Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I just would like it to be well written, tersely dialogued, entertaining, and light-hearted without being coy or arch or snarky--I'd like it to be fun and engaging. As "married guy" wrote--
    "It just needs to be entertaining with well defined characters."
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I'm just hoping for a really good and really fun team book that sells so it isn't cancelled in six months.
    WHO DAT?!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This is how I feel as well. I hope the Terrific's becomes it's own thing, to make a unique mark on the comic world. Yeah, there is no denying the comparison to the FF but I just hope it would be a carbon copy.
    If you want Terrifics to " become it's own thing" then why would you " hope it would be a carbon copy"? Am I reading this post incorrectly? Confusion reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    I'm just hoping for a really good and really fun team book that sells so it isn't cancelled in six months.
    Here, Here!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

I agree. The real problem here is that in this era of fan Attention Deficit Syndrome most fans refuse to read beyond a narrow parameter of Trinity titles and Nu Speculators who only buy issue #1's and all the stupid variant covers. Only the hardy few still buy the new and different thus condemning projects like this to low sales and cancellation. This has nothing to do with quality of story or art and the fans that complain otherwise are largely full of it and need to find another hobby. Hopefully this won't happen with Terrifics. As it is DC is placing a lot of Faith in titles that had to spin off from a recent Batman run to even get attention.

Totally agree. Just give as a good team with good stories and not try to outdo the FF.

Besides, they'd bear a closer resemblance to Challengers of the Unknown.

Can't wait for the Terrifics/Sea Devils team-up. Or possibly even Rip Hunter original crew.

Mighty Member

Default Terrifics Out Fantastic?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Can't wait for the Terrifics/Sea Devils team-up. Or possibly even Rip Hunter original crew.
    You and me both! Although, don't forget Atomic Knights. With so many teams from around the same time era and Cave Carson and Morrison's Doom Patrol re imagined by YA plus the new spin on Challengers coming out Original concepts are going to be a tough sell. I could think of a dozen stories involving all of these teams.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    You and me both! Although, don't forget Atomic Knights. With so many teams from around the same time era and Cave Carson and Morrison's Doom Patrol re imagined by YA plus the new spin on Challengers coming out Original concepts are going to be a tough sell. I could think of a dozen stories involving all of these teams.
    There's a specific reason I only named the Sea Devils and Rip Hunter's original crew.

Mighty Member

There's a specific reason I only named the Sea Devils and Rip Hunter's original crew.
    And I'm sure your reasons are yours and yours alone. The reason I mentioned the rest is that they were IP that has been squandered for decades by DC unless given to a Morrison for a Trippy Hippy treatment. Good luck with Rip now that Legends has turned him into Dr. Who lite. That gets us off the Terrifics however which is the thread and I hope it finds an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    And I'm sure your reasons are yours and yours alone. The reason I mentioned the rest is that they were IP that has been squandered for decades by DC unless given to a Morrison for a Trippy Hippy treatment. Good luck with Rip now that Legends has turned him into Dr. Who lite. That gets us off the Terrifics however which is the thread and I hope it finds an audience.
    Actually the Sea Devils and Rip's original crew are far more on this thread's that your suggestions. I just happen to know who they are.

Same here. Is that so much to ask?! lol
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Mighty Member

Default Terrifics Out Fantastic?

Actually the Sea Devils and Rip's original crew are far more on this thread's that your suggestions. I just happen to know who they are.
    Again squandered IP that has been wasted for years. Besides my list is more inclusive and diverse. Isn't that the stated goal of the comics industry these days and not actually creating comics that sell? With Challenger's on a reboot of sorts maybe we'll see some more good stuff. If you're saying SA and Hunter have intersected with any previous Terrifics members then cool. Any new spinoff characters on both would be better than nothing.

When is the release date for the first issue?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

All-New Member

I stumbled on this thread because I was lost somewhere form the moment Fantastic 4 was going to be retired by Marvel. Of course, that would not be the case anymore as Disney bought Fox thereby reuniting F4 with Marvel.

anyways, I was trying to figure out what would be the F4 analog of DC if they would make one. It was in my head for a while and then gone. Now this "The Terrifics" came, or coming out feb 28.

lets see what they got for us.