Avengers and Gerry Duggan have put Rogue in probably the best character development and spotlight she ever had. Out of nowhere, Rogue is everywhere! Rogue January kicked off and we already had 6 issues in 2 weeks of Rogue with more next week. I can't help but feel she is having a sort of renaissance.

It felt different with Rogue. I think most creators liked her way too much. Jean is the one I always got the sense that creators hated.

BANNED

Jean, then Storm & Rogue, tied for 2nd place... along with Emma & Psylocke, actually, who honestly... I'm feelin' a lil' bit more, right now. And I'll always care about Kitty, too, of course. I love them all, and think they're all great characters, in their own right.

Then there's Magik, Rachel, Jubilee, & X-23, naturally. And I'd like to give honorable mentions to personal favorites Blink, Monet, Frenzy, Cecilia, Domino, Karma, & Sage, as well as up & comers Dust, Surge, & the Stepford Cuckoos!!!

But without a doubt, I am preoccupied, practically to the point of... OBSESSion, with THESE 3:

1 Jean Grey
    2. Storm
    3. Rogue

They are the best.

Last edited by Omegarogue; 01-11-2018 at 08:47 PM.