Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Default ¿Were Logan and Scott friends?

In my opinion they were, very good ones. I have also read other people's opinions saying that they barely tolerated each other and their relationship was strictly professional.

¿What are your toughts on their relationship?

As with all things, it waxed and waned depending on the writer and the needs of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    ¿Were Logan and Scott friends?
    Supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    As with all things, it waxed and waned depending on the writer and the needs of the story.
    Bingo.

Definitely not at first, but Claremont slowly built some level of respect between them over the early years. I was just reading the Alpha Flight stories recently and the way Scott really was ready to do whatever to get Logan back was pretty cool(and I think that is what made Logan ultimately see him a not just some punk kid, but a respectable man). Of course, as things heat up for the Dark Phoenix saga, and as Scott begins to peel away from the team afterwards, he and Logan don't have that same bond again really until the Blue/Gold era.

Of course, they also started to play up the love triangle a bit again, though(remember TAS and then in the comics when Logan had gone feral after loosing his Adamantium in Fatal Attractions and wouldn't come to Scott and Jean's wedding). I think Morrison's presentation at the beginning of his run was the zenith of any friendship they developed, which of course slowly eroded over the course of the modern period to the extent of their (ridiculously overwrought fight in) Schism.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

Yes until writers saw the need for imaginary friction between the two.

BANNED

Yes, they were, and very good ones. And the greatest superhero duo ever.

I love them.

Plus. And that's why I hate that stupid Schism. :/
    Last edited by CuteClops; 01-11-2018 at 07:27 AM.

People use the term friendship loosely around here. I view them as having a mutual respect for each other

When Scott "Died" when he merged with Apocalypse there was a good IMO Wolverine story of him going back to Japan to visit his adopted daughter Amiko Kobayashi who Yukio was watching after she was the little girl who mother was killed when the X-Men returned to Earth after the first Secret Wars. Logan promised her dying mother to raise her as his own and he did having her live with Mariko then Yukio. Well while visiting her he was dealing with his feelings about Scott's death and he admitted they didn't always get along but he did respect Scott and there wasn't anyone he'd follow into battle more than Cyclops.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

"Friends" is a strong word. People with mutual interests describes them better.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I'd describe them as friends, but not best friends by any stretch of the imagination, as they had more than their fair share of friction throughout the years.

Having mutual respect for each other is a good way to put it, but I'd still describe their relationship overall as friendly.

Heck, even after the schism, Scott was trying to keep communication open and the olive branch out. Logan was the one having a hissy fit.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I view them as having a mutual respect for each other
    This ^ . It's a well-known fact that they were presented as opposite poles right from the start.

They were frenemies.

They wouldn't seek each other out to get a beer over someone else but when if one of them needed the other they would be there.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Depends on the writer, I guess. Scott and Logan have gone through a lot together and that kind of makes up for Logan being an asshole first and Scott being nearly as much as an asshole later. There can be no friendship between a guy and the douche who tries to get the jump on his girlfriend/wife the moment he looks away. It just showed Logan had little to no consideration to Scott and is one of the reasons I never liked the love triangle, it really tarnishes everything. But after that, there are writers who show them as having some real friendship and mutual respect going on. There was that one-shot post Logan's death where Scott was grieving and paying his respects to Logan and it really showed how good they could be as a duo. It's one of those things that makes the Schism a really stupid idea.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Depends on the writer, I guess. Scott and Logan have gone through a lot together and that kind of makes up for Logan being an asshole first and Scott being nearly as much as an asshole later. There can be no friendship between a guy and the douche who tries to get the jump on his girlfriend/wife the moment he looks away. It just showed Logan had little to no consideration to Scott and is one of the reasons I never liked the love triangle, it really tarnishes everything. But after that, there are writers who show them as having some real friendship and mutual respect going on. There was that one-shot post Logan's death where Scott was grieving and paying his respects to Logan and it really showed how good they could be as a duo. It's one of those things that makes the Schism a really stupid idea.
    I think some times people blow out of proportion the love triangle. In morrison's run ( they guy that butchered the relationship) Logan was the only one who tried to do something for jean and scott marriage. He had a chance with jean there and he denied it and was always trying to make scott look how good his life and wife was, trying to prevent him to go with emma and also telling emma to not mess with them.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-11-2018 at 08:32 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think some times people blow out of proportion the love triangle. In morrison's run ( they guy that butchered the relationship) Logan was the only one who tired to do something for jean and scott marriage. He had a chance with jean there and he denied it and was always trying to make scott look how good his life and wife was, trying to prevent him to go with emma and also telling emma to not mess with them.
    I think Morrison really liked the idea of Scott and Logan as this great duo of friends (you can throw Beast there and make them the X-Men male trinity and it works). But yeah, maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion. I just think that it would be better if the damn triangle and the affair with Emma never existed. Would make everyone way better.