Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Maggot was killed in the Neverland concentration camp. Tieris Weapon X.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Other MIA mutants of color include Frenzy and Maggot. Granted I was no fan of him but he still counts. Also Gateway is also dead/MIA.
    Oh, I love Frenzy. Such a pity that she's been abandoned.

OTOH, it's probably for the best, since she's in that position of 'mutant you've heard of, but we don't want to use' which generally serve as event-fodder or end up crucified on a lawn somewhere or put on a bus and blown up or whatever (like Diamond Lil or Skin).

BANNED

Default Underused Assets = Hidden, Precious Resources

I'd LOVE to see these 4 getta HUGE PUSH this year:

... OF COURSE!! RESTORE her Mutant POWERS, and RETURN her to PROMINENCE!!

BRING BACK the ORIGINAL bad boy, to really HEAT things up!!

They've been gone too long, and ya CAN'T GO WRONG... w/TREMORS & STRENGTH!!

Blink, Frenzy, & Cecilia Reyes as well, naturally. With Clarice at least, lookin' like she's actually going to. Admittedly spurred by a HEFTY dose of hopefulness, but I think real signs also, I do have a pretty good feelin' that the odds favor both Dani & Shiro gettin' some of the same. So I'm psyched about that, and try to keep the faith alive, that I'm right.

Beyond them, I agree that it's imperative the integrity of their most recognized, highest profile minority characters, with the largest cache--that being Storm, Bishop, & Jubilee--be tended to & maintained IMMEDIATELY! The upmost importance of this cannot be stressed enough, it's an EMERGENCY! Jubes gettin' her powers back recently, is a good start for her, and I just can't believe SOMETHIN' isn't already in the works for Ororo. May I suggest a prestige book of the current Astonishing's nature, with a similar premise to her X-Treme run, where she takes a team of names with varying awareness on a mission that's configured precisely for & around her. Kinda like what Jean's Red sounds it' might be like, more or less, I guess. Perhaps Lucas could join her there, on his continuing journey to rehabilitation, so it can end (MUCH!) sooner rather than later.

Warpath/the Proudstar brothers, that's right, I said BROTHERS! ;D... Karma... Sunspot... Forge... let's keep it goin'/get it goin' on, WHATEVER it takes!

Like to add that I'm pretty partial to Dust, find both Surge & Gentle QUITE interesting, and am AGREED... they NEED... to BRING BACK SYNCH!!!... (And JOHN P.'s Thunderbird!!) ;p

Would be VERY happy to see them ALL, get A LOT more attention & play from Marvel, in 2018! 8D
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-27-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Are you seriously making this an "All Lives" thing rn?

It's not just about who's being objectively written well. It's about the overall treatment of their characters. So you really don't see the difference between the way POC are handled? In Gold, everyone has something going on (no matter how badly written) with their story except Storm. Kitty and Colossus with their ongoing relationship subplot, OML trying to fit in as the 'real' Logan, Nightcrawler dealing with immortality, and Rachel fighting against her past. Storm is regretful because of IvX, but has there been any development for her subplot since issue 2?

In X-Men Blue, well actually, Bloodstorm isn't that bad. But she isn't even seen in the team lineup at the beginning of each book's recap page. It's been 9 issues since, 12 counting Gold's crossover.

Generation X. As much as I love this book, it has a starking lack of black ppl. As far as POC and LGBT+ representation go, it's alright with Nature Girl, Hindsight, and Morph but compared to its OG team, kind of sad to see. Speaking of the OG team, how Strain tells Monet's story deprives her of all nuance and agency, making her just another devilish, dastardly villain for Husk, Chamber, and Jubilee.

Astonishing X-Men has Fantomex, Mystique, Psylocke, and gambit (and logan from apparent Claremont interviews) all with LGBT+ rep yet has nothing done with it. In fact, we get Fanto and Raven out of nowhere. But besides that, the interviews that Soule had to talk about Bishop, the most interesring part about using his character isn't even about him, it's about some mutant-apocalypse database A.I. that he carries around.

As for characters that the X-Books are currently treating well: Laura Kinney, Gabby, OML, all the O5, Fantomex, Gambit, Husk, Chamber, Jubilee, Beast, Polaris, Ink, and Iceman. There are more but those are the few that came to my mind first.

Lobdell/Bachalo Gen X says hi. KYost New X-Men also has a few words to say.
    Is Fantomex LGBT?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I'd LOVE to see these 4 getta HUGE PUSH this year:

... OF COURSE!! RESTORE her Mutant POWERS, and RETURN her to PROMINENCE!!

BRING BACK the ORIGINAL bad boy, to really HEAT things up!!

They've been gone too long, and ya CAN'T GO WRONG... w/TREMORS & STRENGTH!!

Blink, Frenzy, & Cecilia Reyes as well, naturally. With Clarice at least, lookin' like she's actually going to. Admittedly spurred by a HEFTY dose of hopefulness, but I think real signs also, I do have a pretty good feelin' that the odds favor both Dani & Shiro gettin' some of the same. So I'm psyched about that, and try to keep the faith alive, that I'm right.

Beyond them, I agree that it's imperative the integrity of their most recognized, highest profile minority characters, with the largest cache--that being Storm, Bishop, & Jubilee--be tended to & maintained IMMEDIATELY! The upmost importance of this cannot be stressed enough, it's an EMERGENCY! Jubes gettin' her powers back recently, is a good start for her, and I just can't believe SOMETHIN' isn't already in the works for Ororo. May I suggest a prestige book of the current Astonishing's nature, with a similar premise to her X-Treme run, where she takes a team of names with varying awareness on a mission that's configured precisely for & around her. Kinda like what Jean's Red sounds it' might be like, more or less, I guess. Perhaps Lucas could join her there, on his continuing journey to rehabilitation, so it can end (MUCH!) sooner rather than later.

Warpath/the Proudstar brothers, that's right, I said BROTHERS! ;D... Karma... Sunspot... Forge... let's keep it goin'/get it goin' on, WHATEVER it takes!

Like to add that I'm pretty partial to Dust, find both Surge & Gentle QUITE interesting, and am AGREED... they NEED... to BRING BACK SYNCH!!!... (And JOHN P.'s Thunderbird!!) ;p

Would be VERY happy to see them ALL, get A LOT more attention & play from Marvel, in 2018! 8D
    I love literally every word of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Psi-Lord View Post
    Is Fantomex LGBT?
    Cluster or "Lady Fantomex" was. She was the brain that Psylocke fell in love with and they were briefly in a relationship.

But I don't know that the main male Fantomex is. Or what happened to Cluster after Uncanny X-Force ended

Even if were a mini, it would be cool to see a team of X-men that was only made up of minorities

Storm - leader
    Monet
    Moonstar
    Rictor
    Gentle
    Bishop
    Warpath
    Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by havok83 View Post
    even if were a mini, it would be cool to see a team of x-men that was only made up of minorities

storm - leader
    monet
    moonstar
    rictor
    gentle
    bishop
    warpath
    jubilee
    oh my god take my money.
    Last edited by Dementia5; 01-27-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Incredible Member

Nekra the mutant is missing as well as Thunderbird 3 (shudder). Scalphunter is dead for good over in another book so I knew where he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Psi-Lord View Post
    Is Fantomex LGBT?
    He's admitted attraction to guys before. He even asked Cable out in Spurrier's X-Force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Even if were a mini, it would be cool to see a team of X-men that was only made up of minorities

Storm - leader
    Monet
    Moonstar
    Rictor
    Gentle
    Bishop
    Warpath
    Jubilee
    I love this roster. Add in Prodigy and perfection.

Ultimate Member

Storm - leader
    Monet
    Moonstar
    Rictor
    Gentle
    Bishop
    Warpath
    Jubilee
    I might pick some different people, but yeah, I'd be all up for that.

Among many others, I'd be down with seeing Windshear/Colin Hume back, or Shola Inkosa, or Shard (or various members of the X-Men 2099, my favorites of which are La Lunatica, Meanstreak and Krystalin).

Does Dani have her powers back yet? Jubilee is *finally* back to being a mutant and not a vampire ex-mutant, so I'd love for Moonstar and Wind-Dancer to rejoin the mutant club.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-27-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Does Dani have her powers back yet? Jubilee is *finally* back to being a mutant and not a vampire ex-mutant, so I'd love for Moonstar and Wind-Dancer to rejoin the mutant club.
    I was hoping Dani would be repowered by the end of Phoenix Resurrection, but now that’s looking less likely, and I’m desperately unhappy about that. Now I’m hoping it’ll happen in the New Mutants mini.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I love literally every word of this.
    Thank you SO much, and that's really good, 'cause I literally meant every word of it!

Storm - leader
    Monet
    Moonstar
    Rictor
    Gentle
    Bishop
    Warpath
    Jubilee
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    oh my god take my money.
    I love this roster. Add in Prodigy and perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I might pick some different people, but yeah, I'd be all up for that.

Without a doubt & MOST definitely, ya got my $'s too!

When asked just a short while back, pretty sure Paniccia said BOTH Jubes & Dani, would be getting their original Mutant powers back. So my best guess would be, that Moonstar should be following Ms. Lee's lead, relatively soon enough. That's my hope & greatest wish anyway, and I'm stickin' to it, 'cause... reasons, lol. I really do believe tho, that some potentially BIG things... MAJOR developments, lie ahead for her, our resident... Dream Catcher. Or is it, would it be, just... Dreamer?

BANNED

As fans we can change this. We can let our complaints be heard. We need to start but first a quick run through.

Storm is a list, Marvel's answer to Wonder Woman. She has been displaced, minimized and silenced for over a decade by the X-office.

Monet is now a mutant eating vampire.

Synch, Bedlam and other black male characters are dead.

Bishop is barely usable.

Bling is freezing during battle while failing to live her dreams.

That's just the black characters. Not one is shining right now, honestly all of them should be.

Skin is still dead as are Feral and Thorn.

Sunfire is in limbo, karma too, Sunpyre is dead. All the Asian mutants are completely invisible or gone with the only exception being Armor. She hasn't had any development in years.

Let's talk about the native characters. Warpath is doing great but no one else is. Forge is wall paper and a stage 4 creeper, Dani is powerless and not being used.

All of the POC characters are being mismanaged and abused. This thread is about pointing out how the X-office needs to do better empower characters that aren't white. No one is bashing characters for their skin color just pointing out the X-men are now doing a really bad job at portraying people of color when they were once the vanguards of it.
    I can see why you're mad. Especially with Storm. But the fact is that years (under Alonso) the X-Books have been little more than the Scott Summers Show. A stand in for whatever writers unfulfilled big-man-on-campus fantasies. Along with the fact that most writers haven't a clue how to write a team book and don't care about the X-Men history and the personality of the characters.