Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Penny should have returned in issue 1.
    The mystery of who or what Penance is remains Gen X's greatest mystery. There's a great story to be told there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    The mystery of who or what Penance is remains Gen X's greatest mystery. There's a great story to be told there.
    lol, or a great flub. According to Lodbell there was never supposed to be a 'real' Monet, only the twins. The Penance is Monet and the twins are Monet thing is one of those crazy things that was never planned. I guess someone could write a story about a Yugoslavian girl who turned red and diamond hard, but then you have to also add the part where the twins and/or Monet share that body with her for a while while being food to Emplate in an alternate dimension. And Gateway is involved somehow. It's a mess, really. No wonder no one has touched it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLives View Post
    The author said she didn't know about the Thor story when she wrote the first arc of gen x, so this is her way of tying it in, since he didn't display any of his Phoenix powers in the first issues
    That’s a real problem. To my mind, if you and another writer are concurrently using the same character, you should definitely be conferring with each other regularly about developments to that character. There should not be any “Wow, really? I didn’t know!” moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

UGHGHHHHH IM GONNA MISS THIS BOOK SO MUCCCCCHHHHHH but aside from that, some bad news:

http://christinastrain.tumblr.com/po...4/generation-x

"I’d include Penance/Hollow. Because she was supposed to be in issue 85 but I had to pull her because there wasn’t enough space for her.

Originally, since Gen X was going to be 16 issues, when we sort of mapped out the general arcs, I thought I was going to have 4 more issues post the Legacy arc to wrap things up. So I wanted to bring Penance in with along with the OG gang for the Legacy arc. But then after writing issue 85 (which she was in the first draft) I realize that there wasn’t enough room to introduce her, give her her own story (that didn’t involve turning her into a plot device for fighting Emplate), AND wrap up all of the kids stories by issue 87. So I had to pull her out. It super sucks but I didn’t think it’d be right not to wrap the kids up properly since this book is about them. "
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-13-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    So Quentin plays PS4 and not Xbox? I knew I liked him for some reason.
    PS4>

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He also has a SNES with a turbo controller (saw one of those in a second hand shop the other day!), a DS, and a cellphone.
    Is that a arcade stick? Wonder if he has MvC?
    Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    3DS, PS4 and SNES? QQ got his bases covered.
    He should've got PSV instead

There’s a distinct lack of Xbox One.
    Xbox sux
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Xbox sux
    This simple phrase has my teenage son raging at my tablet screen in ways I’ve never thought him capable of.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

CS posts her favorite panel from tomorrow's chapter on her twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That might be the most awesome single panel Pinna has ever drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    UGHGHHHHH IM GONNA MISS THIS BOOK SO MUCCCCCHHHHHH but aside from that, some bad news:

http://christinastrain.tumblr.com/po...4/generation-x

"I’d include Penance/Hollow. Because she was supposed to be in issue 85 but I had to pull her because there wasn’t enough space for her.

Originally, since Gen X was going to be 16 issues, when we sort of mapped out the general arcs, I thought I was going to have 4 more issues post the Legacy arc to wrap things up. So I wanted to bring Penance in with along with the OG gang for the Legacy arc. But then after writing issue 85 (which she was in the first draft) I realize that there wasn’t enough room to introduce her, give her her own story (that didn’t involve turning her into a plot device for fighting Emplate), AND wrap up all of the kids stories by issue 87. So I had to pull her out. It super sucks but I didn’t think it’d be right not to wrap the kids up properly since this book is about them. "
    Honestly this is the part that disappoints me that we won't see:

Had the book been the 16 issues we set out to do, yes. But only in the sense that Cessily would’ve been around more. Because my goal with Roxy from the beginning was to give her a story that wasn’t solely about her sexuality, because I felt like that was the ONLY story people had been telling with her for a while now.

It really is a shame because, it really seems that lately at Marvel that when it comes to LGBT characters, they solely give focus to their sexuality when they're in the spotlight as if that's all that they're defined by. It would have been refreshing to see these this kind of storytelling.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

That might be the most awesome single panel Pinna has ever drawn.
    I like it too. Looking forward to the throw down. Though it may not be long since other characters have to get stories wrapped up.

Also, Strain is doing a Q&A for Generation X, if anyone has questions. Post them in this feed, the deadline for questions is tomorrow.
    https://twitter.com/christinastrain/...95885634547714

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    3DS, PS4 and SNES? QQ got his bases covered.
    And a crusty towel.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    And a crusty towel.
    Which I have to admit I never thought I’d see referenced in an X-men comic. Deadpool? Absolutely.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    And a crusty towel.
    LMFAO, I couldn’t believe that, but it was hella funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

I just noticed the crusty towel on the floor behind Paige. Is that the running joke for the last two issues?