Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    1. X-Factor Invst. (return Madrox and Layla Miller)
    8. O5 and Old Man Logan go home
    9. Return Cyclops
    These. Especially the first one. And I'd love another run of Rick Remender's X-Force and Jason Aaron's Wolverine and The X-Men.

Incredible Member

The original, intact Generation X returns, led by Sean and Emma.
    X Factor returns, with Madrox and Morrigan.
    The O 5 stay put, but on the west coast.
    Quicksilver!
    Less Kitty
    More Archangel
    Loan Beast to the Avengers for a while.
    Bring back Moira!
    Have Hope lose her awful code name.
    Professor X back at the wheel.

Amazing Member

1. Cyclops comes back as the great leader he is. No retcons, no alternative characters, just hardcore Scott Summers.
    2. Emma is respected again, no more turning her into a crazy villain because they don'y know how to write her.
    3. Can the O5 dissapear ASAP, please?
    4. Beast receives consecuences for his acts
    5. Moonstar is depicted as the wonderful leader she is
    6. More good stories and less pandering to the SJW crowd. Please, don't retcon more than 50 years of stories to gain brownie points making characters what they never were. When Byrne wanted a gay character he created Northstar, and Claremont created Mystique and Destiny. (Bendis, I'm looking at you ignoring 50 years of Iceman liking only girls and making him suddenly gay instead of create your own freaking character)
    7. Cyclops comes back, and Emma and he mantain the goals of their revolution. With people like Magneto, Moonstar, Surge, Warpath, Cable, Domino and other characters who aren't afraid of hitting hard if it means protecting mutants from destruction.
    8. If writers aren't able to write Storm and Gambit like the strong, interesting people Claremont created, don't write them at all
    9. The New Mutants in x-teams (Cannonball, Sunspot, Wolfsbane)
    10. Did I tal about real, adult Cyclops coming back?

1. Make Rouge and Gambit an ongoing
    2. When Wolverine returns, keep OML around SOMEHOW
    3. Make New Mutants: Dead Souls an ongoing
    4. X-Force by Gerry Duggan with Wade, Domino, Cable, Wolverine, and maybe Rogue as a moral compass.
    5. Magik ongoing
    6. Don’t cancel Domino!
    7. More Psylocke
    8. Cure Banshee and put him on a X-team
    9. Ressurect Cyclops
    10. Officially end the Jean and Scott romance.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    No. Wanda can't have a trial. Then u have to start putting Emma, Scott, Jean, Magik on trial too.
    Trial for anybody if need be. Marvel shouldn´t teach that impunity for actions is acceptable. If a Mutant State is done and Emma or Scott or Jean or Magneto etc (well, she should face an intergalactic trial if anything.. no legal order on earth contemplates extraterrastrial crimes) become immnue due their political situation it would work for as long as they are in charge. But it would be scandalous to have a criminal as a government member. So, yes, Emma included if need be.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Adultery isn't the worst thing on the planet. I am pretty sure outside some theocracies it isn't even punished by law. But this board has plenty of people who think it's worse than blowing up a planet.

In Morrison's run Jean resurrected Emma after the affair, and in Here Comes Tomorrow Jean put Scott together with Emma to prevent the bad future that would happen if Scott became a lonely depressed retired alcoholic.
    Emma and Jean aren't archenemies, it's closer to frenemies or good cop/bad cop
    Plus Emma helped Jean to be together and to control the Phoenix...

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    1. Emma Frost redemption as headmistress of the Xavier School
    2. Give Jean Grey a welcome to Numarvel by giving her Tony Stark dubious decisions treatment
    3. Ressurection of Cyclops
    4. The trial of Wanda Maximoff
    5. 05 go home
    6. Bring back Grant Morrison and Mike Carey
    7. Jean and Wolverine finally become official
    8. An Emma Frost team/ongoing
    9. Kitty and Colossus wedding interrupted by a Giant space bullet
    10. Storm goes evil
    Storm being evil.. that is an scary thought..someone that powerful and that competent... what could make her change sides?

1) A better X-Men Red team
    2) Cyclops to be alive
    3) The 05, Bloodstorm, Jimmy, and OML to return to their respective timelines or just go away
    4) Dazzler, Polaris, and Emma on X-Teams
    5) Kitty to remain on the X-Men, but to hand leadership back to Storm OR to a returned from the dead Cyclops OR both
    6) Storm and Black Panther to get back together
    7) Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to be Magneto's children again and back to being mutants
    8) Firestar and Justice to get some spotlight again. Would be cool to see them both in an X-Book
    9) Northstar to return to the X-Men
    10) Iceman and Daken....I really dig these two as a potential couple.

1. The "O5" leave, Old Man Logan, and Jimmy and Bloodstorm too - for good.
    2. Adult Cyclops returns (less psychotic than he was at the end - give me the "goody two shoes" Cyclops, please!)
    3. New Alpha Flight book with the original team - they go after the Great Beasts for something, and manage to resurrect Diamond Lil.
    4. Adam-X claims the Shi'ar Throne as the rightful heir (being the son of D'Ken). Gladiator gladly gives it up since he's a fighter more than an Imperial Leader. Starjammers in there too. Corsair saying he "recognizes" Adam somehow (because it reminds him of Katherine).
    5. With Adult Cyclops back to his senses, and not some murderous idiot, Emma gets pissed and crawls back to Sebastian Shaw, and they reform the Hellfire Club.
    6. With Tarot's recent return to life (from the Hellions), she discovers the souls of her fellow team mates are in her deck of cards, and she's able to bring them all back to life.
    7. The New X-Men - a team featuring various members from The New Mutants and Generation X who have graduated to "X-Men" now on their own team. One of their first missions is with Magik, and they go about resurrecting a few of their fallen team members (Sync, Skin, to name a few)
    8. Simpler stories. I feel like comic book writers these days are trying to write comics, as if they're writing novels. Keep it simple.
    9. Simpler art. I love great artists, but so much has become so cluttered. Look at the comics from the 70s and 80s, and panels had simpler backgrounds. Don't clutter a panel with useless details.
    10. That all of the above happens.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    8. Simpler stories. I feel like comic book writers these days are trying to write comics, as if they're writing novels. Keep it simple.
    9. Simpler art. I love great artists, but so much has become so cluttered. Look at the comics from the 70s and 80s, and panels had simpler backgrounds. Don't clutter a panel with useless details.
    8. Have you read Claremont?! God bless him, that man loved to write a lot and he did it well and I loved it. Comics of yesteryear also had copious text boxes describing everything and musing. The difference is that the plot of a single book from yesteryear is needlessly stretched out to fill about 3 books today.
    9. My issue is that art is becoming too simplistic. Some published comic art looks like Tumblr or bad DeviantArt fan art. I'd gladly take hyper-detail over glorified sketches.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

1. 05, jimny, blood storm gone.
    2.original flavor Logan gets a minor nerf and is used more sparingly/or to build up the other X-Men.
    3.new xmen volume 3.
    4. A X-force book with characters who have different powers
    5. Laura stays relivent team book and co-star with original flavor wolverine at least also hoping she gets darker/more mature stories.(if she has to loose the name, samuri inspired costume going by ronin)
    6. No more alt univers timer travle crap.
    7. Storyes that last fewer issues, to keep intrest.
    8. Characters with more out there powers/ powers relient on skilles (see Hunter X Hunter and one piece for examples)
    9. A anthology style comic used to show off all the X-Men who dont get any spotlight.
    10. Storyes that have a impact and a sense of scale. There should be a sence that the X-Men have to put in work and earn the win.

Honorable mention, less stupid crap and cheaper comics

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    8. Have you read Claremont?! God bless him, that man loved to write a lot and he did it well and I loved it. Comics of yesteryear also had copious text boxes describing everything and musing. The difference is that the plot of a single book from yesteryear is needlessly stretched out to fill about 3 books today.
    9. My issue is that art is becoming too simplistic. Some published comic art looks like Tumblr or bad DeviantArt fan art. I'd gladly take hyper-detail over glorified sketches.
    True. The older books (which is what I miss) did have an arse ton of those "Description" boxes. That's a fair point. But I think that was okay. I just think the dialogue is getting so long winded. You have to write for the medium. And I don't think (this is just me), if a character is saying more than 3 sentences in one bubble - they're saying too much.

As for art - there is some that looks sloppy, and simplistic. But back in the day, they did great shading, and art - and still kept it pretty simplistic. Just did a great job with everyone's body looking muscular, but still in proportion to their body. And not excessive background art.

It's funny, because Jim Lee, Marc Silvestri - these were the artists that exploded in the 90s - and I loved their art. But sometimes, re-reading these issues - I do feel like there's too much going on sometimes. But it's only gotten worse.

Here's an example of a perfectly written and drawn comic page (linking it because the image file is pretty large - from UXM #121)...
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._QL80_TTD_.jpg
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    9. A anthology style comic used to show off all the X-Men who dont get any spotlight.
    Awesome idea, I love this!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Honorable mention, less stupid crap and cheaper comics
    Preferably with as many pages as they used to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

1- Get an A-list writer on the team books with an editor that really wants to fix the X-Mess
    2- Trim the fat and nuke the solo books. Outside of Wolverine they won't last more than a few issues. This applies to a lot of Marvel titles.
    3- Stop the never ending X-events and crossover madness. Whoops, too late. Here comes another crossover this week.
    4-Keep the D-list mutants together in their own book and make them earn their way onto one of the A-list titles. Just too many mutants that not enough people care about.
    5- Get back to basics

1. 100% on board with that Magik solo so many are ravenous for.
    2. Restore Emma Frost
    3. Resurrect Scott.
    4. Resurrect Synch (brought back AS a teen, for the awkwardness of his peers having moved on etc)
    5. Give the New X-Men class their own title, with Rogue as their liaison/advisor(?), and keep the roster to 7 at max to rotate character focus.
    6. Give us a Legacy style title, where writers can do one shots or 2 issue arcs for whichever character they feel has a story to tell, like they did during the Utopia days (Armor grieving Wing and fighting Danger for example, or Iceman's providing water for everyone, or the Kurt/Logan supply road trip, or when Dazzler confronted her sister, etc etc. Those were all lovely tales)
    7. Give us HELIX
    8. Bring in Wiccan and Speed for an arc (preferably with the aforementioned New X-Men/Rogue book) to touch base with their mutant roots. (I still cling to the belief they are mutants)
    9. Gabby / Molly Hayes team up one shot (gimme the fast ball special I crave, Marvel)
    10. Shelf Kitty for a while.