Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nothing's wrong with Monet being mixed.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Yep. Mixed kids are normal in the islands. Super common. Depending on the island your from it's probably even more common. Look at the Dominican Republic and The Virgin Islands. Jamaican (my ancestry) is pretty mixed too, probably not as much as the aforementioned. But again, depends on the isle.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Many haters on Blink's blackness, and calling her new look weird and masquerading as the real Blink.

Tsk tsk, but who didn't know we'd have this issue.
    https://twitter.com/cuicidesid/statu...39395661643776
    shit that's my Twitter!!!!! lol

Definitely probably gonna repeat what I've written I'm the M thread buuut

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nothing's wrong with Monet being mixed.
    I dont think there's anything wrong with It at all. I'm mixed, still identify as black mixed to marvel means the opposite
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    The case of Monet is very specific, it is very evident that it comes from mixed races, and has characteristics of both.
    Where is all thisevidence?
    What do you mean Characteristics of both? What does she have that is uniquely white and uniquely black? People are sooo quick to state how obvious shit is about M only when stating how nonblack she is.
    Pics Bro
    I do not know why some want to give Monet an ethnic group that he does not have, and Marvel does not seem to want to give it to them
    lol how does one give that to a person ? ...marvel gave her an l ethnicity when they approved the character.
    the last thing they did was to make it Muslim, so they are even more inclined towards their Arab side.
    so now she s Arab
    Monet does not have specific characteristics that have black women like Idie, frensi Cecilia Reyes and others.
    like what tho?
    Monet and his sisters since childhood, have natural hair, extremely straight, something that we see in girls of color without mixing, obviously Monet's mother is not a black woman.
    ok first that's not true. There's lots of people who identify as black with straight hair. It's comics from the 90s ALL women had long or straight hair (Storm, Shard, Thernody ) and all black men had either low buzz or completely bald. Comic artist dont know shit about Black people's hair. I have 2 female "double cousins " (Im from. Alabama so it makes sense) My dad's their Great Uncle and my mom's sister is their mom. Our hair isn't the typical hair you'd see on another black person. Their hair have always been straight as shit.

Marius her brother looks like a Brutha here lol
    Maybe the idea at the beginning was to make her a character of black ethnic origin, but that quickly became diluted.
    what is black ethnicity I'm talkingabout her race. Just saying something is whatever doesn't make it right or sensible

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Yep. Mixed kids are normal in the islands. Super common. Depending on the island your from it's probably even more common. Look at the Dominican Republic and The Virgin Islands. Jamaican (my ancestry) is pretty mixed too, probably not as much as the aforementioned. But again, depends on the isle.
    Its pretty common here in the US.. and Brazil...and all over
    Last edited by BroHomo; 05-03-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Don't even bother with that person their entire argument resides on race science. In another thread i went in dept explaining how africa is diverse and how in algeria there's multiple ethnic group including black ethnic groups but they insist on their "monet has no specific ethnic group" argument despite the fact that she's been described as algerian since her early appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

so now she s Arab
    this is so funny to me cos you know.......algeria isn't arab and she's never been called arab in the comics

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    this is so funny to me cos you know.......algeria isn't arab and she's never been called arab in the comics
    I am not expert on Africa, so I rarely speak on it. But many are under the assumption that most of North Africa is Arabs. So because Monet has North African roots, she's Arab before anything else.

But I thought Arab wasn't a race, because it's a mixed group where you could have black, white, mixed, or even Asian Arab people. Correct me if I am wrong, as I hate to ignorantly spread false info.

So I thought just saying someone is Arab doesn't tell what their race is, the similar way saying someone is Egyptian doesn't give a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I am not expert on Africa, so I rarely speak on it. But many are under the assumption that most of North Africa is Arabs. So because Monet has North African roots, she's Arab before anything else.

But I thought Arab wasn't a race, because it's a mixed group where you could have black, white, mixed, or even Asian Arab people. Correct me if I am wrong, as I hate to ignorantly spread false info.

So I thought just saying someone is Arab doesn't tell what their race is, the similar way saying someone is Egyptian doesn't give a race.

As a north african i can guaratee you north africa isn't arab... There are some arabs (because of the arab conquest) but to go and say all north african are arab is like saying all latinos are spanish because of spanish colonisation

Strain jubilee was so awful and ooc.
    Absolutely disagree. Strain gave Jubilee more solid, mature character development than she’s had in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Its pretty common here in the US.. and Brazil...and all over
    Gee-wilerkers, your so smart!

Monet aka M is from Carribean. The comment was made "there's nothing wrong with her being mixed". I was adding to it by talking about the degree of such people in the islands, which is significant. Sometimes comprises the majority of the population, sometimes as much as being the population itself.. For instance. I'm not considered "mixed" but my grandmother is half Scottish (Caucasian, and with the other half being mostly black). If you didn't read my first post completely I'm Jamaican descent. Cheers.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 05-03-2018 at 07:27 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Monet aka M is from Carribean. The comment was made "there's nothing wrong with her being mixed". I was adding to it by talking about the degree of such people in the islands, which is significant. Sometimes comprises the majority of the population, sometimes as much as being the population itself.. For instance. I'm not considered "mixed" but my grandmother is half Scottish (Caucasian, and with the other half being mostly black). If you didn't read my first post completely I'm Jamaican descent. Cheers.
    Monet is not carribean she's algeria which is located in north africa. You're confusing her with blink who's carribean

As a north african i can guaratee you north africa isn't arab... There are some arabs (because of the arab conquest) but to go and say all north african are arab is like saying all latinos are spanish because of spanish colonisation
    Some don't get Latino either. Latinos are black, some are white, some are mixed. And they speak Spanish, Portuguese, and I think even French. But some think it's all one thing to be lumped into a singular category. And I have had black Latino people explain how wrong that is.

Like women, or female characters. If you refer to a character as black, you'll instantly get the "She's not black, she's a Latina" comment, as if one cancels out the other. Some think Brazilian is a race, and will say Anderson Silva isn't black because he's Brazilian.

These topics become more controversial than they should be because some mix cultures, religions, and Nationalities up with race.

I even have seen some very ignorant comments where people think that African was another way of saying black. And any African is automatically racially black. So we see the ignorance when it comes to the topic of race. It's so bad, I almost think schools need to be teaching this stuff.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-03-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Monet is not carribean she's algeria which is located in north africa. You're confusing her with blink who's carribean
    I don't know Jack about Blink... I remember reading something about Monet and being from an island which is why she spoke French, along with her name. But I guess that works if she's from northern Africa. Perhaps I'm mistaken on that fact... Blink is from the Carribean? Wow. Didn't know that but with the last name Ferguson, I figured South.

Naah. I smell retcon, I'm digging back into my back issues where I read the reference.

Update: Haven't gotten to dig through my back issues yet, but she herself isn't Algerian. Her father is half Algerian (Caucasian) and French (Black and Caucasian) himself. She apparently was born in Bosnia (just born there, didn't live there). So yeah the whole family is bi-racial. Multigenerationally are that... Still remembering something in Gen-X stating that she grew up on a French speaking island... Or was that Gina from A Different World? Effing 90s memory!
    Last edited by donpricetag; 05-04-2018 at 08:47 AM.
    Guild Member

I don't know Jack about Blink... I remember reading something about Monet and being from an island which is why she spoke French, along with her name. But I guess that works if she's from northern Africa. Perhaps I'm mistaken on that fact... Blink is from the Carribean? Wow. Didn't know that but with the last name Ferguson, I figured South.

Naah. I smell retcon, I'm digging back into my back issues where I read the reference.

Update: Haven't gotten to dig through my back issues yet, but she herself isn't Algerian. Her father is half Algerian (Caucasian) and French (Black and Caucasian) himself. She apparently was born in Bosnia (just born there, didn't live there). So yeah the whole family is bi-racial. Multigenerationally are that... Still remembering something in Gen-X stating that she grew up on a French speaking island... Or was that Gina from A Different World? Effing 90s memory!
    You don't know cause she aint from the "islands" which is why I was confused by your nonsensical post.

Don't. Come. For. My . Gen X. Knowledge.
    You'll look foolish each time.
    Cheers
    lol

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Speaking of Blink, someone said her relatives had appearances in books before Exiles (2018) (besides to great great granny and the other descendants of House Akkaba). I'm still waiting for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Speaking of Blink, someone said her relatives had appearances in books before Exiles (2018) (besides to great great granny and the other descendants of House Akkaba). I'm still waiting for that.
    There's that pic people post of a grandfather or great grandfather who was white with pink hair. That's the only one I can think of at this time.