Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Dan Slott is the new Iron Man writer

We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Gotta be a step up from what we've been getting for the past few years.

Every time i've tried to pick up Amazing Spider-Man of the past few years it just didn't work for me, so I can't say i'm particularly excited to see him on Iron Man. Nowhere to go but up after Bendis, but still, was hoping maybe Taylor got another chance, Superior Iron Man as good for what it was.

That sounds like a very good fit. Slott is good with humor (which is why he was such a great fit for Spider-Man), but that works well with Stark too.

Astonishing Member

Phew...finally, i can enjoy my ASM again.

Though, i hope the the Iron Man title picks up readers, because of Dan Slotts arrival.

Fantastic Member

Chances are there will be a new iteration of the armor to go with this run, I'm interested in what form that will take. I've really enjoyed Slott on Spider-man so curious to see if I'll get similarly on board with his Iron man.

iMan 42s

I'm not sure how I feel besides apprehension.

No where to go but up from Bendis but I've read his Spider-man and when he knocks it out of the park he might as well have the force of the freaking Death Star. But when it's bad it's real bad and other writers have to make it work.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

A pity. I've been kind of hoping for Gregg Hurwitz. I've been wanting him to take a crack at the Mandarin ever since I read Penguin, Pain and Prejudice. Ah well. Maybe in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    Chances are there will be a new iteration of the armor to go with this run, I'm interested in what form that will take.
    I'm hoping this time around it's a little more on the bulky side again, I don't hate the more slim ones (I like the Extremis armor a lot) but I really don't like the CW2/Riri era one.

Fantastic Member

This is an interesting choice. Outside of the latter part of his ASM run, Slott tends to put out good stuff and unlike Bendis is stuff happens in his stories and the arcs aren’t long.

Speaking of Riri, he didn't mention her in the interview. Separate solo? Champions? Or is this the end for her?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I have hated Ironman since childhood. That said this is a good thing. I think Slott is a good writer. Even though I think he should’ve been pulled from Amazing Spider-man when he cost that title tens of thousands in sales monthly with his Superior horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of Riri, he didn't mention her in the interview. Separate solo? Champions? Or is this the end for her?
    I haven't read Champions so I can't say whether it would work or not, but I regardless if disappears from Invincible Iron Man and doesn't get a solo she will still end up in that book. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if they they do something like leaving Invincible Iron Man as an Ironheart book and give Tony an adjectiveless Iron Man book with a new #1. Whatever happens I hope we can actually get some Iron Man supporting characters back, with Pepper having little to no presence in the recent stuff and Rhodey and Happy Hogan both being dead...

Mighty Member

Slott was very hit or miss and I flew far clear from Iron Man since the end of the first arc.

Now that Slott can stretch his legs with something new and bendis is off iron man I can read them BOTH again! This is great!

BANNED

Well, I guess it's at least an improvement from Bendis...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post