Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Same I noticed with Priest who despite not wanting to publicly be known as “that black writer who writes the black characters” he will surround a white character with black/Latin/Asian characters. Let Priest loose on the espionage side of the MU
    That would be cool. Christopher Priest writing something like S.H.I.E.L.D. could be a great read. And yeah, in this day and age where we are increasingly interacting with people who aren't entirely "like us," Priest surrounding a white protagonist with supporting characters of color wouldn't be that unusual. Hell, it kind of reminds me of Peter Parker's classmates and friends in Spider-Man: Homecoming.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Give Hickman SHIELD or Inhumans.

Give Priest FF or an Avengers titles. Or put him on Cap again.

Now if they can bring back Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction along have Marjorie Liu and Gail Simone, they will have a really strong team of writers, plus the newer talent they have.

Looks like C.E. isn't wasting time.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Don't think they needed to lure him back. He always insisted he was taking a break not breaking his ties. His relationship with Breevort was probably the most productive and inspirational writer/editor combo in modern Marvel.
    Yeah, he also has been at previous writer retreats.

ETA: I've said before that Hickman should write Doctor Strange, but that poll that includes Eternals fascinates me. I'd love to see that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I was hoping Hickman would bring his voice to D C for a few years.
    But if he and Priest end up with Marvel again full time
    I hope Hickman gets control of the X-Men line and ends up doing two monthly books
    and Priest gets to do a Fantastic Four and a Sub-Mariner book.
    Anything above would be most pleasing to me

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    The Fantastic Four relaunch, please! It will need a great writer and Priest imho would be a better choice than anyone currently writing for Marvel.
    I think Ewing is better. His Ultimates was basically a FF book.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    My first thought was Defenders.

Wolverine book could be fun.
    Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Priest on Incredible Hulk or Thor would be sweet.

Never forget that Ant-Man and Superior Foes of Spidey were pretty good.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Give Priest FF or an Avengers titles. Or put him on Cap again.
    I think Hickman is truly going to be signed to put the X-Men back into shape. Now for the bolded, that's an insanely neat idea that didn't cross my mind at first. It's known that Priest left Marvel and literally retired because they wouldn't give him a flagship book. He wanted to write Captain America, not Captain American and Falcon, back then. What if instead of Ta-Nehisi taking over Cap, Priest is the one doing it? That or anything he'd want to write I'll be all over it.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I think Ewing is better. His Ultimates was basically a FF book.
    I'm not entirely sure I agree. To me, his Ultimates is far more of a Jim Starlin cosmic opera than a Fantastic Four book, which is about family more than anything else.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm not entirely sure I agree. To me, his Ultimates is far more of a Jim Starlin cosmic opera than a Fantastic Four book, which is about family more than anything else.
    I think the giant cosmic space opera is what has been missing from the FF lately. Family is a big aspect, but the cosmic side is just as important and it's taken a backseat for far too long. So I'd personally prefer Ewing on the Fantastic four.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Sure, but the Fantastic Four does cosmic in the way Star Trek does cosmic. It's a relatively straight-forward adventure story. It's not Jim Starlin Silver Surfer or Adam Warlock that's strange to the point of nonsensical at times.

For Hickman, I'd like to see him take on the X-Men or Spider-Man.

For Priest, pretty much anything, but the Fantastic Four relaunch, or Avengers, or Hulk or Spider-Man or Wolverine.

EDIT: meant to say "anything, but the Fantastic Four Relaunch, or Avengers, or Hulk or Spider-Man or Wolverine would be my top picks."
    Last edited by robreedwrites; 01-30-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Sure, but the Fantastic Four does cosmic in the way Star Trek does cosmic. It's a relatively straight-forward adventure story. It's not Jim Starlin Silver Surfer or Adam Warlock that's strange to the point of nonsensical at times.
    I disagree and think that craziness is exactly what they need, they've been played too safe and need a shot in the arm. Lee and Kirby's run could be pretty crazy at times and those are the things that stuck, like Galactus which was a pretty insane concept at that time. A balls to the wall crazy, cosmic Fantastic Four could be amazing. The property needs to take risks again.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Hmmm... let's see.

Priest's Justice League reads more like a Marvel book, but unfortunately it looks like Aaron will be on Avengers.

Slott is on Iron Man so that's out.

Priest has said over and over that he doesn't want to go back to Black Panther (that said he may still be open to using him as part of an ensemble).

The creative summit is for the people who are plotting the direction of the MU right? So it's got to be a big title he's on. No one is inviting him so that he can write Taskmaster.

So my guess is he's (or Hickman) doing something with Infinity Watch, Fantastic Four, X-Men, or one of the MCU solo heroes.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Calling it now, Priest is going to have his own Avengers team...