Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly this is the part that disappoints me that we won't see:

Had the book been the 16 issues we set out to do, yes. But only in the sense that Cessily would’ve been around more. Because my goal with Roxy from the beginning was to give her a story that wasn’t solely about her sexuality, because I felt like that was the ONLY story people had been telling with her for a while now.

It really is a shame because, it really seems that lately at Marvel that when it comes to LGBT characters, they solely give focus to their sexuality when they're in the spotlight as if that's all that they're defined by. It would have been refreshing to see these this kind of storytelling.
    Has it been though? I feel like only Iceman has even attemptd to be such a story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Penny should have returned in issue 1.
    You are so right.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Has it been though? I feel like only Iceman has even attemptd to be such a story.
    Honestly, I find that Iceman is a pretty terrible example as he has very shallowly become defined by his sexuality to the point that not only doesn't he even feel like the same character anymore but we couldn't even go a single issue in his solo without in some way bringing up his sexuality. Compare that with, say Northstar from in Astonishing X-Men a few years back. While he did have the subplot of his relationship in the book, but there was more to him than just that he's gay. Karma, another gay character in the same book also had her own plots within the book and not once was her sexuality a manner that overshadowed anything else about her or the story. In both cases, neither character is defined by their sexuality just as in the real world people shouldn't be defined by things like race, religion or sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    CS posts her favorite panel from tomorrow's chapter on her twitter.
    Amazing art, I Love Paige.
    Hopefully they rescue M from the merged form in which she is trapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Amazing art, I Love Paige.
    Hopefully they rescue M from the merged form in which she is trapped.
    Strain teased that Monet’s fans are gonna love the last issue, so hope springs eternal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Strain teased that Monet’s fans are gonna love the last issue, so hope springs eternal.
    Why so much cruelty. X_X

I think it has been explored enough the arc Monet be possessed, or used as a source of food.

Marius is already an enemy powerful enough, very powerful, and interesting enough to be fusing with his sister.

Let M already in peace, just when he was back in one of the main xbooks do this to her.

BANNED

Not expecting Penance to show up. Starleafgirl and Ms Strain tweeted each other and if i have read it right, there's no hint that Penance will be in it.

I hope im wrong. Or maybe Ms Strain really wants to keep it a secret as to who will show up.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 01-17-2018 at 02:38 AM.

BANNED

Weren't there mentions of another member of Gen X showing up before the series ends? Or was that intended to be Penance/Hollow? If not, perhaps we'll see Banshee, Mondo or Maggott?

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    You know it makes me a bit sad seeing all this effort go into helping Quintin, but characters like Hellion are left out to dry and on their own.
    Bad writing or they REALLY needed an emo member on the team everything else be damned. The shit that went down with Danger and Hellion smh.

"You're not apologetic enough!"

You're welcome for saving everyone's life guys.

Its like get the **** outta here
    Last edited by ChibaMariners; 01-17-2018 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, I find that Iceman is a pretty terrible example as he has very shallowly become defined by his sexuality to the point that not only doesn't he even feel like the same character anymore but we couldn't even go a single issue in his solo without in some way bringing up his sexuality. Compare that with, say Northstar from in Astonishing X-Men a few years back. While he did have the subplot of his relationship in the book, but there was more to him than just that he's gay. Karma, another gay character in the same book also had her own plots within the book and not once was her sexuality a manner that overshadowed anything else about her or the story. In both cases, neither character is defined by their sexuality just as in the real world people shouldn't be defined by things like race, religion or sexual orientation.
    That's bullshit. That's just you not wanting to read gay stuff. Which is fine, but doesn't mean that such shouldn't exist.

Of course that character development is gonna be different on solos and team books. Northstar has been out for ages and even before it was always obvious. Karma, I don't really know, but it's not like she ever had a solo or was a main X-Men. The core point here, is that the reason Iceman had a solo, and that it went that way, it's because there was that story to be told. No, not every character needs to have plots around their sexuality, but that doesn't mean none of them should. Like on real life, people have different experiences, for some of them their sexuality is a big deal and for some it isn't. For some is easy to handle and for others it's not. Even race and religion is something that depends on people and also fictional characters. Being black is more important for, say, Luke Cage and Sam Wilson than it is for like, Blue Marvel and Monica Rambeau. Being a muslim is more relevant for Kamala Khan, than Monet.

Bobby's sexuality storyline was kinda of unusual, and they had the opportunity to make something out of it, which, according to the circumstances(him being in the closet for decades and coming out late, with a teenage version of himself walking around), couldn't just be something subtle and lowkey. He was on Extraordinary X-Men for quite some time and his sexuality was only mentioned once or twice there. He's still gonna be around without his sexuality being on the forefront. But his solo is a character driven story that was made exactly so that aspect of him would be explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That's bullshit. That's just you not wanting to read gay stuff. Which is fine, but doesn't mean that such shouldn't exist.

Of course that character development is gonna be different on solos and team books. Northstar has been out for ages and even before it was always obvious.
    Also, trying to use Northstar's stint in Astonishing as a portrayal of a character whose sexuality was relegated to a "subplot" is nonsensical. Northstar's major beats in that run were his wedding, the too-late-to-be-relevant DOMA follow-up, and Warbird's homophobia. All of which deal directly with the fact that he's gay. Just about everything else was him playing a supporting role in someone else's story, if he was used at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Of course that character development is gonna be different on solos and team books. Northstar has been out for ages and even before it was always obvious. Karma, I don't really know, but it's not like she ever had a solo or was a main X-Men. The core point here, is that the reason Iceman had a solo, and that it went that way, it's because there was that story to be told. No, not every character needs to have plots around their sexuality, but that doesn't mean none of them should. Like on real life, people have different experiences, for some of them their sexuality is a big deal and for some it isn't. For some is easy to handle and for others it's not. Even race and religion is something that depends on people and also fictional characters. Being black is more important for, say, Luke Cage and Sam Wilson than it is for like, Blue Marvel and Monica Rambeau. Being a muslim is more relevant for Kamala Khan, than Monet.

Bobby's sexuality storyline was kinda of unusual, and they had the opportunity to make something out of it, which, according to the circumstances(him being in the closet for decades and coming out late, with a teenage version of himself walking around), couldn't just be something subtle and lowkey. He was on Extraordinary X-Men for quite some time and his sexuality was only mentioned once or twice there. He's still gonna be around without his sexuality being on the forefront. But his solo is a character driven story that was made exactly so that aspect of him would be explored.
    Amen! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    And a crusty towel.
    omg QQ! Just TK that shit right out the window onto Krakao or whatever. lol