Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    -motions to a few pages back where a discussion was had about multi-citizenship-
    This is not going to fly with people who want mutants deported. For the people who don't even want mutants to be citizens, you think they'd be persuaded by the idea of mutants holding multi-citizenship?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Yep, I want to see Jean form new ties and relationships which this is looking to do. I dont want to read about the same mix of characters again.
    This issue actually explains Red's unorthodox roster quite a bit. Most of them aren't there by choice, but because they were unlucky enough to be in arms length of Jean when Nova decided to frame her. And I think Gentle was in Wakanda before this? So he may be on the team at T'challa's behest.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    This is not going to fly with people who want mutants deported. For the people who don't even want mutants to be citizens, you think they'd be persuaded by the idea of mutants holding multi-citizenship?
    You're overthinking it, bruh.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I wonder if the x-office is setting up the inevitable Gold vs Red crossover, or if they just don't communicate properly.
    They may be going for an early 90’s X-men/X-force situation (sharing the same desired end goal but disagreeing on the approach).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    You're overthinking it, bruh.
    Or perhaps you're letting your uncritical admiration of Tom Taylor and fandom of Jean cloud your judgement?

I cannot put this is any simpler terms:

Kitty's idea: Mutants should not be treated differently from other American citizens and should not be singled out to be treated differently. They should have the same rights as all Americans.

Jean's idea: Mutants should be treated differently from other American citizens and should be singled out to be treated differently. They should have different rights from other Americans.

How are these ideas compatible?

Where do u see Jean asked to be treated differently?

You need to reread the issue.

She only wants a voice in the UN.

As you may know, many organizations and groups, in our REAL world, get to address the UN and participate in their programs that help people.

On top of that this is fantasy UN, so if things are different that’s fine too.

I don't think editorial thought this through. Screw incompatible ideas, as long as the books sell, I suppose.
    That's a safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    They may be going for an early 90’s X-men/X-force situation (sharing the same desired end goal but disagreeing on the approach).
    Seems like the current climate will lead to conflict sooner rather than later.

Or perhaps you're letting your uncritical admiration of Tom Taylor and fandom of Jean cloud your judgement?

Kitty's idea: Mutants should not be treated differently from other American citizens and should not be singled out to be treated differently. They should have the same rights as all Americans.

Jean's idea: Mutants should be treated differently from other American citizens and should be singled out to be treated differently. They should have different rights from other Americans.

They're not compatible. Personally, I'd get behind Kitty's plan.

BANNED

I dont think Jean is asking to be treated differently, just fairly and given the same protections that other citizens are given. She stated in some countries it's ok to just kill or lock up someone just because they are mutants. Having mutants with their own mutantship offering those protections that normal flatscans get.

I can't stop seeing Jeans internally rotated leg. Does she have a problem with her gait

Also Jeans big on the meritocracy
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-07-2018 at 06:09 PM.

I don’t know what some of you don’t get?

Minorities have special protection in this country, maybe you need to read the Constitution?

Jean wants equal rights not different rights.

This is a similar argument folks tend to use when arguing against lgbt rights. “Why do gay people deserve different or special rights?” They don’t tend to want special rights...they want equal rights as every other American citizen.

Gay people living in America, just like mutants living in America, may fall under the protections of broad roghts of every other American cotizen. But obviously that doesn’t stop some states (until recently), counties, cities from being able to discriminate against employees or tenants for being gay, for example.

So even though gay people (mutants) are American citizens, they have formed groups so that they can join conversations and advocate for equal gay (mutant) rights, which is what jean seems to be trying to do.

If it’s the idea that jean says “mutant nation” thats throwing you off, in that I can agree to an extent. I’m not sure an actual “mutant nation” is reasonable (though I’d be willing to give it a try). But despite her means, I still disagree with you that she is advocating for “different” rights.

P.s. I’m sincerely just curious about something, and I don’t want to assume so I hope I don’t come off as being accusatory. But do you happen to be a straight white male?
    Last edited by Grey; 02-07-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fantastic Member

Yep, I want to see Jean form new ties and relationships which this is looking to do. I dont want to read about the same mix of characters again.
    This exactly. I don't recall ever seeing Jean interact with Namor, Black Panther or some of the other characters that are rumored to be showing up in the future. I'm not surprised T'Challa and Namor were willing to help the mutant cause, I picture both seeing the value of Jean's idea or at least it's potential if done well, but both probably realized that Jean didn't have the experience to pull it off.

I wonder if Jean will have to deal with other heroes trying to bring her into custody. This also opens more storyline avenues for Namor, will Atlantis face consequences on the world stage after taking part in what appeared to be a target assassination, especially, considering his history.

I'm still shocked at that ending. When i heard about Red, I thought that the first issue would focus on the team gathering and the story would end with Jean standing in front of her new team, hands on her hips, with a final line that conveyed pending triumph. What i got was a clearly shaken, lost, sad Jean, covered in blood and now viewed as a murderer by the world.

The Jean Grey character is in circumstances I couldn't have imagined for her and thats very exciting as a reader.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Where do u see Jean asked to be treated differently?

You need to reread the issue.

She only wants a voice in the UN.

As you may know, many organizations and groups, in our REAL world, get to address the UN and participate in their programs that help people.

On top of that this is fantasy UN, so if things are different that’s fine too.
    Read the issue again. She wanted a mutant nation, and both Wakadan and Atlantean representatives recognised the mutant nation. If mutants in their own respective countries are also citizens of a mutant nation by virtue of being mutants, then they are indeed asking to be treated differently from other Americans.

She chose the idea from "the greatest thinkers" but there are lot of Nobel Peace prize warmongerers and I didn't see Doom or Sinister there so don't know if she wanted moral people cause some of those lads aren't. Think I saw aung san suu kyi there

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I don’t know what some of you don’t get?

Minorities have special protection in this country, maybe you need to read the Constitution?
    “Special protection” under the constitution in formality, maybe. Yet laws still exist in areas of the country that blatantly discriminate against minorities. So clearly something isn’t working as intended which is the idea behind jean’s approach, I believe.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?