Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Storm still has the potential. Marvel has just yet to explore it. That's all.
    An outstanding PR including starting a political movement based on a myth to guarantee a movie is commercially successful is not necessary exploration. Blade was one of marvel's milk in the 1990s. His race was colour blind. that makes him more iconic than Black Panther. For every Black Panther myth I saw out there, there was 4x times the Blade did it first response. I think Salon.com had to apologise of pushing the Black Panther first myth over Blade. What some are not realising is characters like Blade and Storm have been iconic for years to all people. Colour of skin is not the first thing you think off with them. Black Panther is new to the game in terms of exposure, he has a long way to go before we can call him iconic.

You missed the boat on what I was saying. Storm has her own mythos outside of the X-Men to be fleshed out. You can't say that about the other X-Men like Jean, Cyclops, etc. This only works for Wolverine, Storm, and Gambit, and of the three, Storm has by far the richest treasure trove of stories that can be told. Based on your response to what I said, your solution is to swap in Wakanda for the X-Men and I'm saying its not needed. Give Storm her OWN stuff. It doesn't have to be inexorably tied into either the X-Men OR Black Panther/Wakanda. There is plenty in her own personal history and material lineage to develop and play with.
    I didn't miss anything. There really was no need to mention T'Challa at all in your post.

Everything else you said was true. There's just no need to throw subtle shade at T'Challa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I didn't miss anything. There really was no need to mention T'Challa at all in your post.

Everything else you said was true. There's just no need to throw subtle shade at T'Challa.
    I didn't throw any subtle jabs at T'challa. I was merely responding to BBeeryan's post where he made the claim that Marvel could have forever tied Storm into Wakanda. I don't think that's the right way to approach her character. Wakanda is T'challa's. Give Storm her own stuff. She has TONS in her personal history and ancestral maternal history to be played with and developed. She doesn't need to ride anybody else's coattails. That's all I was saying. Where is the shade in that towards T'challa?

Edit: I mentioned T'challa because I was responding to his post where he brought it up first. I even bolded it in his post in my response to it.

I didn't throw any subtle jabs at T'challa. I was merely responding to BBeeryan's post where he made the claim that Marvel could have forever tied Storm into Wakanda. I don't think that's the right way to approach her character. Wakanda is T'challa's. Give Storm her own stuff. She has TONS in her personal history and ancestral maternal history to be played with and developed. She doesn't need to ride anybody else's coattails. That's all I was saying. Where is the shade in that towards T'challa?

Edit: I mentioned T'challa because I was responding to his post where he brought it up first. I even bolded it in his post in my response to it.
    You're right. My apologies.

BANNED

Storm should have been tied to Wakanda for the simple reason of the fully realized Wakanda and lively and rich culture that they represent to all black folks of the MU. In story, no, Storm doesn't need to be tied to Wakanda and T'Challa. But if you're saying the for the sole purpose of historical preference and social awareness, you're crazy if you think Storm didn't need to be tied to this groundbreaking franchise. I never once said that she should have her own corner and mythos to play with. But if you can seriously look a the wide appeal that Wakanda has managed to attain and not see the importance of having a Storm heavily or even loosely tied to that mythos, then I'm afraid I don't know what to tell you.

BANNED

Again, popularity does not equal iconic. Storm is a member of a popular and iconic team but she is not the only reason for its success.

BP alone is responsible for his longevity and success.

Using your logic, in just 3 days, Black Panther just became more popular than the X-Men. That logic is just as flawed.

There is no one anywhere that believes that. We got 17 yrs of X men movies...Marvel universe is still playing catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    There is no one anywhere that believes that. We got 17 yrs of X men movies...Marvel universe is still playing catch up.
    Marvel isn't playing catch-up to anybody on the film front
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    No one here believes the statement you just made. If they do, they're being disingenuous.

Marvel Studios surpassed FOX a longtime back.

BANNED

No one here believes the statement you just made. If they do, they're being disingenuous.

Marvel Studios surpassed FOX a longtime back.

Black Panther has not shown any longevity yet. He has been popular since 2015 because of the movies. He is not Spiderman or X-Men. Black Panther is ridding off good PR from Disney. Give him the Blade or Spawn treatment including removing the Disney PR and lets see how high he would have flown at the box office.

I believe the statement jasonesta made because it is plausible.

Marvel Studios is never going to catch up to Fox unless they start giving us more movies similar to Logan or Deadpool . PG 13 movies more close to X2.

Most would likely have giving Black Panther The Wolverine treatment, had it been an X-Men movie with a different cast. the treatment he deserves because all race of men are equal and should be judged equally. The SJW culture we are in is trying to deny us that.

Black Panther is not more iconic than storm. He is not iconic at all. It will take years to get that kind of honour. Disney PR does not get it for you.
    Last edited by Sandfall; 02-18-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Anyone who believes BP has no longevity isn't paying attention. BP was the first Marvel movie for so many people who didn't care about the MCU at all.

You can't compare rated R Logan and Deadpool to pg13 movies. Not everyone who can watch MCU can watch those two movies. Blood And violence aren't always the answers. And X2 has aged horribly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    You can't compare rated R Logan and Deadpool to pg13 movies. Not everyone who can watch MCU can watch those two movies. Blood And violence aren't always the answers. And X2 has aged horribly.

X2 has hardly aged horribly. X2 still has better CGI than Black Panther. Overall is a better movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    X2 has hardly aged horribly. X2 still has better CGI than Black Panther. Overall is a better movie.
    You're acting like X-Men movies have never had bad cgi. X-Men, wolverine origins, and apocalypse all had horrible cgi. And as long as the movie is good, the cgi can get a pass. Can't say the same for the x-men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    You're acting like X-Men movies have never had bad cgi. X-Men, wolverine origins, and apocalypse all had horrible cgi. And as long as the movie is good, the cgi can get a pass. Can't say the same for the x-men.
    X-Men movies have had bad cgi. X2 does not have bad cgi. CGI is part of the movie process.
    Black Panther is an average movie. it is in the same place as the second Wolverine film. X2 is an astounding movie. X2 succeeds better than Black Panther in the major part of what matters most. Story and CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Black Panther has not shown any longevity yet. He has been popular since 2015 because of the movies. He is not Spiderman or X-Men. Black Panther is ridding off good PR from Disney. Give him the Blade or Spawn treatment including removing the Disney PR and lets see how high he would have flown at the box office.

I believe the statement jasonesta made because it is plausible.

Marvel Studios is never going to catch up to Fox unless they start giving us more movies similar to Logan or Deadpool . PG 13 movies more close to X2.

Most of us would likely have giving Black Panther The Wolverine treatment, had it been an X-Men movie with a different cast. the treatment he deserves because all race of men are equal and should be judge equally. The SJW culture we are in is trying to deny us that.

Black Panther is not more iconic than storm. He is not iconic at all. It will take years to get that kind of honour. Disney PR does not get it for you.
    Marvel passed FOX so long ago that it's coming back around like a circle.

Whether you think BP is iconic or not is immaterial because he is and has been for some time.

You say that BP wouldn't last without Disney. PR won't sell if the movie and character aren't viable and obviously BP is and they numbers show it.

It's become obvious you don't like BP and it's all good. But don't let hate blind you into seeing the obvious.

Just hope that the comics put that kind of effort behind a Storm solo so that she can get to a movie.