Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    What ever happened to creating new characters and great new villains. when last did any of us fall in love with a new character.
    I think most love Gabby.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Avengers vs X-Men: This One Will Likely Be Adapted Into a Movie

Maybe its not a VS series is a Xmen and Avengers : Now we own Fox so this will not irritate you.

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    What ever happened to creating new characters and great new villains. when last did any of us fall in love with a new character.

-Gabby
    -Hindsight

I guess Belen before she got unceremoniously killed off for cheap shock value because Guggenheim is a hack writer who can't draw any emotions from his reader besides unbridled hatred. That's also why no one likes his villains.

Fantastic Member

I'm kind of waiting for the inevitable X-Men Brand relaunch now that Disney is going to outright own the film rights to those characters but i'm thinking we won't see it until 2019 when the deal is completed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think most love Gabby.
    "Most" as in most of All New Wolverine readers, or X-Men fans in general? I might agree with you on the former, but I highly doubt the latter is true. And if you were to include all of Marvel comics readers, it's safe to say that Gabby is not a loved character, if they even know of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    I get that the X-Men and Avengers will be on the same side, but I’m SO sick of crossovers and big events. Definitely not excited for another X-Men and Avengers crossover...even as allies.
    I'm actually looking forward to it, I like the differences between the Avengers and the X-Men, I just hope all the big guns are back as they should be.
    Get rid of the spagetti characters nobody cares about.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    "Most" as in most of All New Wolverine readers, or X-Men fans in general? I might agree with you on the former, but I highly doubt the latter is true. And if you were to include all of Marvel comics readers, it's safe to say that Gabby is not a loved character, if they even know of her.
    I like Gabby just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

This is true, many collectors in my shop (unless they collect Wolverine) had never heard of her prior to the announcement of her joining X-Men Red. And the reaction from those people once I described her was typically an eye roll and something along the lines of "Oh, great, another Wolverine. Just what we needed." Personally, I'm indifferent to Gabby. Fans of the current Wolverine comic in the shop love Gabby though. So, she definitely has fans.

BANNED

This is true, many collectors in my shop (unless they collect Wolverine) had never heard of her prior to the announcement of her joining X-Men Red. And the reaction from those people once I described her was typically an eye roll and something along the lines of "Oh, great, another Wolverine. Just what we needed." Personally, I'm indifferent to Gabby. Fans of the current Wolverine comic in the shop love Gabby though. So, she definitely has fans.
    I'm sure there are people who like her, but to make the bold claim that she's liked by most, is what I object to. I stopped reading All New Wolverine because of Gabby. Sure, if I were to meet someone like her in real life, I'd love her too. But as a character in a comic, she's unbearable.

I'm sure there are people who like her, but to make the bold claim that she's liked by most, is what I object to. I stopped reading All New Wolverine because of Gabby. Sure, if I were to meet someone like her in real life, I'd love her too. But as a character in a comic, she's unbearable.
    Oh, totally. I was agreeing with you regarding the "liked by most" post.

She’s a 13 year old girl who’s written as such. If you know any 13 year olds you’ll know that they are pretty unbearable IRL. But once you accept that fact and look past it you really do learn to appreciate the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    She’s a 13 year old girl who’s written as such. If you know any 13 year olds you’ll know that they are pretty unbearable IRL. But once you accept that fact and look past it you really do learn to appreciate the character.
    LMFAO!!! Yes, I was with my 13 year old niece today. I love her to death, but she is definitely unbearable, lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    No, read what I said. Didn't I already say that if I were to meet a real person like her, I'd like her too? And did I not say that it's the character in a comic that I detest?

No, read what I said. Didn't I already say that if I were to meet a real person like her, I'd like her too? And did I not say that it's the character in a comic that I detest?
    I understood exactly what you said. It was the comic character I was referring to.

LMFAO!!! Yes, I was with my 13 year old niece today. I love her to death, but she is definitely unbearable, lol.
    I have a 16 year old son. When he was 13 he almost didn’t reach 14.