Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I liked the techno ninjas or whatever they were.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I was low key hoping it was going to related to the old Masters of Silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    I didn't mind her headlining Iron Man's book. I took it sort of like whenever I read Rhodey at the helm with Stark playing the large support role. But with Riri and Tony both having similar focuses on development and armor use, it would be a pretty redundant title for them to operate in. This is unless Stark has to swear off armor for a while (sorta like he did back when he had to build the SAFE armor and got killed/revived/nearly killed again).

This way, with Riri in the Champions it gives them a more mechanical edge. Even with Viv and Hulk on that team, Riri is the only sort of... engineer I guess, and it'll be interesting to see how Waid fixes and presents her.
    Assuming it's still Waid writing it. After March's 18th issue, Ramos is off the book. Is Waid gone too? We'll find out on Tuesday when the solicits are released.

Also, it looks like Nadia might join as well. However, due to the fact Cho will probably be depowered in his own book soon (Banner is back), he may be off the team. Again, we should know on Tuesday.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

Its promising, but so was 2015. One arc later and we nosedived, so I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. I'm likely just going to wait for the trade or go digital on this,
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Well, again, that goes back to Tomoe who is pretty much the only original villain Bendis came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Assuming it's still Waid writing it. After March's 18th issue, Ramos is off the book. Is Waid gone too? We'll find out on Tuesday when the solicits are released.

Also, it looks like Nadia might join as well. However, due to the fact Cho will probably be depowered in his own book soon (Banner is back), he may be off the team. Again, we should know on Tuesday.
    C'mon. Don't say that. Let me have hope.

Say what? That Nadia might also be a Champion? You know both were temporary Champions (alongside Falcon) in Secret Empire, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

This is great news to me! Something fresh from one of my favorite writers. I started buying ASM when Big Time hit the shelves and I've really liked Slott's run. Superior Spider-Man was one of the highlights I enjoyed most. I was really disappointed when Slott lost Peter's voice after that, in my opinion, and it took him until just recently to find him again. It's time for him to walk away from ASM and he's doing it with a killer ending. I can't wait to see what he does with Iron Man. I just hope the artists he ends up working with are just as stellar as the ones he's collaborated with for the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Say what? That Nadia might also be a Champion? You know both were temporary Champions (alongside Falcon) in Secret Empire, right?
    That Waid might be off the book soon.

As for the Champions thing? I did know that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Every time i've tried to pick up Amazing Spider-Man of the past few years it just didn't work for me, so I can't say i'm particularly excited to see him on Iron Man. Nowhere to go but up after Bendis, but still, was hoping maybe Taylor got another chance, Superior Iron Man as good for what it was.
    You never know, it might turn out that Slott clicks with Iron Man.

Incredible Member

Slott was the writer that got me back into reading Spider Man. Maybe he can do the same with Iron Man.

Mr. Slott there should be lots of new villains. Lots more.

Iron Man's villains are generally not iconic enough to do the equivalent of Spider-Man's "gauntlet" a few years back.

something should be done to memorialize Col. Rhodes. A scholarship.

Spider-Man's rogues gallery is certainly far superior to Iron Man's.. but we'll see what Slott can do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Well said.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Mr. Slott there should be lots of new villains. Lots more.

Iron Man's villains are generally not iconic enough to do the equivalent of Spider-Man's "gauntlet" a few years back.

Yeah, other than Fraction, no one has anything good with Tony's villains over the past few years. Loved Zeke and the Hammer Girls. Maybe Dan can borrow Norman Osborn from time to time.

And yes, there should be some kind of acknowledgement of Rhodey once Slot takes over.