Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 78

Thread: Valiant

  1. #31
    Incredible Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Same here, seems like they test the waters with some titles as they aren’t sure if they will sell well enough as bigger dlx’s especially with the price increase
    Maybe. The price increase is what's putting me of in buying the new ones. I want to be sure if I'll like it. Divinity is the first coming up now. I still don't know if I should buy it or not?

  2. #32
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Maybe. The price increase is what's putting me of in buying the new ones. I want to be sure if I'll like it. Divinity is the first coming up now. I still don't know if I should buy it or not?
    I didn’t find the thin Divinty dlx that great but I’m getting the new one, looks like it will be quite big as it’s over 30, there may come a time when I’m more picky with my Valiant stuff but not at the moment, hell, I’m even getting the next Q & W dlx And I hate Q & W

  3. #33
    Incredible Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    hell, I’m even getting the next Q & W dlx And I hate Q & W
    Why? I'm still holding that one off.

  4. #34
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Why? I'm still holding that one off.
    I’m still at the stage where I have to get everything (slim ones aside) and the cover of the new Q & W has Archer and Armstrong on the front which is one of my favourite titles

  5. #35
    Incredible Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I’m still at the stage where I have to get everything (slim ones aside) and the cover of the new Q & W has Archer and Armstrong on the front which is one of my favourite titles
    I'll read something online and decide if I will buy it. Did you already saw this one? https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/168...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  6. #36
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I'll read something online and decide if I will buy it. Did you already saw this one? https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/168...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    is that a reprint or a 'vol 2'?

  7. #37

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I'll read something online and decide if I will buy it. Did you already saw this one? https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/168...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    is that a reprint or a 'vol 2'?
    A&A: The Adventures of Archer & Armstrong is not a 'vol.2' followup for their first series simply titled Archer & Armstrong started in 2012. This is the 'vol.2' Archer and Armstrong Deluxe vol.2. This is vol.1 of the 2012 series.
    A&A:TAofA&A is the second ongoing series from Valiant started in 2016 and only ran for 12 issues cause it wasn't as well written in my opinion. They never should've halted the first series.

    A&A:TAofA&A will be the third Deluxe for these characters. Plus one Classic Omni of their 1992 series.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 01-22-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  9. #39
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A&A: The Adventures of Archer & Armstrong is not a 'vol.2' followup for their first series simply titled Archer & Armstrong started in 2012. This is the 'vol.2' Archer and Armstrong Deluxe vol.2. This is vol.1 of the 2012 series.
    A&A:TAofA&A is the second ongoing series from Valiant started in 2016 and only ran for 12 issues cause it wasn't as well written in my opinion. They never should've halted the first series.



    A&A:TAofA&A will be the third Deluxe for these characters. Plus one Classic Omni of their 1992 series.

    i got a bit confused, for some reason i only remember having one A & A dlx, but a quick check shows i have 2

  10. #40
    Mighty Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Funny thing is when I first read valiant it was this.

    My how much they changed.

    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

  11. #41
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Funny thing is when I first read valiant it was this.

    My how much they changed.

    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Ha, when were these from?

    An ultimate warrior vs eternal warrior would be a sure fire winner

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    The Nintendo books were among the first titles published by upstart Valiant in about 1989 thru 1990. I'd wager the WWF books were about the same time.
    I'm sure Jim Shooter or someone has done a reason on why they started with licensed fare. Probably a place holder till they could get going on launching their superhero world. Jim Shooter didn't get involved with Valiant after leaving Marvel to work on Captain N that much is certain.
    Solar and Magnus both started in 1991 with Rai in 1992, Shooter doing the first stories.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  13. #43
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,287

    Default

    I'm currently reading the entire X-O Manowar 2012 series in OHC's plus Armor Hunters. It's awesome
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Andrea Sorrentino, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Jim Cheung, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

    "Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It's not the time that matters, it's the person."--The Doctor

    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever! --Isaiah 40:8

  14. #44
    Mighty Member Tupiaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Nintendo books were among the first titles published by upstart Valiant in about 1989 thru 1990. I'd wager the WWF books were about the same time.
    I'm sure Jim Shooter or someone has done a reason on why they started with licensed fare. Probably a place holder till they could get going on launching their superhero world. Jim Shooter didn't get involved with Valiant after leaving Marvel to work on Captain N that much is certain.
    Solar and Magnus both started in 1991 with Rai in 1992, Shooter doing the first stories.
    Shooters and his investors didn't plan on starting Valiant but wanted to buy Marvel. Valiant was simply a plan B.

    Jim Shooter has been talking about a lot of things on his blog (not active anymore). Including Valiant.

    "Massarsky’s shares and those controlled by Michael and Melanie/Triumph constituted a majority. I was President of the company, but they had ultimate control.

    So, my plans to do super hero books were shelved. Massarsky had other plans.

    Massarsky had been supposed to wind down his entertainment law practice and work full time for Voyager, but he didn’t. He increased his practice, in fact. Even hired an associate. He worked nearly full time on his own business, screw us, though he still drew a salary from the comics company. Used our space. Ran his mail through our postage meter. Used our supplies. Etc. Nothing I could do about it. His bedmate and her partner allowed it. They had me outvoted.

    Massarsky became the entertainment lawyer for Nintendo and also took Leisure Concepts International as a client. LCI represented Nintendo for licensing as well as the World Wrestling Federation. So, he did a little self-dealing, licensing first Nintendo for comics, then the WWF for comics. Those deals he made with himself profited him, personally. A lot. And I was stuck with having to create Nintendo and WWF comics."

    Now Shooter is a controversial guy with controversial opinions so whatever all of this is correct I don't know. But let us just say Shooter aren't to happy with the former owners of Valiant. If you want to read more about Valiant it can be found here. I also left out a jury part form the blog where the quote is from.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 01-24-2018 at 07:20 PM.

  15. #45
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I'm currently reading the entire X-O Manowar 2012 series in OHC's plus Armor Hunters. It's awesome
    I finally got around to ordering X-O vol. 5, can't wait to finish up!

    Unfortunately Armor Hunters Deluxe continues to elude me...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •