Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Other writers have wanted to repower her, but AFAIK Editorial refused it until now.
    Yep. Brian Wood said that was one of the first ideas he pitched when writing X-Men and it got nixed.

Other writers have wanted to repower her, but AFAIK Editorial refused it until now.
    Wasn't aware Wood had tried to pitch it. I want to say this sounds very complex-y but it confuses me why keep Jubilee and Moonstar depowered but let everyone else regain theirs.

Probably has to do with Marvel having a change of mind with Legacy. Jean is back, Xavier is back, Jubilee's powers are back...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Probably has to do with Marvel having a change of mind with Legacy. Jean is back, Xavier is back, Jubilee's powers are back...
    Now to fix Monet and then get to work on Dani.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Couldn't QQ have changed Monet and Jubliee both back? Solve both problems.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Couldn't QQ have changed Monet and Jubliee both back? Solve both problems.
    That thought did cross my mind as well. My guess is that Jubes gets that honour, and blasts them apart. I hope.

BANNED

That thought did cross my mind as well. My guess is that Jubes gets that honour, and blasts them apart. I hope.
    Oh I hope that's how it'll work. Please please please.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Very nice, action-packed chapter.

This series may not be popular in the grand scheme, but praise Strain for ending Jubilee's overstayed vampirism. Or at least giving her mutant powers back. That's great. Hopefully Marvel will keep it canon. But we know how they are with continuity...

How far Monet has fallen that she's prepared to murder her friends. When she's cured, I can't imagine she's gonna handle all the stuff she's done too well. She killed numerous Morlocks that she was trying to protect in Uncanny, attacked young students, and almost killed Jubilee and Husk. Her PTSD is gonna be through the roof.

On a small note, I liked that M's relationship to Creed got a callback. At least ONE writer acknowledged it. Now if only we could get an explanation for why they split up. But I won't be demanding. The callback was enough to please me.

Nice of QQ to do what he did for Jubes. Maybe he's not ALL bad lol

FUCKING FINALLY

One of the dumbest, most baffling things to happen in comics is finally being undone.

Welcome back, Jubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    How far Monet has fallen that she's prepared to murder her friends. When she's cured, I can't imagine she's gonna handle all the stuff she's done too well. She killed numerous Morlocks that she was trying to protect in Uncanny, attacked young students, and almost killed Jubilee and Husk. Her PTSD is gonna be through the roof.
    All that stuff is 100% Marius. And once she’s freed from him he’s going to wish to god he was an only child. If she doesn’t flat out kill him it’ll be a miracle.

All that stuff is 100% Marius. And once she’s freed from him he’s going to wish to god he was an only child. If she doesn’t flat out kill him it’ll be a miracle.
    Maybe but, while at first she resisted him, only feeding on Sabretooth who allowed it voluntarily (just realized there's an interesting parallel to be had between M and Sabretooth and Wolverine donating his blood to feed Jubilee back in the earlier days) so not to harm others, by this point, she's not even resisting and openly tries to kill numerous people who are her friends without even a shadow of doubt. Hell she revels in it instead. They're really gonna need to fix her after all of this.

This book. Seriously. Between this and Iceman, Marvel is losing its grasp on their quality X-Books that a different, new, unique, and have a POV. I've loved so much about it. Jubilee was finally getting showcased in a way she deserves, respect for the classic Gen X, and bring in a queer modern x-world. The Jubilee/Quentin Quire dynamic has been a joy with so much potential. This moment with Quentin Quire is why I love him. He makes mistakes, he lets his ego get the best of him, he is lost; but ultimately will make the right decision when the stakes are high enough. I hope we don't see the these characters or the original Gen Xers disappear after this title is wrongfully cancelled.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Yeah, POS!

On the subject of Monet, I'm just remember now that she was "missing" in the Phoenix Resurrection arc, so presumably(?) Monet will be flying solo sans X-folk, once this arc concludes --- either unchanged or perhaps wandering and grappled with shame and trauma?

I might as well post this here.
    Christina the writer will be answering question about the comic in this podcast tomorrow, if you have any question here is where you have to ask.

You will need a twitter account

https://twitter.com/youngonescast/st...59851284066304

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Yeah, POS!

On the subject of Monet, I'm just remember now that she was "missing" in the Phoenix Resurrection arc, so presumably(?) Monet will be flying solo sans X-folk, once this arc concludes --- either unchanged or perhaps wandering and grappled with shame and trauma?
    It depends on when PR takes place. I haven't read the chapter in a min. But was Jubilee empowered when she appeared, I can't remember?

If GenX takes place before it, I assume Monet could have run off after everything she did as M-plate -even more depressed and guilt-ridden.