Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Realaunch the X-Book

Let’s say that the flagship x-books were cancelled, (Red, Gold, Blue, Weapon X). Who would you want on the teams— both creative and in-universe?

BANNED

More Byrne/Lee/Claremont nostalgia incoming.

You’re right tho

Also, I wish I didn’t screw that title up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    More Byrne/Lee/Claremont nostalgia incoming.
    What's wrong with nostalgia? If someone prefers the way it used to be to the way it is (which is pretty lackluster), they should be able to express that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

True X-Men Blue and Gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Excellent starting point. Add Laura to Gold, have Gold written by Taylor and drawn by Yardin, and have Strain write Blue with art by Noto and that'd be perfect IMO.

I think we should get some of the background characters like northstar, warpath, mooonstar & New X-men more shine

Add Emma, Nightcrawler, Magik, and Kitty to this and it's perfect for me!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I don't care enough about Gold & Red. Weapon X is what I want GONE. Far as a book & teams I would like.

Sabretooth (let that be the only Wolverine variant)
    Monet (un white-washed)
    Husk
    Cable

5-man team is enough. Any more than that becomes too many characters to focus on, then some end up as background wallpaper. 5 seems good for a solid team where you can give development to all characters. Plus, add a team with characters that haven't interacted numerous times before. I definitely thinks these 4 can work. But I am stumped on who I'd want from the 5th ranger.

Cable has his own book, and it hasn't gotten axed, but he hasn't been a team player in a while, I don't think. There was Uncanny Avengers, but he was hardly in that.
    Monet has tons of potential to be an A-Lister. She also has a lot of flaws & baggage that could be addressed.
    Husk. She's also a decent character that could flourish with more exposure, plus add another teammate that Monet could connect to & a relationship that could get more expansion. After all, when M-Plate was around, Husk seemed the most focused on saving Monet. I ship Monet with Creed, and wanna see more of that. But I also wanna see other bonds focused on.
    Sabretooth -Another character with good potential that never got explored. Like Monet, we have certain things shown about him that only comes up now & again with a few writers. Such as how insecure and self-loathing he really is. Monet suffers the same. Wakes up everyday having to think about not killing herself. Both know how to talk and act a big show, but it still is a show. Also really diving into the abuse both suffered at the hands of family members. Bring all that to their relationship to each other, and we got something tragic and interesting. Plus actually add the arc of Creed's descent (with the inversion wearing off)

Creative Team

Penciling & Coloring

Matteo Lolli. I tend to really love his style. From what i've seen, his is the best style of any modern book. Far as my taste goes. But that's only half the battle. A good colorist is also needed.
    So for colorists. David Curiel's style in Uncanny Avengers, so I think he can work. Or Ruth Redmond, who's coloring I liked in the Deadpool vs. Sabretooth arc in 2016.

Writing

Ed Brisson here. Only writer since ResurrXion to do Sabretooth any justice, or remember that he's supposed to be inverted. Any writer who can do a good Creed is #1 priority for me, because there's not many of them. Creed is a character that's easiest, and often, destroyed.
    Gerry Duggan could probably do well here. He did a nice Cable in UA, and he wrote a good Creed in Deadpool. I don't think Monet or Husk are characters he couldn't handle if he read up on them. I think he would follow continuity well and work with everyone properly.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-02-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Add Emma, Nightcrawler, Magik, and Kitty to this and it's perfect for me!
    Yes!!! I'd love this. I'd also love if Polaris, Dazzler, Havok, and Hellion were added to this group.

I’d like to see that with a few changes... Like Laura on Gold and replacing Jubilee with Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    replacing Jubilee with Kitty.
    Aaaand yer out of my will.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Let’s say that the flagship x-books were cancelled, (Red, Gold, Blue, Weapon X). Who would you want on the teams— both creative and in-universe?
    I want good xmen writers like PAD, Carey, Spurrier, Gillen

I want to see more c-d list characters who arent young students, I want to see depowered mutants with their powers returned, and some book with mainly morally grey characters-antiheroes-former villains for those who find gold and blue too lighthearted.

Since AvX I think I only truly enjoyed Spurrier's X-Men Legacy and Bunn's Magneto. I could have enjoyed Bunn's Uncanny but it was too derailed by events and the terrigen mist thing.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I want to see what Asmus (his Inhumans book was well written but it was Inhumans... So), KT (her love of the X-Men) and Duggan (he's a jerk but a great writer of group dynamics) can do. Taylor's first 7 pages looks good so I'm interested in seeing what he's going to bring.

Casts don't matter so much as long as they stay away from time doppelgangers, multiple Wolverines, and villains that should stay villains. Explore some more X-Men interpersonal issues. Be the X-Men. Stop trying to recreate the wheel. Let's see some more inner-crossover stories that ALL the books build to and are effected by once every COUPLE YEARS.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 02-02-2018 at 08:49 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men(Kelly Thompson) - This is the Claremont-esque flagship team that is needed to sell books.

Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Jean Grey
    Armor
    Magik
    Wolverine(616 Logan)

Astonishing X-Men(Gerry Dugan) - The B team.

Polaris
    Rictor
    Moonstar
    Northstar

Brotherhood of Mutants(Cullen Bunn) - They won't be evil mutants, but more militant and extreme. Kind of like X-Force but without the dopey 90s aesthetic.

Magneto
    Emma Frost
    Sunfire
    Frenzy
    Bishop
    Sage
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 02-02-2018 at 09:05 AM.