Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He really things he can't be wrong.
    You’re never wrong when you write for an audience of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    On her deathbed, Laurel, who in the comics is Oliver's OTP, told Oliver that he should continue pursuing Felicity, Oliver's show OTP and Guggenheim's waifu (she's written virtually the same as Kitty). Thus, Laurel's death, a character who had been in the show for 4 seasons and was the female lead, was used solely to further the love story of Olicity.

I could see the same thing happen here with Rachel dying and telling Kitty to get over her grief by not postponing the wedding or whatever.
    Oh...
    Friendly reminder that Nathan Summers and Rachel Grey Summers care about each other

Kitty: "We need to buy ourselves a little time to figure this out. We need alibis."
    Rachel: "Leading a rebellion in outer space? Being held prisoner by the hand in Madripoor? Judging a Wolverine cosplay contest in Japan?"

Wow. Comparing Kurt in Gold and Kurt in Red is such a got damned tragic.

Also, I would care more about Logan leaving if I hadn't dropped this book 13 issues ago.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I see Guggs new character Narcolepsy has made her triumphant return.

#next
    All of y'all are bashing Gwuggles for having Kitty save the day and Ororo nap during battle but sleep helps prevent heart disease so who's the true winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    But the big difference here is that Rachel has nothing to do with the Colossu/Kitty romance. Laurel was killed because she was seen as a threat to Olicty.
    Laurel was killed because they had no idea what to do with her character outside of romance storylines.
    Also her more popular family member had recently come back from the dead so the writers may have thought she was redundant.

There may be something to this analogy

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Wow. Comparing Kurt in Gold and Kurt in Red is such a got damned tragic.

Also, I would care more about Logan leaving if I hadn't dropped this book 13 issues ago.

All of y'all are bashing Gwuggles for having Kitty save the day and Ororo nap during battle but sleep helps prevent heart disease so who's the true winner.
    I like Narcolepsy. Prevention of heart disease is her second mutation, her first being sleep obviously.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

We all know that Rachel’s gonna tell Kurt she wants to get married too. Then, when everyone blows a gasket, Guggie will say, “Bi? What’s that? Is that like gay? Y’know, Curtis is gay!”

And then, everyone will drop Gold for Red and be much happier with their lives.

The funny thing is, for someome who writes a craptastic Storm, i love his Vixen.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Laurel was killed because they had no idea what to do with her character outside of romance storylines.
    Also her more popular family member had recently come back from the dead so the writers may have thought she was redundant.

There may be something to this analogy
    How is Rachel redundant but 2 Storms, 3 Beasts, 2 Angels, 2 Gaysicles, 2 Jeans, and like 8 Wolverines not considered redundant? I know that you're not making that claim, I'm just reacting to your post.

I would not be surprised, sadly, if Rachel is killed or sent away again. It's par for the course for her really because that's historically what they have done. Le sigh....

BANNED

Another abomination by Guggenheim. I truly hate how he demotes the main cast in order to glorify Kitty. It's exhausting. Kurt manages to bamf into X-Men Red, thank the X-gods for that. Sucks for the rest of the cast stuck in a subpar book with an author that essentially just writes fanfiction. On the plus side, it's nice to hear that Magma had a role to play, after being brought into the book at random. And after skimreading that CBR interview, the biggest tidbit was that there's another unrevealed mutant on the X-Men Gold replacement team. My bet is on Dani Moonstar, Dust, Rockslide or Anole, given Guggenheim has written them all before.

I don't even know why I buy this book anymore. I went from being blown away with the first issue to just bored and eye-rolling to disgusted. I think maybe because it's that classic iconic (in my mind) cast. Even if they are being horribly written. I feel like this is the "flagship" title that is standing in Uncanny's stead right now, and doing a pitiful job. But where else can I read about the classic team? I'm just so sad about the character treatment, it's like self-abuse. Storm and her nap time. THe glorification of Kitty (and I thought Whedon worshiped her.) Don't get me started on Kittylossus. Or is that Collitty? Whatever it is, it's dreadful. and Kurt and his blandness. The best lines are buy Rachel but only when she's not in the book.

Someone help me to drop this exercise in character assassination, I need a support group because I can't seem to do it by myself.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I don't even know why I buy this book anymore. I went from being blown away with the first issue to just bored and eye-rolling to disgusted. I think maybe because it's that classic iconic (in my mind) cast. Even if they are being horribly written. I feel like this is the "flagship" title that is standing in Uncanny's stead right now, and doing a pitiful job. But where else can I read about the classic team? I'm just so sad about the character treatment, it's like self-abuse. Storm and her nap time. THe glorification of Kitty (and I thought Whedon worshiped her.) Don't get me started on Kittylossus. Or is that Collitty? Whatever it is, it's dreadful. and Kurt and his blandness. The best lines are buy Rachel but only when she's not in the book.

Someone help me to drop this exercise in character assassination, I need a support group because I can't seem to do it by myself.
    You just have to go cold turkey. Plus is depends on your hatred level, and how used to it you are.

For example, damn near every character in anything that's been a favorite of mine gets flushed down the toilet and never comes back up. I read Pak's Weapon X only because I had a favorite character in it. And he's treated like crap and simplified to a drooling moron. So I read for 13 chapter before dropping it for good. It's become clear it's not getting better, and Pak doesn't get the character. I may still keep up with it through watching youtube chapter reviews. And that's only because a roster change is coming, and I am wondering if my character may leave the book by the end of this year and be out of Pak's horrible writing clutches. But given the character's track record, a new writer getting them right is a long shot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    You just have to go cold turkey. Plus is depends on your hatred level, and how used to it you are.

For example, damn near every character in anything that's been a favorite of mine gets flushed down the toilet and never comes back up. I read Pak's Weapon X only because I had a favorite character in it. And he's treated like crap and simplified to a drooling moron. So I read for 13 chapter before dropping it for good. It's become clear it's not getting better, and Pak doesn't get the character. I may still keep up with it through watching youtube chapter reviews. And that's only because a roster change is coming, and I am wondering if my character may leave the book by the end of this year.
    oh true..with the roster change, even though I like Magik, I will likely be tempted to not care anymore. I think I can stick it out 3 more issues, I've done it this far. Thank you for reminding me!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post

Just read Red. Stop worrying about the "classic team." How many times has there been a classic lineup and it didn't live up to Claremont (or even Seagle/Kelly)? A bunch of times, but this is by far the worst.

The fact is that this ain't the flagship book anymore, Red is. People can complain about the lineup all you want, but they're wrong and you can't deny that Red > Gold.

Also, Red comes out once a month, Gold comes out twice. Do the math, how much would you be saving if you dropped Gold?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    The funny thing is, for someome who writes a craptastic Storm, i love his Vixen.
    after gold I would never ever read or see anything he's attached to.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

An alright issue...especially if it's Rachel using her telepathy to show her superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Wait, what issue did he write?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.