Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    It was very weird that she was an Avenger. A mutant on the Avengers team. Avengers are heroes and her entire mutant race is hated and feared. Wanda would have been better as a member of X-Factor like her Brother or Excalibur.
    Well there were a few mutant Avengers back when they got to dealing with this and we know the situation with Rogue, but for the rest Havok seemed to decide what she did wasn't a big deal and Pietro decided she made up for it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-25-2018 at 10:48 AM.

BANNED

Wanda is not bin laden. she was not straight up evil like him. she was a good person who never intentionally tried to hurt anyone. Magneto has done far worse , he is still not comparable to Bin Laden. It would have worked for me.

One other probation I would have given Wanda was to have her bond with Hope Summers. the first mutant born after she wiped out her own species.
    The difference is that Magneto is not treated as a victim and he doesn't act like a victim. He knows exactly who he is and what he did.

He was never protected by the Avengers, who have previously made it clear that no matter what she did, she's an Avenger.
    And therefore, she will never be punished.

Scott saved the mutant race from genocide and he was compared to Hitler.
    Wanda is a genocidal and nothing happens. Oh, yes, she could be a X-teacher. ¬¬
    Avengers Assemble. **sigh**

Magneto did what he did on his own. And acting like a victim or not, he still became an official X-Men instead of being punished. Wanda was manipulated by Doom and corrupted by the lifeforce. People just choose to ignore the retcons because they actually want and like to hate on her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yaddle View Post
    That was her plan on the childrens' crusade, but she lost that power. It's no longer possible for her.
    She restored mutation to the world when she did the No More Phoenix spell with Hope. So yes, she could indeed repower those still not repowered, especially if she tapped into some sort of power source.

BANNED

Jean Grey as Dark Phoenix killed 5 billion people and Jean Grey herself most recently said she was a part of the Phoenix (X-Men Red 1). So if Jean can still be a hero, so can Wanda. Not to mention some of other acts committed by people who became X-Men or Avengers.

Life Force retcon or not, on some level Wanda is still responsible for events that led to the deaths of dozens of students. Making her a teacher at the school, forcing the survivors to look at her every day, is punishing the students not Wanda.

Jean Grey isn't trying to be a teacher to the D'bari. If they don't want to see her outside of their nightmares, they shouldn't have to.
    Last edited by Beetle; 02-25-2018 at 11:14 AM.

BANNED

People love to forget Maddie's retcon.

Wanda has and always will be a genocidal. But she's an Avenger, so nothing will happen to her.

And more:

Scott was possessed by the Phoenix when he killed Xavier, but he was arrested, hunted, called a murderer, psychopath, terrorist and Hitler. Wanda is protected by the Avengers.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 02-25-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Wanda is not bin laden. she was not straight up evil like him. she was a good person who never intentionally tried to hurt anyone. Magneto has done far worse , he is still not comparable to Bin Laden. It would have worked for me.

One other probation I would have given Wanda was to have her bond with Hope Summers. the first mutant born after she wiped out her own species.
    It doesn’t matter. To most of those kids, she was responsible for the deaths of a ton of their friends and classmates. Her actions resulted in the most traumatic period they faced at that school. She was the face of death, pain and loss

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Life Force retcon or not, on some level Wanda is still responsible for events that led to the deaths of dozens of students. Making her a teacher at the school, forcing the survivors to look at her every day, is punishing the students not Wanda.

Jean Grey isn't trying to be a teacher to the D'bari. If they don't want to see her outside of their nightmares, they shouldn't have to.
    this! It’s one thing to be a hero; it’s another thing to force yourself into those you tormented
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-25-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Incredible Member

LOL...Children's Crusade did make the Avengers become hypocrites, didn't it? Hawkeye literally killed Hulk the following year. I blame Norman Osborn for rubbing off on the Avengers during Dark Reign. They've never been correct since...

I think the problem with why Cyclops isn't seen as forgiven is that he wasn't remorseful, CuteClops. The Avengers weren't the only ones hating him....the X-men themselves didn't have his back either. Like act like you gave a damn about Xavier and quit the bad boy act.

Wanda helped Hope reignite the mutant race then she wiped herself and forced her brother to not be mutants anymore. Shes gone down in history as the most hated nonmutants in mutant history.

I wish that after the events that Wanda and Cyclops were forced to work together (maybe even during the Inhuman fiasco). 2 Supermodel types discussing the benefits of being a mutant and what the bad benefits were would've been great with both coming to a great understanding of each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    LOL...Children's Crusade did make the Avengers become hypocrites, didn't it? Hawkeye literally killed Hulk the following year. I blame Norman Osborn for rubbing off on the Avengers during Dark Reign. They've never been correct since...

I think the problem with why Cyclops isn't seen as forgiven is that he wasn't remorseful, CuteClops. The Avengers weren't the only ones hating him....the X-men themselves didn't have his back either. Like act like you gave a damn about Xavier and quit the bad boy act.

Wanda helped Hope reignite the mutant race then she wiped herself and forced her brother to not be mutants anymore. Shes gone down in history as the most hated nonmutants in mutant history.

I wish that after the events that Wanda and Cyclops were forced to work together (maybe even during the Inhuman fiasco). 2 Supermodel types discussing the benefits of being a mutant and what the bad benefits were would've been great with both coming to a great understanding of each other.
    No, my friend, read the Bendis run on Uncanny X-Men, please. Cyclops is just remorse.

Wanda never felt remorse for her crimes. On the contrary, she just kept on playing 'the innocent and the victim', and gloat in mutantkind faces.
    read Uncanny Avengers and All-New X-Men 012, please.

Cyclops and Wanda, both, together? Yeah, sure, of course. As long as she gets the same treatment as Scott... for six years.
    Being hated by all, including by the Avengers, her friends and her family. Oh, yes, being called a genocidal and Hitler by all, and die, of course, off panel.
    Hell, yes, I'm in.

It's over and the MU have moved on, no punishment coming 😓

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Magneto did what he did on his own. And acting like a victim or not, he still became an official X-Men instead of being punished. Wanda was manipulated by Doom and corrupted by the lifeforce. People just choose to ignore the retcons because they actually want and like to hate on her.
    Well he can't be punished in case you didn't read the Trial of Magneto. He's above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    No, my friend, read the Bendis run on Uncanny X-Men, please. Cyclops is just remorse.

Wanda never felt remorse for her crimes.On the contrary, she just kept on playing 'the innocent and the victim', and gloat in mutantkind faces.
    read Uncanny Avengers
    and All-New X-Men 012, please.

Cyclops and Wanda, both, together? Yeah, sure, of course. As long as she gets the same treatment as Scott... for six years.
    Being hated by all, including by the Avengers, her friends and her family. Oh, yes, being called a genocidal and Hitler by all, and die, of course, off panel.
    Hell, yes, I'm in.
    Yah, I read the first issue of U/A where Wanda acted like an arrogant prick. Rogue belted Wanda for mouthing off about the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Life Force retcon or not, on some level Wanda is still responsible for events that led to the deaths of dozens of students.
    She accepted responsibility in her own way to some of those individually harmed, micro level is easier then macro.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-25-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLives View Post
    It's over and the MU have moved on, no punishment coming 😓
    Absolutely true, and it guts me.

And they all deserve to die off panel and be hated and despised and they should be called Hitler for another two years.
    Scott saved the mutant race from genocide and he was compared to Hitler.
    Scott was possessed by the Phoenix when he killed Xavier, but he was arrested, hunted, called a murderer, psychopath, terrorist and Hitler.
    As long as she gets the same treatment as Scott... for six years.
    I don’t want to jump to conclusions, but I’m starting to get the impression that this really bothers you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.