Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It was just terrible the first time. I don't see why anyone would want to go through that again.

going through it again now and very much so enjoying the experience.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    going through it again now and very much so enjoying the experience.
    I remember the Stormbot era and how so many fans were elated when they finally broke the two up. That she could finally be her own character again. I just don't get why people want to go through that a second time. The same problems would happen again as Storm would have to go be with him and involve herself in his life because he isn't coming to live at the X-Mansion with her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    again within a company that has majority of white stories with white character who date other white characters why is it an issue when two out the many many white relationships are put together because they are black? No one said Cyclops cant date solely white women but why has he only dated white somen? And Marvel doesnt have to outwardly say what Hudlin admitted to when their stories and the relationships they have speak for themselves. and no one said BP couldn't date a woman who wasnt black but he chose to have him date a black woman and i applaud him for it. we need more stories like this. relationships in marvel are either white and white or interracial. there are very few characters who are black who date other black characters. if the former isnt racist, seeinf black characters together shouldn't be either.
    But we're only talking about Storm and BP, my point was that how Hudlin wrote Storm and BP it's the same as if a different writer said that Scott could only date white women because of their race-as if he could have dated Storm or Emma back then but only dated Emma because she was white, and yes Hudlin did say that BP couldn't marry/date a white woman, he could only marry/date a black woman as he only looked at black female Marvel characters as possibilities...

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    but Wolverine isn't in different continents
    How would Storm do? Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday with the school, Fridays and Weekends with Tchalla?
    Madripoor, Japan, Savage Land etc.

Therein lies the problem. Why Storm is not allowed to thrive outside the X-Men is beyond me.

Beast was an Avenger for years.

Bobby and Warren were on the Champions.

Warren was on New Defenders.

Rogue is an Avenger.

Roberto and Sam are Avengers.

Don't need to say anything about Logan

But Storm can't be away from the X-Men. This is totally ridiculous especially when they don't do anything with her.

So what are they saving her for? No one has announced any plans to do anything with her, no story arcs.

Except for the guy writing Black Panther.

If there are any Storm fans out there and they want her to have a successful solo, then they better hope she gets out of the stagnant rut she's in over in the X-verse and joins the greater Marvel U.

Incredible Member

I never liked the idea of Storm being tied to royalty. She was a relatable character and always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I never liked the idea of Storm being tied to royalty. She was a relatable character and always will be.
    But .. Storm herself IS royalty
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    But .. Storm herself IS royalty
    Eh, it’s probably a retcon.

Earth X's version was interesting. The entire population of the world had become mutants, so being strictly an X-Man wasn't really necessary anymore. Storm and Black Panther ruled a United States of Africa as equals.

tumblr_ndb6iorWnG1tf70vho1_1280.jpg

That was a problem in 616. Ororo has always used her powers to help the people around her. In her goddess days it was the people of the Sahara and Great Rift Valley. Xavier recruited her and she started helping the whole world(and even other planets/dimensions/the universe). Not just other mutants, but humans as well, and even other aliens.

T'Challa in 616 is about Wakanda first and foremost. Yes, he's saved the world/universe with the Avengers/The Illuminati/The Ultimates before, but principally his focus is on Wakanda as they are his people and his culture and he is their King(at least most of the time). And ultimately it was for his people that he annulled the marriage(as if Storm could control what Phoenix-possessed Namor did).

Ororo is not Wakandan. She may speak their language, but she is not of that land. The winds can not be contained in one small country. She is a citizen of the world. A child of creation. Just prior to the marriage she had led her X-Treme X-Men in saving this whole dimension from Khan, and had brokered a UN-sanctioned XSE team with global authority.

That's the main problem I have with them as a couple. Storm should be free to roam where the winds carry her, not held down to one patch of earth. Any suitor to be by her side should be similarly free, or else, he is not the one.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Eh, it’s probably a retcon.
    Ororo Munroe, daughter of N'Dare, is a princess of a bloodline older than Atlantis, and has been since within a couple years of her inception as a comic book character(and her original creators intended for her to be an immortal goddess). She has always been a bit beyond your girl next door(even if her depowered period humanized her considerably). She's a weather goddess. And a princess with witch blood. (But her dad is from Harlem and she was born there. If you prick her, she bleeds.)
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

She was worshipped as a goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Earth X's version was interesting. The entire population of the world had become mutants, so being strictly an X-Man wasn't really necessary anymore. Storm and Black Panther ruled a United States of Africa as equals.

tumblr_ndb6iorWnG1tf70vho1_1280.jpg

That was a problem in 616. Ororo has always used her powers to help the people around her. In her goddess days it was the people of the Sahara and Great Rift Valley. Xavier recruited her and she started helping the whole world(and even other planets/dimensions/the universe). Not just other mutants, but humans as well, and even other aliens.

T'Challa in 616 is about Wakanda first and foremost. Yes, he's saved the world/universe with the Avengers/The Illuminati/The Ultimates before, but principally his focus is on Wakanda as they are his people and his culture and he is their King(at least most of the time). And ultimately it was for his people that he annulled the marriage(as if Storm could control what Phoenix-possessed Namor did).

Ororo is not Wakandan. She may speak their language, but she is not of that land. The winds can not be contained in one small country. She is a citizen of the world. A child of creation. Just prior to the marriage she had led her X-Treme X-Men in saving this whole dimension from Khan, and had brokered a UN-sanctioned XSE team with global authority.

That's the main problem I have with them as a couple. Storm should be free to roam where the winds carry her, not held down to one patch of earth. Any suitor to be by her side should be similarly free, or else, he is not the one.
    This. Very well said Yogaflame!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ororo Munroe, daughter of N'Dare, is a princess of a bloodline older than Atlantis, and has been since within a couple years of her inception as a comic book character(and her original creators intended for her to be an immortal goddess). She has always been a bit beyond your girl next door(even if her depowered period humanized her considerably). She's a weather goddess. And a princess with witch blood. (But her dad is from Harlem and she was born there. If you prick her, she bleeds.)
    I know Storm is of mystic lineage but when has the mention of her being tied to royalty been bought up?

I know Storm is of mystic lineage but when has the mention of her being tied to royalty been bought up?
    uxm-annual_1__2006__48.jpg
    storm60.jpg
    10char
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

2707857-ororo_01_017.jpg
    You are welcome
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Incredible Member

I guess I'll take it as canon then. Chris Claremont really contributed to Storm's character over the years.