Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    I don not believe you are suppose to like Quire, he is suppose to be an A-hole, he is suppose to be irritating.
    Exactly. Hes a little ****. And that makes him interesting. And thats why writers want to use him. Hes a frenemy to mutants.

Ugh why cant people see this? Hes not supposed to be ur friend. So its ok for a fiction character to be a jerk.

It's also okay to dislike jerks. Sort of comes with the terrain, actually.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I like Quentin and always have. Its ridiculous that he's still a student though as he was one of the first kids introduced in the Morrison era (15 years ago!) and is far more advanced and skillfull with his abilities than his peers in this book.
    Ehh comic characters cant advance past thier position. Clark kent would be publisher by now. Kitty and rachel would be raising kids and Scott would be selling shades at Sunglasses Hut.

I like Quentin and always have. Its ridiculous that he's still a student though as he was one of the first kids introduced in the Morrison era (15 years ago!) and is far more advanced and skillfull with his abilities than his peers in this book.
    15 years is like, less than 3 in Marvel time. He's not even 17 by my calculations, and he's emotionally unstable. He still has plenty to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    15 years is like, less than 3 in Marvel time. He's not even 17 by my calculations, and he's emotionally unstable. He still has plenty to learn.
    According to Strain he is 18 while the youngest is nature girl with 16, she said on her tumblr, well at least that is her headcannon.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    According to Strain he is 18 while the youngest is nature girl with 16, she said on her tumblr, well at least that is her headcannon.
    I don't think Jubilee is even 18 yet! lol

15 years is longer than any of the other "teen runs", from O5, New Mutants, Gen X and even New X-men. Its ridiculous that he's grouped with the freshmen class introduced in Wolverine and the X-men and after. He's several classes removed from them and graduated in the first series, so it makes no sense why he's a student and with this lot. This would be like sticking M as a student member of Generation Hope
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-18-2018 at 12:07 PM.

I don't think Jubilee is even 18 yet! lol
    Jubes is physically 17 (how old she was when she was turned), but chronologically she's at least 18 (her "birthday party" issue in X-men #11), and possibly 19 by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Synch and Emplates powers are polar opposites, they by nature counter each other. It was Synch that freed jubilee from Emplate and not simply her anger, this was why the writer had Synch free her from control. This is also why Bishop killed turned emplate's as he stated there was no known cure from being an emplate. Not-M stated Synch's powers countered her brothers, being angry alone does not undo emplates influence. For this reason is why Emplate did not Keep Synch around when he attacked the school, which was also stated in the issue.

And while Emplate did injure himself with Jubilee's power, it also freed the team, Bishop and Not-Monet defeated Emplate's minions. Emplate retreats when his advantage is lost, like most predators. While Jubilee had a vital hand in defeating Emplate in the first school attack, she was not the sole reason for his defeat.

As for Jubilee's power not being linked to her emotional states, Under Generation X first writer, Scott Lobdell it was stated and shown fear and anger powers more uncontrollable and violent. Her first manifestation was due to the fear of being arrested in which she accidentally assaulted to police officers and burnt through a chain linked fence. That reads as linked to her emotions to me.
    Or - like other mutants such as Polaris (killed parents in emotional outburst), Chamber (paralyzed first girlfriend), or countless others new to their powers at the time - they lose control of their powers when they get emotionally agitated. It's a common theme.

Afraid you're mistaken. The reason Synch himself broke free from Emplate was because he fully synched with the M-twins. THEY were the ones that freed Synch... not Synch's power. It had nothing to do with it.

Synch didn't "free" Jubilee in any way from Emplate except by getting her angry. The writer used Synch because at the time Jubilee was in love with Synch. It had nothing to do with his powers.

I never said Jubilee ALONE defeated Emplate. What I said was that Emplate's record against her powers is NIL. He can't control them and he can't withstand them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Jubes is physically 17 (how old she was when she was turned), but chronologically she's at least 18 (her "birthday party" issue in X-men #11), and possibly 19 by now.
    The fact that we can mince the details to this degree and she's still a teenager at the end of it shows all these characters are still very young, and Jubilee debuted in 1989!!

The fact that we can mince the details to this degree and she's still a teenager at the end of it shows all these characters are still very young, and Jubilee debuted in 1989!!
    I'd try to figure out Marvel's time scale, but I don't have the PhD or Tylenol necessary to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

15 years is longer than any of the other "teen runs", from O5, New Mutants, Gen X and even New X-men. Its ridiculous that he's grouped with the freshmen class introduced in Wolverine and the X-men and after. He's several classes removed from them and graduated in the first series, so it makes no sense why he's a student and with this lot. This would be like sticking M as a student member of Generation Hope
    By my count, Monet should barely be 20. Cannonball debuted at 16 in New Mutants, and yet was still only 21 in the the Utopia era! All 100 issues of New Mutants, all 115 issues of proper X-Force, a few X-Men runs inbetween, and Sam barely aged 5 years. It's a sliding timeline. Pace yourself!

By my count, Monet should barely be 20. Cannonball debuted at 16 in New Mutants, and yet was still only 21 in the the Utopia era! All 100 issues of New Mutants, all 115 issues of proper X-Force, a few X-Men runs inbetween, and Sam barely aged 5 years. It's a sliding timeline. Pace yourself!
    the age isnt my point. M is very advanced and skillfull with her powers and had quite a bit of experience. She would have been too fit to be grouped in with the newbies of Gen Hope in the same way Quentin is with Gen X. This is worse than when Xavier tried to stick Kitty in the New Mutants IMO. And again he graduated well over a year ago, so the continuity of it all makes no sense

so the continuity of it all makes no sense
    I'll agree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Or - like other mutants such as Polaris (killed parents in emotional outburst), Chamber (paralyzed first girlfriend), or countless others new to their powers at the time - they lose control of their powers when they get emotionally agitated. It's a common theme.

Afraid you're mistaken. The reason Synch himself broke free from Emplate was because he fully synched with the M-twins. THEY were the ones that freed Synch... not Synch's power. It had nothing to do with it.

Synch didn't "free" Jubilee in any way from Emplate except by getting her angry. The writer used Synch because at the time Jubilee was in love with Synch. It had nothing to do with his powers.

I never said Jubilee ALONE defeated Emplate. What I said was that Emplate's record against her powers is NIL. He can't control them and he can't withstand them.
    I won't lie but its been a long time since I have read these issues, I remember Not-M clearly states Synch's power counters her brothers. Also it was not being fully synched with the M-twins it was her powers causing a violent feedback loop with his, The St.Croix sibling do not neutralize each others each others powers like the Summers siblings or Banshee and Black Tom. During the Christmas issue Emplate hinted that not-Monet was similar to him and she could also feed, in which she denied but the comment got under her skin as it was, this was before the "Real Monet" was a creation. This was all during the Lobdell years and Feaber clearly read those early issues.

I don't believe feaber used Synch because Jubilee is in love with Synch, before Synch being an emplate was permanent and irreversible for mutants, which was why the XSE killed them. Unless i am mis-remembering things, which is a possibility. I can't even remember where my old issues are, this conversation got me curious enough to fact check myself, And I cant even find where I put them.