Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Is this serious or is it some kind of joke?

Sorry it's hard to believe it was so easy . I was expecting something more epic even though I'm happy.
    Haha no worries, and no joking from me. Unfortunately I haven't read the entire issue yet so I can't say anything else...

It was real good. spoilers:
    Basically, M takes from Jubilee her sun protecting jewel and throws her out of a window. She is burning to a crisp and Quentin decides to save her giving away the piece of the Phoenix he had inside. In an excellent move, you get original Jubilee back and a Quentin who is not cosmically powered.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Haha no worries, and no joking from me. Unfortunately I haven't read the entire issue yet so I can't say anything else...
    I have a summary all ready to go. Was gonna start a thread but you beat me to it.

Let me know if you want me to post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Last edited by Maestroneto; 01-17-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Great issue.

spoilers:
    It's great to have "firework" Jubilee back!
    end of spoilers
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    [img]s17.postimg.org/5lfzfh6e7/0_A7_B5805-_ACFD-4_D32-_BCBC-_A1_A5909_DA6_BE.png[/img]
    Not working...

This was a good issue. Still sad this series is ending so soon, but at least it looks like Strain's getting to close most of the plot threads she introduced.

Do we really need to use spoiler tags in this thread? But anyway:

spoilers:
    Most of the issue focuses on the Monet vs. Chamber/Husk/Gen X kids fight. There's a nice Ben/Nathaniel moment, and Nathaniel gets to save the day by going into M's head and finding out that D.O.A is the one keeping the school out of dimension. With that problem solved, Jubilee then enters the fight, but gets her amulet taken out by Monet, who then throws her into the sun. So Quentin uses his phoenix shard to save her life and get her powers back.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This is gorgeous and lovely and hooray for her.

Also: DEM FANGERS!!!!???? Yeeeesh

Default Issue Summary - look away if you haven't read it!

Not sure why we're using spoiler tags in a thread marked "spoilers". So I ain't gonna.

Generation X #86 (Legacy) – “Survival of the Fittest, Part 2”

SPOILERS:

• Quentin Quire is telepathically “skeet shooting” with coconuts on Krakoa somewhere in the Atlantic when he sees the X-men’s Blackbird soar in overhead. He tells Krakoa to move just before the plane touches down.

• Cut to Quentin’s driftwood hut, where he’s sitting on the couch playing video games. An irritated Jubilee appears in the doorway. After the soon-to-be-infamous bit about Quentin’s crusty towel, Quentin insults her, but she keeps her temper in check. Jubes remembers what Nate told her about how QQ secretly cares about his classmates, and how he learned he was adopted, and asks him to return to the school with her. Quentin asks what the point is, since no one in the class is likely to become an X-man. Jubilee insists that if QQ really wants to stay and join the X-men, she’ll find a way to make it happen, but it’s up to him to choose them. Quentin gets angry and insists that he doesn’t need the X-men, as he has a shard of the Phoenix power inside him. Just then, Jubilee gets a text notification that the school has vanished from Central Park. She tells Quentin, and he is shocked.

• At the Xavier Institute, Eyeboy, Morph, Hindsight and Nature Girl are trying to calm a crying Shogo in the chem lab as M-Plate enters. Chamber telepathically signals them to run as he blasts Monet. The kids take Shogo and make a quick getaway as Jono and M continue to fight.

• They run to a nearby classroom, where they find Husk and Bling. Roxy is having another panic attack, and Paige is trying to calm her. They see Hellion and Surge lying unconscious on the floor, having been attacked by Monet. Paige says M has been feeding on them and the other students. They hear an explosion and Husk rushes off to help Chamber.

• Jono is not faring well against M-Plate in the hallway. She is about to finish him off when she is hit with a blast of energy. She covers herself with Hisako’s armour (she was evidently feeding on her too), and turns to face an angry Husk, who is peeling off her skin to reveal a “fire and ice” form underneath. Monet remarks that Paige finally looks mentally stable, and Paige snaps back that M doesn’t. Jono comes around and he and Paige attack Monet together.

• Debris flies into the classroom where the kids are hiding with Shogo. Benji sees a piece of debris heading for Nate and puts himself in the way to take the hit. Nate asks why he did that, and Benji says “Why do you think?” Roxy remarks that M-Plate has absorbed powers from a bunch of students and may now be too powerful to beat. Nate tells Benji that he doesn’t want to just stay friends and kisses him. He then turns to the others and says he has a plan to slow M down and resynch the school.

• As he says this, Jono is tossed through the wall into the classroom. Paige is trying to reason with Monet, but M just insults her and beats her to the floor. Nate sneaks up behind her and is about to hit her with a wooden plank when she spins around and grabs him. As she tries to feed on him Nate sees images from Monet’s past: her confrontation with Jubilee in the danger room in Massachusetts in the original series, a confrontation with Sabretooth, and then an image of her telling DOA that he had to be her anchor to keep the school unsynched from reality. Meanwhile, Monet sees images from Nate’s past: his abuse at the hands of his mother, his betrayal at the hands of his father, and the end of his first relationship. Confused, Monet drops him. Nate yells to the others to find DOA, as he is M-Plate’s anchor keeping the school unsynched from reality. She tosses him across the room and Benji rushes to him. As the others rush to the quad to look for DOA, Roxy stays behind to defend Nate and the others. She isn’t panicked anymore, now she’s just p1ssed off. She wades into Monet.

• In the quad, Eyeboy tells Nature Girl that he can see DOA in the cellar of one of the buildings. Lin summons hordes of rats to flush DOA out. She tells Trevor to take Shogo away as she is about to beat the crap out of DOA.

• Back in the classroom, Bling is bleeding on the floor, but still defiant. M-Plate is about to feed on her when suddenly an angry Jubilee appears and tosses her across the room. Monet is shocked by her sudden appearance, and asks how she found the school. Jubes says the school suddenly reappeared as she was landing the Blackbird. Quentin goes to check on Nate and Benji.

• Jubilee tells Monet that the fight is between the two of them, vampire to vampire, and to leave the kids out of it. Monet responds by suddenly snatching away Jubilee’s light-bending amulet (which allows her to walk around in daylight), and tossing her through a window onto the front lawn. Jubes bursts into flame in the sunlight as the horrified students look on.

• Monet jokes that she hasn’t seen Jubilee light up like that since she had her mutant powers. Quentin hears her and gets infuriated. He remembers what Jubilee said about helping him find a way to stay with the X-men, and realizes that she can’t do that if she’s a pile of ash. In an awesome moment of self-sacrifice he decides to give up his shard of the Phoenix power to Jubes. A huge flaming Phoenix rushes out of his body and out the window toward the front lawn.

• Cut to the last panel: Jubilee is crouched on the front lawn in the sunlight, no longer on fire. She stares in shocked amazement at the multicolored explosive plasmoids emerging from her hands.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Holy. Crap. SHE’S BAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

After 13 long years THE FIRECRACKER HAS RETURNED! And it appears that no one is more shocked about it than she is.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!! It's a fantastic day to be a Jubilee fan!

I honestly don’t know what else to say about this issue but FREAKING AWESOME. For someone who says she prefers writing romantic interpersonal stories Christina Strain does a bang-up job of writing action. Amilcar Pinna’s art has also improved once again as the issues progress.

Nice callbacks in this issue to things like the personality clash between M and Jubilee in the original GenX series, M’s conflicts with Creed just after she was bonded with Marius, Paige’s mental stability issues, and Jubes learning to pilot aircraft in the all-female X-men series.

Given how great this series has been, it absolutely GUTS me that the next issue is the last. But if Jubilee was to get her powers back it’s really only fitting that it happened in this series. I honestly don’t even mind that it was Quentin Quire that did it instead of Jean (which is what I was predicting). I’m just ecstatic that she has her powers back.

So Jubilee has been fixed. Now it’s time to fix Monet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I hope and pray that when all is said and done, that Jubilee and Monet become closer at the end of this, bonding of their shared "release" from vampricity. That's not a word but ....who cares.

I cannot wait to read this later!

BANNED

Does that mean Jubilee has the Phoenix shard now?

Yayy Finally. Jubilee is back. Between this and what happened in Venom Inc. Omega, I'm a very happy chappy.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Does that mean Jubilee has the Phoenix shard now?
    Honestly im guessing Quentin burned out the shard to do that to Jubilee. So no one has it. This makes me so happy so in the final issue i hope we get Beast to do a physical or something. Just so its clear. What i hope is that Quebtin sacrifced the shard to burn what doesnt work aka vampire powers.
    X-Men Forever

I'm happy for Jubilee fans. It was a great issue all around.

BANNED

I am so loving Quentin now.