Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I want "Wolverines Vol 2." with just Logan AND Laura.
    I would totally read that series. Logan and Laura work so well together. They're family. They're both tortured in their own unique way. It makes for an awesome dynamic that the Logan movie showed perfectly. I'd love to see it play out in a new series.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    In the Xplain interview, Taylor pretty much confirmed what we all knew and its that Jean's return was rushed. They didnt know how that mini series was ending when he was tasked to write Red, so thats why he jumped ahead a couple of months with issue #1 and the annual will be used to backtrack now that he's been given a chance to read the finale to PR
    It also comfirms that the X-Office doesn't know what its doing anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    As much as I want to think they have a better idea now than they have in recent years, this pretty much says otherwise. I agree with you.

In the Xplain interview, Taylor pretty much confirmed what we all knew and its that Jean's return was rushed. They didnt know how that mini series was ending when he was tasked to write Red, so thats why he jumped ahead a couple of months with issue #1 and the annual will be used to backtrack now that he's been given a chance to read the finale to PR
    A character like Jean who's been dead for 13 years deserves a story that was planned a year in advance, like No Surrender is. It's a shame they rushed things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    A character like Jean who's been dead for 13 years deserves a story that was planned a year in advance, like No Surrender is. It's a shame they rushed things.
    Been wonderin' 'bout that, and how much of it... was 'cause of the impending FoX deal?

But yeah, things're still in a seeming state of fluX, @ the X-house. Hopefully things will stabilize as much as they can, going by today's standards, once Cebulski gets settled in & begins to enact his vision for the MU's future.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    So completely aside from problems they have artistically with writers/artists the X-office also seems to have basic structural issues with project management. Maybe the editorial staff need training in project management techniques, or they need to hire a professional project manager for the X-line to ensure things are properly planned, plotted, sequenced, tracked and executed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Been wonderin' 'bout that, and how much of it... was 'cause of the impending FoX deal?

But yeah, things're still in a seeming state of fluX, @ the X-house. Hopefully things will stabilize as much as they can, going by today's standards, once Cebulski gets settled in & begins to enact his vision for the MU's future.
    I don believe Jean’s return has anything to do with the fox deal that may or may not have happened last fall.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    So completely aside from problems they have artistically with writers/artists the X-office also seems to have basic structural issues with project management. Maybe the editorial staff need training in project management techniques, or they need to hire a professional project manager for the X-line to ensure things are properly planned, plotted, sequenced, tracked and executed.
    It's because a lot of the editors in the X-Office are recently promoted interns, whereas other offices have veteran editors.

BANNED

I don believe Jean’s return has anything to do with the fox deal that may or may not have happened last fall.
    IDK, it adds up to me. Hard to see them as autonomous, quite frankly, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    IDK, it adds up to me. Hard to see them as autonomous, quite frankly, IMO.
    How does it add up? Im not seeing why Marvel needed to have Jean back in the books in January? What are they capitalizing on? It would have made more sense to take months to plan out her return and probably have PR take place in Fall when the Dark Phoenix movie comes out. With better planning, it could have been a crossover that took place across multiple X-books, giving them all a boost. As it stands, Jeans return was very isolated and I dont see how the Fox purchase, which wasnt even finalized when this was greenlit, could have played into that

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    As much as I want to think they have a better idea now than they have in recent years, this pretty much says otherwise. I agree with you.
    I also wanted to hope that they know better but...

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Indeed. They should have something BIG. Jean is an original X-Man after all. And she had so many years and stories with interracting with the X-Men through the White Hot Room... So much potential wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Yeah. They should do something. They should act more professional.

The PR mini felt like a confession, that Jean's return was rushed. The mini was not a good story. Why the rush, why ? Jean deserved better than this.

Thank God at Taylor is writing XMR.

What are the chances that this annual will acknowledge the Ghost Jean from the Jean solo?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    What are the chances that this annual will acknowledge the Ghost Jean from the Jean solo?
    Probably not unless there’s an Emma appearance. Taylor likes Hopeless though.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Minimal. Teen Jean isn't showing up here.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey