Default Omega-plus level mutant?

I am currently reading X-Men: Deadly Genesis (from 2005). In the first issue they are talking about a mutant who is ”at least Omega level”, or ”Omega-plus”. Isn’t the whole point with Omega level that your potential is infinite? How can you be more than infinite? If someone can explain this to me I would really appreciate it.

I realize that the Omega thing has been watered down since it’s introduction (where basically only Jean and Bobby were Omega). Was Omega-plus a way to make some mutants stand out? Or has it been dropped since?

Thanks!

"Omega Plus" is probably a category they came up with when they realized the "Omega" category was getting crowded. Pretty soon there'll be "Omega Extra Strength" and "Omega We Really Mean It This Time".

But tbh I haven't seen that term used anywhere.
    Last edited by Dementia5; 02-16-2018 at 10:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I am currently reading X-Men: Deadly Genesis (from 2005). In the first issue they are talking about a mutant who is ”at least Omega level”, or ”Omega-plus”. Isn’t the whole point with Omega level that your potential is infinite? How can you be more than infinite? If someone can explain this to me I would really appreciate it.

I realize that the Omega thing has been watered down since it’s introduction (where basically only Jean and Bobby were Omega). Was Omega-plus a way to make some mutants stand out? Or has it been dropped since?

Thanks!
    The whole omega mutant class was doomed from the start to mean what they wanted it to mean the moment they made Iceman an omega mutant. Originally, omega mutants were those who had the potential to rival the power of people like Galactus when they reach the full expression of their full potential as a mutant. Iceman's powerset to remove heat from his target space (he likely takes it into his body and shunts it off to another dimension...my theory, anyway), mold moisture into various shapes, turn to ice, and create ice gollems simply can't compete with the powersets of the cosmic abstracts, no matter what Marvel says. Then, Jean being an omega mutant was all hinged on her ability to host the Phoenix Force entity (which does put her on the level of the abstracts, but the power would be coming from an external being that has symbioted with her) doesn't really work either as now anybody can house the PF with Jean simply being its most suitable host.

Personally, I think there should be an omega classification, with an omega plus above that, and then cosmic above that. In the omega class, I would have Xavier, Magneto, Jean Grey, Iceman, Emma Frost, Meggan, Polaris (at her full potential she would rival Magneto), Bishop, etc. The reason I would have these people here is it doesn't make sense to have any of them in the same powerclass as one-trick pony characters like Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Beast, Cannonball, Mystique, and Wolverine.

In the Omega Plus category, I would have people like Scarlet Witch, Mad Jim Jaspers, and Shaman X-Man.

In the cosmic category, I would have people like Storm, Franklin Richards, and Selene. The cosmic class would be people who'd have the potential to rival or surpass the likes of Galactus, Eternity, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post

Thanks!
    Easy Answer:

Comics.

There no such thing as limits. Soon there will be Omega Level Infinity Mutants!! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    The whole omega mutant class was doomed from the start to mean what they wanted it to mean the moment they made Iceman an omega mutant. Originally, omega mutants were those who had the potential to rival the power of people like Galactus when they reach the full expression of their full potential as a mutant. Iceman's powerset to remove heat from his target space (he likely takes it into his body and shunts it off to another dimension...my theory, anyway), mold moisture into various shapes, turn to ice, and create ice gollems simply can't compete with the powersets of the cosmic abstracts, no matter what Marvel says. Then, Jean being an omega mutant was all hinged on her ability to host the Phoenix Force entity (which does put her on the level of the abstracts, but the power would be coming from an external being that has symbioted with her) doesn't really work either as now anybody can house the PF with Jean simply being its most suitable host.

Personally, I think there should be an omega classification, with an omega plus above that, and then cosmic above that. In the omega class, I would have Xavier, Magneto, Jean Grey, Iceman, Emma Frost, Meggan, Polaris (at her full potential she would rival Magneto), Bishop, etc. The reason I would have these people here is it doesn't make sense to have any of them in the same powerclass as one-trick pony characters like Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Beast, Cannonball, Mystique, and Wolverine.

In the Omega Plus category, I would have people like Scarlet Witch, Mad Jim Jaspers, and Shaman X-Man.

In the cosmic category, I would have people like Storm, Franklin Richards, and Selene. The cosmic class would be people who'd have the potential to rival or surpass the likes of Galactus, Eternity, etc.
    Selene? jajaja WTF alguien necesita ver como ha sido constantemente humillada en la actualidad.

Mutantes Omega confirmados; Jean Gray, Franklin Richards, MR X, Rachel Gray, Vulkan, Iceman, Legion, Elixir, y lasobreestimada Hope Summers y Kid Omega.

Mutante que seguro se confirma como Omega, es decir omega potencial:

Rogue, Storm, Gambit (plenos poderes), y es posible que Chamber.

Emma Frost no es mutante de nivel omega tampoco Psylocke, telepatia omega es otra cosa, mutante nivel omega son mutantes con un poder a desarrolalr extremadamente poderoso, algo que Emma Frost no tiene, es poderosa, peor no en extremo, y ella no va a progresar mas de ahi, Selene mucho menos.

Scarleth Witch is not even a mutant until they make another retcon, and her great feat of power (HOM), retconeo that was not even merit of her but was possessed, so now we see her constantly outperformed in UA, by Graviton JUggernauth and others.

Of course the same is very powerful, much more than Emma and especially Selene.