Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I disagree.

Again i disagree.
    Whites were killed in those events too not just black characters.
    Anyway i don't think the deaths were for cheap drama.
    Note- i thought the stories for both events were really good by the way.
    That's not what they meant. They were not saying they were killed because they were black. They are inferring that they worth less than the white characters around them, so it made them expendable ie drama fodder. Which makes sense sadly, the other characters are movie headliners and/or namesakes (mantles) of them. In the case of CWII anyway.

You thought Civil War II was "good"? At best, I'd say it was passable... But to each their own.

Funny... your patterns, the way you quote and respond remind me of another poster here.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Extraordinary Member

-Rockslide (assumed brown Latino)
    Rockslide is italian american and white.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post

They are inferring that they worth less than the white characters around them, so it made them expendable ie drama fodder. Which makes sense sadly, the other characters are movie headliners and/or namesakes (mantles) of them. In the case of CWII anyway.
    Like i said i disagree with this point view.
    White characters died too in those events and leading up to those events.
    It has nothing to with race and nothing to do with cheap drama.
    It was not cheap drama.
    Whites and blacks died in those events.
    By the way more white x-men have died then asian and black ones.
    It has nothing to do with race.

Extraordinary Member

If you want to limit your argument to just young black females then I am inclined agree. However applying it to black representation as a whole is not supported by the facts. There are plenty of top dark skinned black actresses and actors and it remains to be seen if any of these light skinned younger black females really make a dent on the big screen.

By the way most of young black actresses in america on average are still dark skinned.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Like i said i disagree with this point view.
    White characters died too in those events and leading up to those events.
    It has nothing to with race and nothing to do with cheap drama.
    It was not cheap drama.
    Whites and blacks died in those events.
    By the way more white x-men have died then asian and black ones.
    It has nothing to do with race.
    Usually more white people get killed because there are more white people to begin with.

It's like the complaint that black guys always die in horror movies. Or they usually die. Some are "well more white people got killed." That's because the cast was predominately white. But the one or 2 black / Asian characters all got killed, while the white crowd still did have some survivors.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-28-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Usually more white people get killed because there are more white people to begin with.
    Beat me to it. lol

By the way most of young black actresses in america on average are still dark skinned.
    What? Maybe you shouldn't do this, man...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That's true but if certain white heroes are pick to die in comics then it will be the same for black and other races.
    There should be no double standards.

It's like the complaint that black guys always die in horror movies. Or they usually die. Some are "well more white people got killed." That's because the cast was predominately white. But the one or 2 black / Asian characters all got killed, while the white crowd still did have survivors.
    But in those events most of black characters did not die,just like white the ones.
    Most of the black characters in those event are survivors too,so black characters that died has nothing to do with race.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-28-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

That's true but if certain white heroes are pick to die in comics then it will be the same for black and other races.
    There should be no double standards.
    It's not the same. Because when white characters die, there's tons more to spare. The minorities however, you can't say the same. Hence the name "minority." Meaning it's not as much / many as the white population.

Looking at the just X-Franchise. The only black heroine we had for the longest was Storm, who's become wallpaper now. In the 90's, we got another black female X-heroine with Monet, who was a powerhouse & the perfect mutant. But that didn't last since she promptly started being race changed and white-washed after Generation X. Meanwhile, we do still have a good few white heroines that are prominent and actually get to do things, such as Laura -who has her own series, Gabby, Rogue, and Jean is coming back (with an entire mini arc on her return) and will be leading team red.

Meanwhile, Monet (after finally being brown again) is a background character in GenX who's become a vampire and was of the lowest priority. Then we got Storm being useless in Gold and needing an outsider like Old Logan to give her pep-talk on using her power. Again, some white characters are treated like crap too -Mystique, Gambit, & Sabretooth being the worst ones possibly, But because there are more white characters, more of them get treated well than the minority cast -most, if not all, of whom are around for decoration or to get messed up in some way.

So point still stands. More white characters get bad writing or killed because there are more of them. But because there are more, there's also more of them that get good treatment compared to the minorities.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-28-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    Karma is the leader and Rictor is Hispanic.
    Yeah sorry I didn't recognize Rictor (also I'll admit I'm not from the US so I don't see immediatly the latino/minority question, my bad).
    Didn't know for Karma either. Still from a very ethnically diverse team to that, it's a bit harsh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    What about latinos?
    #makethex-menlatin

Rockslide is italian american and white.
    Anything to back that up?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Anything to back that up?
    Actually, Wikipedia lists him as “an Italian-American mutant from Boston”. Marvel Wiki just says he’s from Boston and doesn’t mention any ethnicity.

I thought he was Hispanic too.
    Last edited by Dementia5; 01-28-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Actually, Wikipedia lists him as “an Italian-American mutant from Boston”. Marvel Wiki just says he’s from Boston and doesn’t mention any ethnicity.

I thought he was Hispanic too.
    Sorry, I was more focused in on where it had been said that he was white. mace11 is antagonistically trying to dismantle the thread for whatever reason, and I'm gonna see if they'll actually holds up some evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, Loa and Indra wouldnt count. They were supporting characters but not main roster.

I also wouldnt count any of those characters as LGBT diversity. That was all stuff revealed after the series and wasnt a part of their narrative in New X-men.
    Even though Anole's sexuality was hinted at and revealed in the series? I get we can't credit KYost or Weir/DeFilippis for Mercuey and Prodigy, but it should work retroactively despite their sexuality not being focused on in a story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Sorry, I was more focused in on where it had been said that he was white. mace11 is antagonistically trying to dismantle the thread for whatever reason, and I'm gonna see if they'll actually holds up some evidence.

Even though Anole's sexuality was hinted at and revealed in the series? I get we can't credit KYost or Weir/DeFilippis for Mercuey and Prodigy, but it should work retroactively despite their sexuality not being focused on in a story arc.
    Im unaware about Anole and I stand corrected if he was hinted at being gay there

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im unaware about Anole and I stand corrected if he was hinted at being gay there
    Yeah. There was one scene set after Hydra-Controlled Logan killed Northstar and Vic was taking it the hardest because he felt Jean-Paul "understood him better than anyone else." Funny enough, he ended up getting Karma as his new advisor.

Then, after the "Quest for Magik" arc, Santo outs Vic to Loa, Indra, Wolf Cub, and Match.