View Poll Results: Will you be watching X-MEN in the MCU?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm ready for the new X-MEN films

88 80.73%
  • No, the last FOX film is my last X-MEN movie

1 0.92%
  • Maybe, depending on the movie lineup and casting

20 18.35%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Once Black Panther destroys the box office, I can't wait to see MCU's Storm!!! Fox has been sleeping on my gurl for far too long. Rogue too, for that matter, and Jubes. Bring the real Claremazons to the big screen!!!!
    Is Storm going to be Storm pre marriage to Black Panther? Can MCU create the Storm we know in the comics?

Jubilee was a teenager on the right of passage, so less spiderman homecoming and more oringal spiderman movies.

To bring the real Claremozaons, does Claremont like MCU movies,? I will be surprised if he does since MCU movies look nothing like what he wrote.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    It would be a wonder seeing Rogue portrayed as Rogue on the movie screen
    Not to mention Storm and Cyclops, the all-time top 2 X-Men leaders.

No wonder Fox has ticked off so many X-fans with the horrible treatment of the core X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    Can MCU create the Storm we know in the comics?
    Well Fox certainly didn't. I'll give the MCU the benefit of the doubt.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Not to mention Storm and Cyclops, the all-time top 2 X-Men leaders.

No wonder Fox has ticked off so many X-fans with the horrible treatment of the core X-Men.
    Cyclops is not Star Lord or Iron Man.

Storm is not Black Widow.

You picked two of the most complicated X-Men guys. Cyclops for the most part, when he was shown in the movies was faithful to the comics, MCU X-Men will not be faithful at all. What makes Cyclops appealing to X-Fans was not his powers. it was his twisted personality , his pre-emptive leadership and his personal human growth. check the MCU boxes, none of it ticks. MCU characters are parodies at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    Cyclops is not Star Lord or Iron Man.

Storm is not Black Widow.

You picked two of the most complicated X-Men guys. Cyclops for the most part, when he was shown in the movies was faithful to the comics, MCU X-Men will not be faithful at all. What makes Cyclops appealing to X-Fans was not his powers. it was his twisted personality , his pre-emptive leadership and his personal human growth. check the MCU boxes, none of it ticks. MCU characters are parodies at this point.
    Cyclops and Storm are after thoughts in the Fox-Men films. Magneto, Mystique, Iceman and Beast have more focus than the two main X-Men field leaders!

I am looking forward to it, provided:

-they get a taller Cyclops
    -taller and darker Storm
    -a much shorter Wolverine
    -get a more assured version of Rogue
    -get a better Psylocke with a British accent (is Gemma Chan still game?)
    -get an actor who actually seems confident and kind of slimey as Gambit
    -get someone who can actually design better live-action costumes. I'd say get the people who designed the costumes from Batman v. Superman, but for a less controversial one, I say go with someone who worked costume design on productions such as Game of Thrones or John Wick: Chapter 2
    -get someone who can actually compose a really amazing musical score. I'd say someone like Ramin Djwadi or Patrick Doyle
    -maybe try to bring the production design and cinematographer from Thor. That movie looks amazing.
    -get someone who actually gives a shit about the X-Men and not just specific characters

The X-Men mean so much to me. I am excited for re-imagining of the X-Men. I just need every aspect of the first film to be perfect. Is that too much to ask?
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I just need every aspect of the first film to be perfect. Is that too much to ask?
    It’s not too much to ask, but it may be too much to hope for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

-taller and darker Storm
    -get someone who can actually design better live-action costumes. I'd say get the people who designed the costumes from Batman v. Superman, but for a less controversial one, I say go with someone who worked costume design on productions such as Game of Thrones or John Wick: Chapter 2
    -get someone who can actually compose a really amazing musical score. I'd say someone like Ramin Djwadi or Patrick Doyle
    -maybe try to bring the production design and cinematographer from Thor. That movie looks amazing.
    -get someone who actually gives a shit about the X-Men and not just specific characters

The X-Men mean so much to me. I am excited for re-imagining of the X-Men. I just need every aspect of the first film to be perfect. Is that too much to ask?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

-taller and darker Storm
    -get someone who can actually design better live-action costumes.

The X-Men mean so much to me. I am excited for re-imagining of the X-Men.

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

None of the above. If Disney were to do to the X-Men what they did to Spider-Man in Homecoming, it's a no for me.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    None of the above. If Disney were to do to the X-Men what they did to Spider-Man in Homecoming, it's a no for me.
    I hear a lot of people enjoyed homecoming. what did u not like about it?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Honestly, I didn't really like Homecoming either. However, that was still a Sony production(who still retain their rights), so it's not the best example to compare with the X-Men(whose rights will completely go to Disney when the paperwork is all cleared) in the MCU.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Before it came out alot of Spider-Man fans were losing their minds over all the raceswapping or how they thought it was Ironman featuring Spider-Man etc etc

Huge complaints I've heard

May finding out his secret Identity
    Lack of spider sense
    The suit AI
    MJ reveal
    Ned as Ganke

But I enjoyed it more than all Spider-Man films combined personally. My second favorite of '17 after Logan

Spider-Man 2 & X2 are seen as the greatest ever by ppl who grew up with them (idc for them personally so I welcome change). X-MEN Reboot will be 10x as hectic during production when we get leaks and stuff imo
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-13-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Speaking as a fan of both the XCU and the MCU, yes. Most definitely.

-taller and darker Storm

I actually like Mardsen, Jackman, Munn, am willing to give Tatum a chance and enjoy the musical scores of the Fox movies, but yes to all of this.

BANNED

Homecoming lacked the soul of a Spider-Man story. The movie is all about Spider-Man playing around with gadgets, having big fights, a lot of CG scenes, yearning to be one of the big boys in superheroing. But the core of a Spider-Man story should be about the strains of juggling his responsibilities as a student, at first, then later as an adult, his love life, his family life on one side, while being Spider-Man and helping people, due to that one painful lesson that he learned too late. Spider-Man was popular for the same reasons why Miles Morales became popular - readers could identify with being an outcast among his peers in school but rising above that to help his neighbourhood as a hero.

So, think about why you and the rest of the world should watch an X-Men film. Surely it cannot be just so that Storm, Magneto, Cyclops and Jean could be shown blowing things up. You want the rest of the world to learn what the X-Men stand for - they are hated and feared for being who they are, but they still help those who hate them, and save those who are hated by evil bigoted mutants, in the hopes that one day, humans and mutants could rise above their prejudices to respect one another despite their differences.

The question then is, will Disney make such a film? We can look at what Disney has done with their Marvel properties to answer that. Disney has clearly found a formula for success - make fun, light-hearted, humorous, action-packed movies. We need to look no further than GotG 1 and 2, Homecoming, and Thor: Ragnarok. It doesn't mean that they won't ever make X-Men movies that strike at the heart of the X-Men ethos, but the temptation to just churn out another blockbuster hit using the same formula will be too great.