Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I just hope that M does feel a fair amount of guilt, possessed or not...

While I also would've liked a bigger exploration of her feelings, going into denial is a very Monet reaction.

Anyway, I'm gonna miss this series a lot. Gen X and Iceman are basically the only X-Books I look forward to every month and now they are both ending at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Glad the Jubilee is back to normal. Hopefully, she gets more appearances in other X-books. On a related note, weren't her powers theorized to get more powerful as she got older?
    Yes, that was the theory. So far they only seem to get more powerful as she gets angrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Ultimate Member

I'm just saying that in the future I hope that they do show M having more than a fair amount of guilt...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm just saying that in the future I hope that they do show M having more than a fair amount of guilt...
    What guts me is my sneaking suspicion that they won’t. It’s likely to be completely glossed over, or just mentioned in passing with Monet getting wistful for a second (complete with dramatic window stare), and then back to business like it never happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Sorry to bring this up. But just to eliminate element of surprise for me. Is Monet brown or white here? lol Anyway, great the M-Plate phase has ended. I am still a bit disappointed, because who knows how long it'll be before we see Monet again. Apparently her mental state & reflection on everything that happened isn't addressed before we possibly lose her in Limbo again. I also can't buy she was only bonded to Marius for "weeks." It seems ResurrXion took place a year later I would think.

Nice to get moments from the potential couples of the chapter
    Ben x Nate
    Jubes x Chamber

That semi-closure was pretty good. The entire chapter sounds good for most of the characters. It's mainly Monet who sounds a bit skipped over.
    Hmmm... 56 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post

- Monet’s characterization once she was free of Marius seemed off for two reasons: 1) by the end of the all-female X-run she and Jubes were quite close, but here she seems to have regressed to her old snarky student self, attitude and all. Not what I expected.
    I didnt think so. Monet's interaction with Jubilee was fine and very much in character. She was not written like original teenage Gen X Monet. She'd have been a bitch to Jubilee back then. She was snarky and fun and I saw that scene as two friends that liked each other.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    What guts me is my sneaking suspicion that they won’t. It’s likely to be completely glossed over, or just mentioned in passing with Monet getting wistful for a second (complete with dramatic window stare), and then back to business like it never happened.
    Yep. That's Marvel for ya. Like other things that got glossed over, a new writer with MOnet will probably have her acting like she did at this chapter's end, with no mention of the M-Plate fiasco or any guilt at the things she took part in.

Hell Bunn showed her as a Hellfire Club member. How much you wanna bet that may never get brought up again. Sadly, Monet isn't a character you can pass around and keep consistency. granted, continuity isn't Marvel's strong point. But it for B or C list characters without homes. They'd have to get ONE good writer who cares about there story, and said writer has to be given longer than a year with the character to get things going, developed, and resolved. But with these constant relaunches, some characters get bounced around too much for any legit arcs to develop for them.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-21-2018 at 07:28 PM.

BANNED

I think Monet would be best written without all that past crazy baggage--try to ignore it and concentrate on who she is and where she's going.

Mighty Member

Thank you lord, Monet has her beautiful Brown Skin!!! I am happy it was her former teammates that saved her. I really wish we could get Mike Carey to write a book with M, Husk, Chamber, Jubilee, add Blink, Warpath, and Rictor.. The first storyline could be them finding out that some mutants survived Necrosha and they battle the Hellions lead by Risque and Synch..

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

My bf bought this issue for me today and just got home from work, so I finally was able to read it.
    Good lord, I’m going to miss this series. Strain did a beautiful job tying up the loose ends, as well as adding so much nostalgia from the original 75 issue series. I didn’t realize how much I missed seeing Jubilee, Chamber, Husk, Monet, and even Penny/Skin/Synch from the flashbacks all together again. I would be lying if I said I didn’t shed some tears- that series was a big part of my childhood- and I’m astonished at how much I enjoyed this one. Great to see Ben and Nathaniel kiss, Roxy and Mercury together, and Lin and Trevor have a cute moment. She even helped me appreciate Quentin!
    I hope Jubilee and Jono stay together, that the four original Genxers still appear together down the road, and that Jubilee’s powers grow from here.
    A++

This book is just so beautiful. Monet got the shaft, but I think it was more about time constraints and the Legacy banner that did her in rather than ability on Strain's part. This title had everything I wanted in a package I didn't think I'd desire: Generation X was sweet, unusual, funny, fun, and gave me an unexpected sense of joy (ie the youngin's and the perpetually misused Paige Guthrie) while also featuring some underused favorites (ie the OG cast).

I've loved a lot of titles but they usually overstayed their welcome by the time they were axed. I'm sad because this book felt like it still had a lot to offer and a lot more to say. I can't wait to see what Christina Strain does next.

I wonder if anybody will pick up on the Jubilee/Chamber or Trevor/Lin Stuff. I’m doubtful. Hope I’m proven wrong but they’ll sadly likely be dropped as plot points and as a huge Nature Girl/Eye Boy shipper it makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I wonder if anybody will pick up on the Jubilee/Chamber or Trevor/Lin Stuff. I’m doubtful. Hope I’m proven wrong but they’ll sadly likely be dropped as plot points and as a huge Nature Girl/Eye Boy shipper it makes me sad.
    And don’t forget Sprite and Glob.

#Splob

A wonderful final issue to a wonderful series! I wasn't expecting much when this book was announced but it has a lot of heart! And it gave us Jubilee devamped and repowered as well as M back to normal, both very welcome changes. I like Roxy a lot now, and even have a small soft spot for QQ though that may change. It was nice to see Husk again too. And the Benji/Nate stuff was a highlight for me, very cute start of a romance!