Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DangitBobby View Post
    why do you think that? What has Hickman done that would make you think an Xmen run would be bad? I think just the opposite, Hickman would likely have a stellar Xmen series. He's more built for that kind of book than Fraction and Bendis, both who I hated their Xmen stuff...even Brubaker's Xmen was pffft.

people forget Hickman left for DC over a year ago btw, so i dont think you're going to see him back at Marvel for a while anyway---Hickman was Probably part of the reason Bendis decided to jump over right now
    Hickman on X-Men...I don't know.

I feel like it would probably be a mix of Chris Claremont, Grant Morrison, and Kieron Gillen, but with an over-emphasis on Sci-Fi or morality stories over, say, the Mutant Metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Same I noticed with Priest who despite not wanting to publicly be known as “that black writer who writes the black characters” he will surround a white character with black/Latin/Asian characters. Let Priest loose on the espionage side of the MU
    This. Priest won't be know for being the black write who wrote black characters (which is a stigma Dwayne for better or worse to some degree has gotten). The best way to do this is by simply writing non black characters well. Thus I'm certain he won't do Black Panther, Miles as Spider-man, Black Goliath, Cloak & Dagger or any superhero with a black character. He has also earlier said he wanted to do the big books and was disappointed he didn't get the chance. I'm assuming Priest wants to write Spider-man, Avengers, X-Men, FF and maybe Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    This. Priest won't be know for being the black write who wrote black characters (which is a stigma Dwayne for better or worse to some degree has gotten). The best way to do this is by simply writing non black characters well. Thus I'm certain he won't do Black Panther, Miles as Spider-man, Black Goliath, Cloak & Dagger or any superhero with a black character. He has also earlier said he wanted to do the big books and was disappointed he didn't get the chance. I'm assuming Priest wants to write Spider-man, Avengers, X-Men, FF and maybe Daredevil.
    Yeah, Priest was inadvertently put in a box. It would be the equivalent of marvel only offering Bendis Jewish characters to write. I think anyone would be put off in that situation.

Huge key difference, though: Bendis doesn't force Jewish issues into every story even when there are no Jewish main characters. Priest put himself into that box by soap-boxing about black issues no matter who he was writing. They gave him Deathstroke, just about the whitest character in comics, and he still soap-boxed about black issues. So Priest complaining about being put in a box is the equivalent of Frank Miller complaining that they keep offering him only comics centering about hardboiled street-toughs and prostitutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Huge key difference, though: Bendis doesn't force Jewish issues into every story even when there are no Jewish main characters. Priest put himself into that box by soap-boxing about black issues no matter who he was writing. They gave him Deathstroke, just about the whitest character in comics, and he still soap-boxed about black issues. So Priest complaining about being put in a box is the equivalent of Frank Miller complaining that they keep offering him only comics centering about hardboiled street-toughs and prostitutes.
    Deathstroke is far from the whitest character in comics.

And Priest didn't soap-box about black issues. Where did he force black issues into Deathstroke?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I feel like it would probably be a mix of Chris Claremont, Grant Morrison, and Kieron Gillen, but with an over-emphasis on Sci-Fi or morality stories over, say, the Mutant Metaphor.
    We have one half-decent but relatively inexperienced writer on X-Men right now and one clueless screenwriter that thinks he can write comics. Hickman would be a breath of fresh air.

BANNED

Well, considering the Mutant Metaphor is bloody rubbish, at least from my POV, I wouldn't mind that. Put Emma, Mags and Fanto on a team, with Hickman at the helm, and I'll buy it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    We have one half-decent but relatively inexperienced writer on X-Men right now and one clueless screenwriter that thinks he can write comics. Hickman would be a breath of fresh air.
    This^

The xmen have been the pits for 20+ years now, and Bendis bringing back the original 5 made the book even more eye rollingly passable.

I have no idea what priest could do with the Xmen, they really need to blown up again and I doubt priest has the clout to be allowed to reconfigure the xmen

Apart from Black Panther (which is already on my bewilderingly long 'to read' pile), what would people recommend from Priest at Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Lol..........

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Apart from Black Panther (which is already on my bewilderingly long 'to read' pile), what would people recommend from Priest at Marvel?
    I would like to see him Fantastic Four. Or Champions. He writes young characters better whatever the hell Waid was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I would like to see him Fantastic Four. Or Champions. He writes young characters better whatever the hell Waid was doing.
    Well Champions is not on the cards now, and I really liked Waid on that book. One of my favourites.

I know when you're reffering to Guggenheim, but is the other writer Bunn ?

Quote Originally Posted by DangitBobby View Post
    why do you think that? What has Hickman done that would make you think an Xmen run would be bad? I think just the opposite, Hickman would likely have a stellar Xmen series. He's more built for that kind of book than Fraction and Bendis, both who I hated their Xmen stuff...even Brubaker's Xmen was pffft.

people forget Hickman left for DC over a year ago btw, so i dont think you're going to see him back at Marvel for a while anyway---Hickman was Probably part of the reason Bendis decided to jump over right now
    Hickman is not at DC.

And I’m sure Bendis went to DC because he wanted to tell stories with Batman and Superman.

Hickman’s Avengers was not to my liking, I found it boring and his character interactions were blah. I did like his FF which I thought was amazing, but I don’t think Hickman is a good fit to write the Xmen. Which requires full knowledge of the canon and the characters, and lots of time to craft story, which Hickman has too many other projects to devote his time to.

I know when you're reffering to Guggenheim, but is the other writer Bunn ?
    Bunny has written more comics than Hickman, soooo......

And he’s better.

About Priest. Can anyone share with me some amazing BP moment? I mean all we hear how great it is.

Did T’Challa at least armbar someone? Or did he KO some sunna of bitch that deserved it?